WTC 600 World Touring Car 600

• Thread starter goon_g77
  • 149 comments
I also would like to talk not just about the WTC 600 Championship but the 3 races at the world circuits:

Tokyo Expressway - World TouringCar 600
Spa - World TouringCar 600
Nurburgring GP - World TouringCar 600

^These are also incredibly difficult to win. Especially Spa where the first time around I finished 7 seconds behind the leader.

One thing's for sure. A RWD car is really out of question for these. I'll try it with the Huracan like breeminator suggested. I used a tuned Carrera GT and I just couldn't do it in Spa. PS: Hard setting.

These 600pp races are just way overboard on the hard setting (in normal and easy they are a walk in the park). Not even close to any other races in this game aside from Daytona 730pp.
It really has to be because of the car you use. The difference in difficulty is just too large.

Last edited:
No try Suzuka... On Hard Setting. Anyone and their mothers can win all 3 races in the Normal or Easy settings with any car with the required PP.
In hard, the ia in the last lap of suzuka is fastest than me! But I managed to win the race with a 320hp/1300kg impreza

Mazda Atenza Gr3 Road Car.

latest

Finally finished 3rd overall on my third attempt ... all with the Scirocco. It's got great acceleration, which seems to be the key, plus very secure handling. The Ford and my BMW M3, which I had to restrain to 90% power and use ballast to get to 600 PP, were just too too slow on acceleration. Phew. Toughest menu yet, a challenge but especially the second race feels v hard to overtake.
I did it in the Ford GT40, well tuned and right tyres

Mazda atenza fully tuned.
2nd place in race 2 but very capable car.
Diesel power ftw.
Proof here:

Last edited:
I used the Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 and Praiano's tune with Sports Hard and lower restrictor, makes the car soo easy to control and fun to drive.

I have found the Praiano's tunes very useful! I wasn't tinkering much with highly specific settings but it's got me looking at that. My own parts additions to the Scirocco were enough on the WTC 600, but for the WTC 700, I found the Praiano tuning on the Audi TTS '14 made it extremely stable with solid acceleration and a high top speed. Invaluable!

Last edited:
Hello everyone... I have been beating my head against the wall trying to clear this WTC. I am in an Alpine 110, and after numerous tries I finally made it to race 3 standing 3rd on GC. But I cannot manage better than 4th in this race! My GC is hanging by a 1 point lead. Any suggestions? Or do I have to go back and do the whole championship again in another car... arg!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
They're literally cheating. I'm probably not using a meta car for this right now with the E46 M3 but they go into maximum overdrive somewhere around where you usually pass the GTR, and at that point it's over. I needed Inters to win the first event in the rain solely because of the grip and speed boost they get once you enter the top 8, and now I'm stuck on Suzuka, where I finished almost 10 seconds off despite putting in that work.

I can't seem to find a tune of any kind for this car, either, which isn't helping. Send help.

They're literally cheating. I'm probably not using a meta car for this right now with the E46 M3 but they go into maximum overdrive somewhere around where you usually pass the GTR, and at that point it's over. I needed Inters to win the first event in the rain solely because of the grip and speed boost they get once you enter the top 8, and now I'm stuck on Suzuka, where I finished almost 10 seconds off despite putting in that work.

I can't seem to find a tune of any kind for this car, either, which isn't helping. Send help.
Have you tried the VW Sirocco tuned up? Great acceleration, great traction. I was struggling big-time esp thanks to skidding and poor acceleration, until I gave that a go.

Last edited:
Racing in hard, tried some alternatives_
  • Subaru BRZ Sport moderately upgraded, a car used in some races back. Nice handling but no way the raw acceleration needed.
  • BMW M3 (E30) must be driven to much on the wire.
  • Porsche 996 GT3 has rock solid handling but lacks acceleration when nerfed to 550PP.
  • Nissan Skyline R32, upgraded, specially low rpm turbocharger, adjusted with restrictor to necessary HP to match PP limit with minimal torque loss. A walk in the park in Red Bull Ring, but no way capable of match the rubberbanding in Suzuka. Didn't win in Dragon Trail because I spun, still came second on championship.
  • Nerfed racing cars simply don't have the acceleration and top speed needed.

For my experiences, I believe the R32 is the best solution, just need a better setup for dry for Dragon Trail, Suzuka is too much of a gap and rubberband to my driving.

Hello everyone... I have been beating my head against the wall trying to clear this WTC. I am in an Alpine 110, and after numerous tries I finally made it to race 3 standing 3rd on GC. But I cannot manage better than 4th in this race! My GC is hanging by a 1 point lead. Any suggestions? Or do I have to go back and do the whole championship again in another car... arg!

Thanks in advance.
Radical SR3.

I'll try it with the Huracan like breeminator suggested.
FWIW, I've tried a few other cars now, and the Huracan is still the best of what I've tested. I'm very limited by the slow flow of credits due to how expensive all the upgrades are.

It's the rubberband, man. There must be a bogey car for this event that I am missing. I think my M3 was poorly suited to this event anyway given it had stock power but a heavy diet and some aero. I'm about to try the R32 later with one of Priano's tunes. After I might try the VW that @nigelmansel mentioned although I have doubts. Last resort will be the SR3.

This event is giving me Mission 34 vibes. I cherish difficult events in GT games, but this one is a bit ridiculous.

No one else is digging the Gr3 road cars? Their top end isn't great & you won't have the down force, but it's basically a Gr3 car that's 'road worthy.'

There are a handful in the game: Mustang, Vette, Alfa, Mazda, maybe more.

ETA - Peugeot has one as well. Pick your flavor and go at it.

Last edited:
No one else is digging the Gr3 road cars? Their top end isn't great & you won't have the down force, but it's basically a Gr3 car that's 'road worthy.'

There are a handful in the game: Mustang, Vette, Alfa, Mazda, maybe more.

ETA - Peugeot has one as well. Pick your flavor and go at it.
Too damn heavy. Especially for anything with tire wear/fuel usage.

I’m stuck on the Tokyo Expressway race, highest I can get is 2nd on hard difficulty. The Huracan ai is stupid fast on the straights but i’m determined to make my NSX good for these races, it just feels a little tricky because of the hybrid power. I don’t want to cheese it with a race car or something.

Last edited:
I’m stuck on the Tokyo Expressway race, highest I can get is 2nd on hard difficulty. The Huracan ai is stupid fast on the straights but i’m determined to make my NSX good for these races, it just feels a little tricky because of the hybrid power. I don’t want to cheese it with a race car or something.
Radical SR3 is a road car. Worked for me.

Racing in hard, tried some alternatives_
  • Subaru BRZ Sport moderately upgraded, a car used in some races back. Nice handling but no way the raw acceleration needed.
  • BMW M3 (E30) must be driven to much on the wire.
  • Porsche 996 GT3 has rock solid handling but lacks acceleration when nerfed to 550PP.
  • Nissan Skyline R32, upgraded, specially low rpm turbocharger, adjusted with restrictor to necessary HP to match PP limit with minimal torque loss. A walk in the park in Red Bull Ring, but no way capable of match the rubberbanding in Suzuka. Didn't win in Dragon Trail because I spun, still came second on championship.
  • Nerfed racing cars simply don't have the acceleration and top speed needed.

For my experiences, I believe the R32 is the best solution, just need a better setup for dry for Dragon Trail, Suzuka is too much of a gap and rubberband to my driving.
I did it with the R32 Tuned as well. I had to try many times balancing the HP, weight and downforce, and also worked on the different tyres and tried to play with the suspension.
All I remember was that I was on hard tyres.

And I only won by dive bombing on the chicane in the final lap. That white Mazda was simply way too fast, I didn't push him off-track but I clearly made big contact on it's side while it was turning right on the chicane.

This was the only race in the game where I wasted more than 2 minutes tuning a car.

Last resort will be the SR3.
I've time trialled the Radical for Suzuka, and couldn't get it close to the Huracan's time.

No one else is digging the Gr3 road cars?
I tried the Citroen Gr3 road car for Suzuka, because I already had it, and it wasn't the worst car I've tried, but it was slower than the Huracan. I'd like to try the Corvette Gr3 road car, and will at some point, but need credits to buy and tune one, and I'm not sure it's the most likely car to be good out of the ones I haven't tried yet, so I tend to go for what seems like the best option each time I have credits to try another car. I tried the S-FR Racing Concept, for example, because that was a good N car in GTS, but it was very lacking in grip, even with SS tyres. I'd like to try the X-Bow as well.

Has anyone actually won the Suzuka race? I'm this close to straightlining the final chicane like I'm 8 years old again. :lol:

Has anyone actually won the Suzuka race? I'm this close to straightlining the final chicane like I'm 8 years old again. :lol:
I haven't but I could have won it in the race I posted a screenshot of, I was right behind the lead car going into the final chicane. The slipstream caused me to misjudge the braking, so I went too deep, but it was definitely possible to win it from where I was.

Yeah. A few different cars you can use. 4C is a good one. 458 Italia Gr 4 too.

Yeah. A few different cars you can use. 4C is a good one. 458 Italia Gr 4 too.
I just got to it with Priano’s R32 and it was the closest I’ve been. I was doing 2:17-18s for 4 laps and made an error pushing too hard on the 5th lap (wasn’t gonna make it anyway)

Second time around I had got close enough to the front pack on lap 4 to see the lead, but once that Mazda took the lead I had no chance of catching up. 2nd place, 3 seconds behind. The rubber banding is cartoonish.

I just got to it with Priano’s R32 and it was the closest I’ve been. I was doing 2:17-18s for 4 laps and made an error pushing too hard on the 5th lap (wasn’t gonna make it anyway)

Second time around I had got close enough to the front pack on lap 4 to see the lead, but once that Mazda took the lead I had no chance of catching up. 2nd place, 3 seconds behind. The rubber banding is cartoonish.

I just raced it and won with a Redbull Jr. 👍

I don't think it's rubber banding but like you said the lead cars are slow at first and then they are passed by the faster cars from the middle of the pack like the Mazda.

Last edited:
I finally did it. Not proud of how much I got my elbows out but I won Suzuka. Pretty much your only chance is to hope the RX7 doesn't take the lead soon enough. Red Bull Ring is easy if you go for Inters, and Dragon Tail was also pretty straightforward.

After a few hours of trying I've finally beaten the Tokyo Expressway 600, it was an absolute nightmare for me. I'm playing on the hardest AI difficulty and it felt like the Huracan you go up against gains an extra 100hp each lap. After trying the R32, Radical SR3 & Mustang GR.4 I managed to beat it with the Charger Hellcat of all things. Race suspension and Sports Hard tyres as well as a rear wing and diffuser set to max rear downforce. I guess I got lucky because the Huracan started towards the back of the grid (10th or 12th I think), but I managed to get passed it in traffic on lap 2 and I got to 1st on lap 4 with it not far behind. Lap 5 required some serious defending to get the job done. It handled surprisingly well, gaping the Huracan in the corners, but I did have to have Traction Control on 1. I gave the Ford GT a brief go and it would have been my next choice. Only reason I didn't use it is because it only has about 3PP to play with

Back