WRC 5

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 351 comments
Amazon USA had WRC 5 listed for ps4 to be released on October 30th .. now it is November 24th. I guess that is good, waiting for the first patch to see what happens.

Logged in and this is on the main menu. Illiteracy is bad, mmmkay?

2jf95t.jpg

I thought maybe that's what they were trying to do, but if you look closely they misspelled it again in the serious explanation at the bottom.
They should talk to the translators then, the spelling mistake came from them - still doesn't make it illiteracy though ;)

I thought maybe that's what they were trying to do, but if you look closely they misspelled it again in the serious explanation at the bottom.

Yeah I noticed that. I was just joking lol :P Clearly it's a translation error on their part.

Picked it up for my Xbox a few days ago and like it a lot, I've missed have a proper rally game since moving and not being able to play Dirt or WRC 4 on my computer.

Feeling foolish here...

After @doblocruiser 's excellent tests and investigation into the handling options for the SLRE demo, I jumped back into WRC5 to see if perhaps I'd missed something similar. True indeed, I had overlooked the deadzone and other handling sliders which has made quite a difference 👍

I blame playing Driveclub for the past sixteen months ;) (and old age) for forgetting that games can have handling options :ouch:

I got this for Christmas and its decent fun. Physics are a nice level between unforgiving and arcade with the cars acting as I imagine they would handle in this type of game. Unfortunately I get rife screen-tearing and frame-rate dropping on certain rallies(Wales and Finland to name examples...). Should be a nice stop gap until Dirt:Rally. 👍

I bought it for my brother's Christmas, and we both were utterly dissappointed with it. Horrible graphics for being a PS3 title, and very unstable framerate. Then we both jumped on the PS2 and played WRC3, a 12-year old game. Had a lot more fun with that.

Guess I should've inspected more thoroughly and bought him WRC 4 instead...

I just got this for steam at a bargain price. I paid £9.90 and also got a free random steam key (was a low budget RPG I wont be playing). It doesn't run to bad on my pc but some people on the discussion board says they are getting micro stutter but its pretty smooth for me. It plays OK with a PS4 DS4 controller but the physics seem a bit off, for instance I got the car on 2 wheels and was expecting a roll but it just got back to 4 wheels with no damage. I will say I like the longer stages after playing Dirt 3 its nice to have stages that last more than 2 minutes.

just an update I'm done with this game it has scripted A.I. I did a Poland stage really slow without hitting anything and won with a time of 6.15.4xx the A.I had a time of 6.16.7xx(wow close race!). So then I put my foot down and got a 5.57.1xx the A.I? 5.58.6xx. What is the 🤬 point of a racing game where I can win as long as I drive carefully Its not a game no thrill its like careful driver simulator. So without racing I already know I have the junior, WRC2 and WRC championships.

Last edited:
I just bought this today as something like a rage-relief game for when it's all going wrong on Forza, I don't really care about racing the AI or any career stuff and instead just run the stages on the quick stage feature. I really like most of the stages I've tried so far, you can tell they stick to the same location but so far I haven't noticed any corners being repeated on different stages which is really nice. The physics took a bit of getting used to but I'm already at a level I feel comfortable with driving at speed.

just an update I'm done with this game it has scripted A.I. I did a Poland stage really slow without hitting anything and won with a time of 6.15.4xx the A.I had a time of 6.16.7xx(wow close race!). So then I put my foot down and got a 5.57.1xx the A.I? 5.58.6xx. What is the 🤬 point of a racing game where I can win as long as I drive carefully Its not a game no thrill its like careful driver simulator. So without racing I already know I have the junior, WRC2 and WRC championships.

I've definitely noticed that. Instead of having the AI drive their own races, it bases all their results off your time, usually with you winning the stage by 0.5 seconds.

I've definitely noticed that. Instead of having the AI drive their own races, it bases all their results off your time, usually with you winning the stage by 0.5 seconds.
Yeah I think it was to cut time off development. It also explained the reason we don't get position updates after each sector.

Yeah I think it was to cut time off development. It also explained the reason we don't get position updates after each sector.
That and the fact that the WRC stopped allowing teams to provide split times to drivers from the 2015 season.

The AI is certainly suspect, but the lack of splits comes from the actual regulations.

That and the fact that the WRC stopped allowing teams to provide split times to drivers from the 2015 season.

The AI is certainly suspect, but the lack of splits comes from the actual regulations.

Ah OK sorry didn't know that.

So in order to take part in the WRC 5 eSports events I need to spend another £12 on DLC stages that can't then even be used in the career mode.

Nope, don't think so.

Indeed, WRC 5 is fun enough and I would have been find at the cost if it added a good length stage to each of the events.

Silly way to do it and a missed opportunity indeed

Back