WTC 600 World Touring Car 600

• Thread starter goon_g77
  • 149 comments
Completed that tokyo race first go with Supra Gr.4 power limited. Racing hards. Hardest dif
Slightly slower or equal on straights and much faster through corners.

Fastest lap was 2:11.5

2nd was Impreza
3rd DB 11
4th WRX STI
5th Huracan

My suggestion, stop trying to make boats faster and use car thats already good to handle.
600pp race, use Gr.4
700pp race, use Gr.3

Last edited:
I have finnaly managed to win Tokyo 600 pp race with Focus RS (around 480 hp), stock gearbox, no weight reduction, and beside power, brakes and suspension only needed central diff to get beter balance of traction with 50:50 split.
Great car with enough power to be fast on straights, and nimble with enough traction.
Now when it's done, I am not going back to that race.

Completed that tokyo race first go with Supra Gr.4 power limited. Racing hards. Hardest dif

2nd was Impreza
3rd DB 11
4th WRX STI
5th Huracan

My suggestion, stop trying to make boats faster and use car thats already good to handle.
600pp use Gr.4
700pp use Gr.3
I can confirm the Gr.4 Supra is a good choice. Just gave it a go and took the lead on the last corner of the last lap. My fastest lap was only 2:13.1 though. My thinking is now that you don't necessarily have to run a race car, just something with a decent amount of downforce and low enough PP to run Racing Hards. I'll probably test this theory later

Last edited:
VW Scirocco - tuned as much as I could to reach close to 600pp and had intermediate tyres which helped me nail all three races P1 overall. This was a great suggestion.

Last edited:
So I've just done some testing on my Racing Hard + downforce theory for Tokyo Expressway and the results are as follows:

Mitsubishi GTO:
Fastest Lap - 2:11.754
Race Result - 1st (1.4sec gap)

FK8 Civic Type R:
Fastest Lap - 2:12.162
Race Result - 2nd (1.0sec gap)

180SX Type X:
Fastest Lap - 2:13.136
Race Result - 2nd (2.6sec gap)

I attempted both twice and all cars had the aforementioned RH tyres + aero, as well as race suspension and a widebody installed, plus some power and brake mods to reach 600pp if required. As expected it works with AWD cars and I feel like it's possible with FWD, but RWD in the form of FR just isn't it. I wouldn't be surprised if the MR or RR layouts stand a better chance, but I'm not particularly confident with those layouts, so I didn't bother trying them. Gr.4 cars are an acception though with @Shakengandulf proving the Supra Gr.4 is good choice.

Last edited:
If that's the same championship that I remember, the R32 GT-R that you get a few menus before makes a mockery of that race. In general, I found that using various versions of the GT-Rs for different races is basically kinda like a cheat code. The power on straightaways is almost not fair.
Thank you, R32 did, won the first, 3rd and 3rd again but 1st overall :)

Tried the Radical, lapping much quicker than the Ford gt or the R32 but the ai just simply went even faster, Radical last lap leading the wet race did my faster lap think it was a 1.46 something on lap 5 finished 4th.... 3 cars overtook me on that lap and I still had the fastest lap?!? some bs right there!

If that's the same championship that I remember, the R32 GT-R that you get a few menus before makes a mockery of that race. In general, I found that using various versions of the GT-Rs for different races is basically kinda like a cheat code. The power on straightaways is almost not fair.

Thank you, R32 did, won the first, 3rd and 3rd again but 1st overall :)

Tried the Radical, lapping much quicker than the Ford gt or the R32 but the ai just simply went even faster, Radical last lap leading the wet race did my fastest lap think it was a 1.46 something on lap 5 finished 4th.... 3 cars overtook me on that lap and I still had the fastest lap?!? some bs right there!

I bought and used the evo gt race car for this series.

I bought from Brand Central for WTC 600 championships Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car. Stock version, equipped with sport soft tires only, did pretty well in those events.

Last edited:
Im trying this (tokyo expr 600wtc) for the first time and getting destroyed on the straights with a supra race car 19 racing hards, I guess im set up wrong probably worse tires / higher horse power? Thing is I dont race on anything other than racing tyres so probably gonna leave this well alone despite the nice pay off. Its good they have some challenging parts to the game available for those who like tuning, what I would like is tuning to the max with good tyres, nerfing and dealing with penalties has soured this one a little.

Last edited:
I have finally won the Suzuka race in the WTC 600 championship, against Hard AI. The AM VGT is basically insane, so much faster than any other car I've tried for it. It also crushes the AI in the first and third races. High speed cornering, low speed cornering, acceleration, top speed, stability, it has everything.

AM VGT 600 PP Suzuka 1.jpg

AM VGT 600 PP Suzuka 2.jpg

I also would like to talk not just about the WTC 600 Championship but the 3 races at the world circuits:

Tokyo Expressway - World TouringCar 600
Spa - World TouringCar 600
Nurburgring GP - World TouringCar 600

^These are also incredibly difficult to win. Especially Spa where the first time around I finished 7 seconds behind the leader.

One thing's for sure. A RWD car is really out of question for these. I'll try it with the Huracan like breeminator suggested. I used a tuned Carrera GT and I just couldn't do it in Spa. PS: Hard setting.

These 600pp races are just way overboard on the hard setting (in normal and easy they are a walk in the park). Not even close to any other races in this game aside from Daytona 730pp.
It really has to be because of the car you use. The difference in difficulty is just too large.
I know this is an older post but when do these 3 races open up?Do they become available after finishing the menus?Ive completed the WTC600 championship and now doing the AMG races.

I know this is an older post but when do these 3 races open up?Do they become available after finishing the menus?Ive completed the WTC600 championship and now doing the AMG races.
You get them when you unlock the tracks, so keep doing the cafe until you unlock them.

I may have missed if this was posted already, but the Tomahawk X can be nerfed down to 600PP and lets you eviscerate the field in Tokyo lol

Wow, this Tokyo race is straight awful, makes me sick and want to stop playing GT :yuck: What's the best car to use for this combo? I've tried a few Gr.4 cars (GT-R, Atenza) with no luck...maybe a tuning/setup needed? I've wasted literally 2 hours just trying to find a car that isn't a boat and doesn't get eaten alive down the straights.

Jerome

Last edited:
The last time i did it in a used Civic, tuned to 595 PP on Racing Mediums. The straights can be a bit of a problem but you can beat them on the corners. It was a very close-call till the last lap , but fun to see that little rustbucket beat the Gr.4s.

I tried the GTR safety car and the Radical but wasn't having much luck nailing a tune that worked for me.
Grabbed my EVO6 and tuned it up a bit and I was set. Used wets on the first race and then switched to racing soft and downturned the car for Suzuka and DT.

Wow, this Tokyo race is straight awful, makes me sick and want to stop playing GT :yuck: What's the best car to use for this combo? I've tried a few Gr.4 cars (GT-R, Atenza) with no luck...maybe a tuning/setup needed? I've wasted literally 2 hours just trying to find a car that isn't a boat and doesn't get eaten alive down the straights.

Jerome
Bought A Lambo Countach? If so, go to my garage and check my 600-setup for it. Grip & speed..

The issue with these 3 races is R. Haywood's Hurracan. That car is WAY overpowered for its performance class. The base car is almost 30pp over the limit, so it's probably downtuned, but it's still a faster accelerating car than literally anything I've thrown at it, including Ferraris, Porsches, and Ford GTs.

You're never, ever going to match his acceleration, so he's always going to be pulling away from you or closing in on you, and there's nothing you can really do about that. I've tried countless tunes. However, he's not that great when it comes to taking the turns, so the only way to comfortably win these races is to have a car with phenomenal handling and good acceleration. Again, you're never going to match Haywood, but if you're too slow, no amount of perfect cornering is going to save you.

I've done these races with more than 30 cars so far just to see if I can find anything that really Works, and drive a wider variety of cars than other races may allow, and some are easier than others. But the furthest ahead I've ever been with a win is about 5 seconds, assuming Haywood is in second. Which he almost always will be unless he starts toward the back of the pack, because his AI can't pass. So you can keep exiting and coming back until he's in an easier placement, but, the difficulty of the other AI is still higher than most other events. You still need to have a car with excellent handling.

After that, it all comes down to skill.

Last edited:
May have been mentioned (haven't read the full thread, big!) but just discovered the kart is eligible for this!
For a laugh I took into first race, Red Bull Ring and after 1 lap had overtaken a Viper and an Audi.....🤣
Gave up then because can't drive the kart, especially in the rain, but I bet in the right hands it might win!

I must have taken 15 swings at the WTC600 Spa race before winning. I tried stock 600pp cars like the SLS, '17 GT-R, then a detuned ZL1, all too slow. I really thought I could do it with the SLS and it's massive speed but the brakes were a bit weak and even after 1.13 you have to be very gentle on the throttle or you'll spin. I finally won with a tuned 2014 STI I had from a Nations Cup race. It didn't have the speed on the straights but AWD and aero let me put the power down and fly through the high speed corners. Lapped low 2:37s and total time was 10:31, this is on hard AI.

2nd was Impreza
3rd DB 11
4th WRX STI
5th Huracan

600pp race, use Gr.4
700pp race, use Gr.3

Old post, but road cars can be every bit as good as race cars in this game when it comes to performance. The biggest advantage of race cars is a bigger fuel tank, which lets them pit less. But all of the highest tier cars can be dropped to the same power-to-weight ratio as Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars.

In fact, I think PD should consider adding an "Endurance Fuel Tank" for every road car in this game.

The issue with these 3 races is R. Haywood's Hurracan. That car is WAY overpowered for its performance class. The base car is almost 30pp over the limit, so it's probably downtuned, but it's still a faster accelerating car than literally anything I've thrown at it, including Ferraris, Porsches, and Ford GTs.

You're never, ever going to match his acceleration, so he's always going to be pulling away from you or closing in on you, and there's nothing you can really do about that. I've tried countless tunes. However, he's not that great when it comes to taking the turns, so the only way to comfortably win these races is to have a car with phenomenal handling and good acceleration. Again, you're never going to match Haywood, but if you're too slow, no amount of perfect cornering is going to save you.

I've done these races with more than 30 cars so far just to see if I can find anything that really Works, and drive a wider variety of cars than other races may allow, and some are easier than others. But the furthest ahead I've ever been with a win is about 5 seconds, assuming Haywood is in second. Which he almost always will be unless he starts toward the back of the pack, because his AI can't pass. So you can keep exiting and coming back until he's in an easier placement, but, the difficulty of the other AI is still higher than most other events. You still need to have a car with excellent handling.

After that, it all comes down to skill.
Haywood is slow and usually a backmarker. It's Kokubun who, somehow, can run Sport Softs in his RE Amemiya, while still being within 600PP and very performant on top of that.

Kokubun is completely insignificant in my game, his Amemiya is a joke. Maybe the AI driver who's allowed to have more than 600pp is random from game to game? The only other one who poses a challenge is Blazsan, but he's nowhere near as annoying as Haywood is. I've driven a downtuned Hurracan at 600pp in this series. It is NOT that fast, no matter what you do to it.

I did it with Corvette ZR-1 '89 that I won from previous Corvette challenge. I use racing heavy wet tyres, High End Torque Supercharger and Weight Reduction 1-2 for all 3 races. Also a power limiter to downtune just a little bit to meet below 600pp.
In wet race at RBR, finished 1st place. Then I managed 2nd place at Suzuka and Dragon Trail. Final position, 1st place. 2 points different with V Gallo at 2nd place.

The car is surprisingly fast and easy to handle on tight corners also long fast corners at Suzuka. The opponents AI are ridiculous. I couldnt catch the race leaders at Suzuka and Dragon Trail. With just 1-2sec gap at finish line.

I’m not sure if it will be any good yet, but I am about to use the Lancer Evo X Gr.B road car. I’ve lowered it and added a high rpm turbo, and put intermediates on it for the wet surface at Tokyo Expressway. Not sure if I’ll need Wet tires though. Will report back with my findings!

I’m not sure if it will be any good yet, but I am about to use the Lancer Evo X Gr.B road car. I’ve lowered it and added a high rpm turbo, and put intermediates on it for the wet surface at Tokyo Expressway. Not sure if I’ll need Wet tires though. Will report back with my findings!
Sorry, I have lowered it all the way

Latest Posts

Back