WRC Generations

• Thread starter Famine
  • 487 comments
I'm going to disband the GTPlanet team at the end of this week, only a few people participating and my dad and brother want to do an active team so will be disbanding it. Obviously if someone wants to recreate the GTPlanet group then they can of course.
Why? We're currently second in the league, at least 3 players active on daily/weekly challenges!

I'm going to disband the GTPlanet team at the end of this week, only a few people participating and my dad and brother want to do an active team so will be disbanding it. Obviously if someone wants to recreate the GTPlanet group then they can of course.
Im not playing as much as i thought, playing more GT7 and other. Sorry.

My experience with League last week.
Monday or Tuesday - both races were WRC1 only and one was at night. Did the day one.
Wednesday - glitch on loading "You have been removed from Team" - unable to access League events.
Friday - added back to Team on boot up. Played both races I think (one was something other than WRC1!) and 2 thirds of Weekly event
Sunday - glitch on loading "You have been removed from Team" - unable to access League events. Couldn't finish the weekly.
Decided to do some WRC2 Career races instead. Remembered how much more fun the WRC2 cars are with instinctive fun handling, compared to WRC1 where I still struggle with handling after 6 months...

So between the 4 week reset and having to start again, when I'm not booted off the Team by the game, when there is something other than WRC1 at night to do, I've not played as much as I expected. Sorry.

As far as I am aware, there has never EVER been a WRC2 race in the League events (a few WRC3 races when we're lucky)...? Which is ridiculous.

My experience with League last week.
Monday or Tuesday - both races were WRC1 only and one was at night. Did the day one.
Wednesday - glitch on loading "You have been removed from Team" - unable to access League events.
Friday - added back to Team on boot up. Played both races I think (one was something other than WRC1!) and 2 thirds of Weekly event
Sunday - glitch on loading "You have been removed from Team" - unable to access League events. Couldn't finish the weekly.
Decided to do some WRC2 Career races instead. Remembered how much more fun the WRC2 cars are with instinctive fun handling, compared to WRC1 where I still struggle with handling after 6 months...

So between the 4 week reset and having to start again, when I'm not booted off the Team by the game, when there is something other than WRC1 at night to do, I've not played as much as I expected. Sorry.

As far as I am aware, there has never EVER been a WRC2 race in the League events (a few WRC3 races when we're lucky)...? Which is ridiculous.

It's been rocky at best. As I've said elsewhere in the thread, it's a great concept being marred by poor decision making and poor servers. I really hope CM have been taking note to do something similar with their WRC game and expand on DR2s daily/weekly/monthly events.

As for WRC2 (Rally2), they do pop up from time to time, today in fact both solo dailies are Rally2 machinery.

It's been rocky at best. As I've said elsewhere in the thread, it's a great concept being marred by poor decision making and poor servers. I really hope CM have been taking note to do something similar with their WRC game and expand on DR2s daily/weekly/monthly events.

As for WRC2 (Rally2), they do pop up from time to time, today in fact both solo dailies are Rally2 machinery.
Woohoo! Typical that there are 2 WRC2 events today when I hadn't checked... 😂

Re:WRC1 class, I've also struggled to get a feel for them (where possible I've stuck with Ford when given the choice). Originally I was alternating between 2-3 for boost depending on weather, but getting that big kick out of hairpins + other sequences when I was already struggling to maintain traction got too infuriating. Factoring in aero (if it even exists in-game) and tyre wear on top of that has left me wondering on multiple occasions just how much I can get away with before sliding ignominiously off a cliff.... and deciding caution is the better part of valour (after I've rolled off said cliff).

Re: Leagues, I've been enjoying the competition doing the dailies/weeklies, if only due to it feeling more relatable compared to DR2's events which would be skewed by DNF's and Aliens. :P

Personally I'd like to see a bit more reward from the weekly so they're at least on par with the cumulative total from the dailies (2800 points for 2nd in all dailies vs 4050 for 2nd in the weekly).

Speaking of which;

20230206155607_1.jpg

:D

After I somehow squeezed into Champ 1 (9th), I thought I'd hit my peak last week with only 5 being promoted + relegated for todays reshuffle. Got a handful of WRC3 events that I scored pretty well with, paired with a smooth final attempt doing Acropolis for the weekly and I'm suddenly in this rather daunting bracket. Even if for one week only, I'll be facing off against one of the GOAT's of the rally world...

WRC Shrek.png

Woohoo! Typical that there are 2 WRC2 events today when I hadn't checked... 😂
Nearly made the top quartile in these. I'm usually nearer to bottom quartile in WRC1!
I can see that GTPlanet WRC Team has been disbanded now...

Just creating a new one, please join! :gtpflag:
Have joined, thanks for sending the invite. Won't have time tomorrow and the game will probably boot me off the Team again anyway 🙄 but I've done today's 2 events. I'll stick around at least long enough until i get the final Accolade for doing 100 Team events;)

EDIT I see I am 79th and not 79rd which it always said before... they must have fixed that with the last update?

Last edited:
Commenting. So far, I've had virtually no issues with daily or weekly events. It's been a little over 2 weeks since I joined a team and I'm doing the events. Regarding the gameplay of "WRC Generations", I adapted much better than "Dirt Rally 2", which was always my favorite. I manage to do much better the closed curves or in "clamp", the "physics" of the cars I also adapted better, this had already happened in "WRC 10". Wait for what will be next, already with the "Codemasters" license.

Got the Platinum trophy just now. I did a lot of Tartu grinding to get to level 150. I was at level 125 approx. when I "finished" the rest of the game. The WRC7 grind was worse. This time anyone who practices and plays leagues and clubs regularly will get there pretty quickly. I wanted to get it out of the way before PSVR2 comes because I don't see myself playing anything but GT7 for the foreseeable future.

I managed to get 3rd on the leaderboard using the infinite boost glitch and two cheats (one cut at the end and one swing wide off the road in the infield to carry more speed). That's worth about 3" on this sub-60-second stage. Kind of makes you wonder what other "tricks" are out there on the rest of the stages.

DSC_3910.JPG

DSC_3912.JPG

I have created an event via my club for people to join. Search my ID Seagull_Racer and request to join. Starts in 24 hours and will run for 1 week. We'll be using the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000 on Wales.

I have created an event via my club for people to join. Search my ID Seagull_Racer and request to join. Starts in 24 hours and will run for 1 week. We'll be using the Subaru Impreza WRC 2000 on Wales.
On Steam at least (unless my eyes deceive me) there is no way to search for a club created by someone specifically; just generic listing ordered under A-Z, total member count or only displaying those created by friends specifically. I'm afraid to say I didn't particularly want to trudge through 480 pages at the stroke of midnight... :P

Would it be possible to see some screenshots of the Peugeot 205 T16 Evo 1 and Evo 2 in gravel and tarmac configuration. Been watching some videos lately and I am pretty much blown away by the stage quality 😁

Are leaderboards by class or is it one big melting pot? Oh and another question: can you run custom championships? I have no interest in the WRC hybrid machines or can you run the career with classics too? Any help would be appreciated 🙏

Last edited:
I've been pretty supportive of this series over the years, but fell behind between hesitation between moving to PC and a backlog, but am trying Generations now on the Xbox free play weekend and trying to get my wheel working with it and... yikes.

In the last 45 minutes of trying to figure it out, I've gotten my paddles to shift my car precisely 4 times. Once after re-loading into a stage I got 2 upshifts and then got stuck, once after restarting the game, and once after switching to controller in the menu then switching back to wheel. I've double checked mapping, deleted the H-pattern options since I don't have it plugged in, and the "Test action" thing shows input from the buttons.

My mapping also keeps screwing up. I mapped headlights to left on the D-pad, but I have to press right to get them to work? Wipers I mapped to right on the D-pad and have to press up to get them to work? My view button was mapped to the "Select" equivalent (the two little windows, I forget what Xbox calls it) but I have to push B to change views, which is supposed to be my handbrake. My "menu" button (I think it's called, basically the start button for pause menu) doesn't work anywhere but the main menu splash screen.

I'm just using a Thrustmaster TX on an XB1 and it does detect it as a "Thrustmaster racing wheel" and I don't have the H-pattern plugged in at the moment.

As I'm typing this I quit the stage and reloaded it again, and it worked! Kinda, for like 90 seconds. The buttons worked but I had no FFB, so I went to the options to look at what the settings were and when I unpause, back to no shifting and no buttons working.

I haven't had anywhere close to this much trouble with any other game I've tried it on (AC, PC2, ACC, FH, etc), and I've tried all the little tricks I've picked up from quirks in other titles and nothing works.

Last edited:
I've been pretty supportive of this series over the years, but fell behind between hesitation between moving to PC and a backlog, but am trying Generations now on the Xbox free play weekend and trying to get my wheel working with it and... yikes.

In the last 45 minutes of trying to figure it out, I've gotten my paddles to shift my car precisely 4 times. Once after re-loading into a stage I got 2 upshifts and then got stuck, once after restarting the game, and once after switching to controller in the menu then switching back to wheel. I've double checked mapping, deleted the H-pattern options since I don't have it plugged in, and the "Test action" thing shows input from the buttons.

My mapping also keeps screwing up. I mapped headlights to left on the D-pad, but I have to press right to get them to work? Wipers I mapped to right on the D-pad and have to press up to get them to work? My view button was mapped to the "Select" equivalent (the two little windows, I forget what Xbox calls it) but I have to push B to change views, which is supposed to be my handbrake. My "menu" button (I think it's called, basically the start button for pause menu) doesn't work anywhere but the main menu splash screen.

I'm just using a Thrustmaster TX on an XB1 and it does detect it as a "Thrustmaster racing wheel" and I don't have the H-pattern plugged in at the moment.

As I'm typing this I quit the stage and reloaded it again, and it worked! Kinda, for like 90 seconds. The buttons worked but I had no FFB, so I went to the options to look at what the settings were and when I unpause, back to no shifting and no buttons working.

I haven't had anywhere close to this much trouble with any other game I've tried it on (AC, PC2, ACC, FH, etc), and I've tried all the little tricks I've picked up from quirks in other titles and nothing works.
Is your normal Xbox controller turned on? In previous games not having your PS or Xbox controller turned on (even if you don't plan on using it) would cause problems with wheels. I'm not sure if that's still a thing, I haven't tried playing Generations without my DualShock turned on.

Is your normal Xbox controller turned on? In previous games not having your PS or Xbox controller turned on (even if you don't plan on using it) would cause problems with wheels. I'm not sure if that's still a thing, I haven't tried playing Generations without my DualShock turned on.
I've tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. Unfortunately, since the menu button keeps deleting itself from my wheel, I can't pause to get back to the settings without plugging the controller back in.

I've tried it both ways and it doesn't seem to matter. Unfortunately, since the menu button keeps deleting itself from my wheel, I can't pause to get back to the settings without plugging the controller back in.
Sorry, man. I don't know how to help. I have never had wheel issues with KT games although I have read plenty of horror stories from people who couldn't get their gear working.

I guess all I can think of is: see if you can create and delete wheels settings. Try creating a new one, configuring it, and exiting and rebooting the game before going out on stage.

Anyone else experienced sudden loss of all audio on PS5?

Figured it might have something to do with the update.

Rebooting the PS5 is the only way I can fix it, but it isn't long before it happens again.

No other game causes this.

Anyone else experienced sudden loss of all audio on PS5?

Figured it might have something to do with the update.

Rebooting the PS5 is the only way I can fix it, but it isn't long before it happens again.

No other game causes this.
There hasn't been a game update on this for a while, unless you mean the PS system update. I haven't had any audio issues aside from the ones there from day 1 (no gravel sound etc).

Speaking of which, I think KT must have abandoned this now, there hasn't been any post on the official Twitter account since the 6th Feb, no update since the 3rd Feb (and that was just to fix online which had completely broken out of nowhere) and the last actual patch was 17th January. The throttle is still not functioning correctly, the handbrake doesn't work correctly, audio doesn't work correctly, the infinite boost glitch still exists in online dailies, and there doesn't appear to be anything on the Horizon suggesting any of that will get fixed.

I know we shouldn't have expected much given KTs history, but this was meant to be their last hurrah and it really has ended on a sour not with so many issues unsolved and zero signs of life from the Devs.

Good luck to all those hoping TDUSC will be any different. If it's broken at launch (and it will be), don't expect fixes..

I'll keep playing leagues with my family but as soon as WRC '23 comes out I'll be abandoning WRCG as quick as KT did.

There hasn't been a game update on this for a while, unless you mean the PS system update. I haven't had any audio issues aside from the ones there from day 1 (no gravel sound etc).

Speaking of which, I think KT must have abandoned this now, there hasn't been any post on the official Twitter account since the 6th Feb, no update since the 3rd Feb (and that was just to fix online which had completely broken out of nowhere) and the last actual patch was 17th January. The throttle is still not functioning correctly, the handbrake doesn't work correctly, audio doesn't work correctly, the infinite boost glitch still exists in online dailies, and there doesn't appear to be anything on the Horizon suggesting any of that will get fixed.

I know we shouldn't have expected much given KTs history, but this was meant to be their last hurrah and it really has ended on a sour not with so many issues unsolved and zero signs of life from the Devs.

Good luck to all those hoping TDUSC will be any different. If it's broken at launch (and it will be), don't expect fixes..

I'll keep playing leagues with my family but as soon as WRC '23 comes out I'll be abandoning WRCG as quick as KT did.
Sadly everything you said is true, seems like they are never going to fix it. Shame because it wouldn't take much, seems like there's no passion to do so. Best graphics and handling but not much good with the other problems. In my mind 9 was the best overall.

Last edited:
Sadly everything you said is true, seems like they are never going to fix it. Shame because it wouldn't take much, seems like there's no passion to do so. Best graphics and handling bit not much good with the other problems. In my mind 9 was the best overall.
Not sure about handling to be honest, with the underlying issues I have to rank it below DR2 and SLRE on that front. It just seems like because they no longer have the license, they've just abandoned it, even though with the fixes it needs, it would retain a very strong user base that would potentially cause problems for EA/CMs first WRC title. But because of the issues and the abandonment, a majority of players will do as I am and jump ship immediately.

9 was good, but for me 10 is the strongest, just because of the classic stages and the anniversary mode being so good. I think I'd actually put 10 ahead of Generations if i t was for the tarmac handling in Generations being so much better.

Not sure about handling to be honest, with the underlying issues I have to rank it below DR2 and SLRE on that front. It just seems like because they no longer have the license, they've just abandoned it, even though with the fixes it needs, it would retain a very strong user base that would potentially cause problems for EA/CMs first WRC title. But because of the issues and the abandonment, a majority of players will do as I am and jump ship immediately.

9 was good, but for me 10 is the strongest, just because of the classic stages and the anniversary mode being so good. I think I'd actually put 10 ahead of Generations if i t was for the tarmac handling in Generations being so much better.
Agreed about the handling, I meant best handling WRC game in the series. DR2/SLRE are king. Yeah they've really dropped the ball, should have gone out with a bang instead it's a whimper. I do like 10 for the reasons you have mentioned but I can't get over the crappy engine sounds which went backwards compared to previous titles imo. I like the the fact that in 9 we had new stages in Finland and Portugal but also retained the old ones, unlike in 10 where it was just new.

Last edited:
I finished my WRC5 career last month so I am still running careers in WRC6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & Generations. Up to WRC7 they are terrible, all grey and foggy, WRC8 is the first decent one, 9 + 10 are the best. I have an issue with Generations frame rate. I'm on an XSX so I don't know why but it's like running at half the frame rate of WRC10. I never liked the handling of any of them on a controller but at least on a wheel I can get round the corners, even if I can't get close to MrCrynox's times :banghead:

What a difference finally getting a PS5 makes. I knew the frame rate would be better than the PS4 versions, but wow. It’s like a new game; though I literally had to start a new game as my PS4 progress did not carry over to PS5.

Oh well.

At least I’ll be able to overlook all the other WRCG flaws until my 60FPS excitement has worn off.

There hasn't been a game update on this for a while, unless you mean the PS system update.
Thanks bud.

I hadn't fired up the PS5 for a while and when I did 2 games & the OS updated. I thought the 2 games were GT7 and WRCG but if you're right it must've been ACC.

Strange 'though 'cause only WRCG caused this system-wide muting. Happened "randomly" whilst driving, with, as I said, a reboot's being the only fix.

Searched around on the interwebs/reddit and still found no fix for the wheel problem, trying again tonight for 15 mins and still same problem. The only "discovery" I have made is that if I hold down a button I have mapped to something that isn't doing something, then push the Xbox Guide button to bring up the guide menu, then press B to get out of the guide menu, when it switches back to the game then that button's input will go through properly... once, then back to the same problem. Not exactly a viable way to shift gears, but at least I can get back to the pause menu without plugging in a controller every time.

I finished my WRC5 career last month so I am still running careers in WRC6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & Generations. Up to WRC7 they are terrible, all grey and foggy, WRC8 is the first decent one, 9 + 10 are the best. I have an issue with Generations frame rate. I'm on an XSX so I don't know why but it's like running at half the frame rate of WRC10. I never liked the handling of any of them on a controller but at least on a wheel I can get round the corners, even if I can't get close to MrCrynox's times :banghead:

Also get frame rate issues on XSX, but only when using my wheel, Logitech Pro. Gamepad is fine, WRC9 fine with the wheel...

Back