WRC 10 Announced, Coming September 2 on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 460 comments
I just switched from Logitech G923 to Fanatec GT DD Pro on PS5. However, the game still has me using "Logitech Racing Wheel". There is no way to change it. And the FFB is terrible. Has anyone else had this issue in WRC 10 after switching wheel brands? It's like the game has permanently binded me to Logitech and I don't know how to get myself "unstuck". Pretty ridiculous in a game that has the Fanatec logo plastered all over the place. I guess wiping my save file could be a last resort. I have tried both modes: PS4/PS5 native as well as PlayStation compatibility.

EDIT: I had to erase my save game file. Reinstalling didn't work.
How’s s ffb now after you erased game file?

Last edited:
How’s s ffb now after you erased game file?
To be honest, it didn't feel any different 🤣. So I lost all my progress for nothing. At least I already had the Platinum trophy! I wonder if the wheel names are nothing more than that. Just names. The FFB was horrendous. Even worse than the default with the Logitech. Setting NDP (damping) to "1" made a huge improvement & I had to accompany that with turning tyre force way down in-game, to like 19 or something, and had to compensate that by leaving centre force relatively high. The weird thing about that is that it is the exact opposite of what felt good on Logitech. On Logitech I had high tyre force and low centre force. On GT DD Pro I have low tyre force and high centre force. Wheel is feeling great now.

I am convinced now that the Fanatec ads all over this game are nothing more than an eSports contractual obligation with WRC Promotor rather than a collaboration between KT and Fanatec. The announcement of the partnership doesn't mention anything about development https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/wrc-agrees-new-partnership-with-esports-experts-fanatec/. It must be nothing more than a Fanatec ad campaign. I mean, they don't even have official setting in the forum like they do for other games.

To be honest, it didn't feel any different 🤣. So I lost all my progress for nothing. At least I already had the Platinum trophy! I wonder if the wheel names are nothing more than that. Just names. The FFB was horrendous. Even worse than the default with the Logitech. Setting NDP (damping) to "1" made a huge improvement & I had to accompany that with turning tyre force way down in-game, to like 19 or something, and had to compensate that by leaving centre force relatively high. The weird thing about that is that it is the exact opposite of what felt good on Logitech. On Logitech I had high tyre force and low centre force. On GT DD Pro I have low tyre force and high centre force. Wheel is feeling great now.

I am convinced now that the Fanatec ads all over this game are nothing more than an eSports contractual obligation with WRC Promotor rather than a collaboration between KT and Fanatec. The announcement of the partnership doesn't mention anything about development https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2020/wrc/wrc-agrees-new-partnership-with-esports-experts-fanatec/. It must be nothing more than a Fanatec ad campaign. I mean, they don't even have official setting in the forum like they do for other games.
Totally baseless speculation here but I reckon the legalese of it all is on the WRC side rather than the development side, just based on how many 30sec stationary shots the Puma cockpit got at Monte - this would fit the fanatec playbook having already plastered themselves all over GT racing.

Edit: hope you resolve any lingering issues soon but if it does mean you're easier to catch in JRC then I won't be complaining

Last edited:

That’s damn frustrating especially as I’ve found the latest update seems to have even improved ffb on the g29.

Can’t see any amount of wheel issues slowing you down in jrc however, unluckily for the rest of us!

Wanted to post an update playing WRC10. Frustration with the 50th Anniversary mode aside, I’m really having a good time.

Career mode has been the best of the series, but most of my enjoyment has been in Quick Play. And most (if not all) of my Quick Play time has been with the legendary cars.

It’s been a while since I’ve played other Rally titles, but the legendary cars in 10 handle naturally without exaggeration. And after listening to this legend describe his experience with the 037 I’m sold on their general authenticity in 10.

In case there was any doubt, CodeRemasters' WRC games look like they will be under the EA Sports banner. This is Jon Armstrong's Rally 3 car:

EA-Ford-Fiesta-Rally3-Jon-Armstrong-1.png

The engine isn’t the problem IMO, it’s the bad implementation of single player and multiplayer modes. They promised the multiplayer league system last time, then backed out last minute and tried to say it was just another name for the eSports mode.

22 rallies. Maybe they will have championships from different generations of cars.

Probably a historic mode like 10. Which had 18 rallies, and with nothing new on the 2022 calendar, that leaves 4 rallies we don't know about.

Let's hope they go out with a bang. I still haven't made my mind up if 10 is really better than 9. And 8 is still my favourite.

hope that in this final chapter of the series we will have the "Championship Hotseat Offline" mod so that we can start in any of the 3 categories with some friends in our house, as well as the traditional "Championship" mode that was present in old games of the series and was " taken away"...

I see WRC 10 has hit a pretty good discount on consoles now, around $30 US on Xbox Series X; any recommendations on it for that price? I'll be playing with a controller, unfortunately.

I see WRC 10 has hit a pretty good discount on consoles now, around $30 US on Xbox Series X; any recommendations on it for that price? I'll be playing with a controller, unfortunately.

It's a good game, up there with Dirt Rally 2. With a controller it plays best on the next gen consoles as it's buttery smooth on the 60fps mode. Stage design is excellent, career mode is decent fun and the anniversary mode is a really enjoyable challenge.

I'm playing through WRC 10 at the moment. What's irritating me are objectives failing when I feel they shouldn't be failing. The last two times I've had "earn X amount of money in 4 weeks" they failed during a rally. Both times I was leading the rally, on track to make way more than the objective wanted, and it wasn't failed prior to going into the rally. I'm not sure how it goes from being in progress to failed while still in an event.

I'm playing through WRC 10 at the moment. What's irritating me are objectives failing when I feel they shouldn't be failing. The last two times I've had "earn X amount of money in 4 weeks" they failed during a rally. Both times I was leading the rally, on track to make way more than the objective wanted, and it wasn't failed prior to going into the rally. I'm not sure how it goes from being in progress to failed while still in an event.
Best thing you can do is just ignore them, they don't add hardly anything anyway, irrelevant and unfair as a lot of the time they are unrealistic, like don't use hard tyres for x amount of weeks, yeah whatever.

Yeah, I know. I hate the "don't use hard tires" one, which seems to get thrown at me a lot. They might just as well tell me to run on three wheels while they're at it. Another one is stuff like "don't exceed 22 minutes in repairs". What, altogether out of the entire rally? I'm running realistic distance so it spans several days with several repair periods. Yeah, instead of using the three hours I'm cumulatively allotted for repairs I'll basically just sit back and watch my car fall apart.

Last edited:
Yeah, I know. I hate the "don't use hard tires" one, which seems to get thrown at me a lot. They might just as well tell me to run on three wheels while they're at it. Another one is stuff like "don't exceed 22 minutes in repairs". What, altogether out of the entire rally? I'm running realistic distance so it spans several days with several repair periods. Yeah, instead of using the three hours I'm cumulatively allotted for repairs I'll basically just sit back and watch my car fall apart.
It's like whoever came up with the challenges had nothing to do with the game or has any understanding of the sport. Dowt!

Last edited:
20$cad on psn now for ps4, for any interested.
Edit: just noticed wrc9 also, for 13$cad.
I'm really itching for wrc10, pretty complete base game too.
Just always so tight in budget, grrr.

Edit: just went back to wrc8 to see how much i like the series, if worth it for me to get 10.

Have to say, tracks sure are nice, as all know, lots detail. In helicopter view replays, you can see how much work went into it, looks really nice.

Last edited:
*Wish there was a career mode where you could use the historic cars, I'll end up buying it anyway.
(*Wonder if EA/CM will allow this like the dirt games.)
It's not going to be down to EA/CM to make that choice, it will be down to whatever limits are placed on them by the WRC licence.

Does 10 have full new zealand, Argentina and germany rallies or just 1 older stage each?
Those are full rallies in wrc 9 if im not mistaken..

I wonder, can you run historic stages with the newer cars too, at least in single stage mode?

So there were October and november updates, with full greece and belgium rally it seems? Plus some historic events added, portugal, etc.

Wrc generations if they put in all full rallies from 8,9,10 or more will be a must, i would miss turkey, germany, australia, mexico, etc otherwise.

Last edited:
Back