WTC 700 refuelling

Scotland
Scotland
Just done the WTC 700 at Laguna in the Amuse s2000. Had to stop every 3 laps for fuel. What cars go the longest. Am I best running a GR4 or GT3 or even a road car. Thanks in advance.

Use a car where you can change the fuel map. You will have to stop if you want to be competitive but depending on what map you use maybe only once.

Just done the WTC 700 at Laguna in the Amuse s2000. Had to stop every 3 laps for fuel. What cars go the longest. Am I best running a GR4 or GT3 or even a road car. Thanks in advance.
Gr.4 cars if you have any, Racing Hard tyres or softer, short-shift, use the lean fuel maps to your advantage and save the power mixes for the straights. Pit for fuel only at half-distance to reduce time loss and get the jump on AI cars running ahead. Depending on when you stop, always make sure to take a little extra fuel (about 0.5-1 laps' worth) to allow yourself opportunities to blitz past AI on lower fuel maps.

Last edited:
ive been able to do 13 laps at brands hatch on the gr.3 gtr and the audi r8 lms switching between 4-6 fuel mappimg and shifting a bit early usually arpund 1:30 lap times Rh tires

Last edited:
I’m struggling with the Laguna Seca race. Tried the Supra Gr4 no pit stop and still 25 secs behind a Suzuki Gr4. Had fuel map on 4-6 for most of the race, got 2nd but know where near the winner.

I’m struggling with the Laguna Seca race. Tried the Supra Gr4 no pit stop and still 25 secs behind a Suzuki Gr4. Had fuel map on 4-6 for most of the race, got 2nd but know where near the winner.
I'm just going to keep recommending the Radical SR3 and Redbull Jr. Light weight cars use less fuel.

I won it with a no-stop with the Gr.4 Megane Trophy. It's pretty good for both fuel and tyre wear. I don't remember specifically now, but I probably also adjusted the brake balance to avoid an excessive wearing of the rear tyres relative to the fronts, possibly all the way to the front.

I just gave the Laguna Seca WTC 700 another go with the Gr.4 Megane Trophy, and it has similar no-stop pace to ColinNZ's figures above for the Redbull Jr. My first 4 laps were in the 1:32s as it took me that time to get used to the track and car again, then after that I was lapping in the 1:30s, and won by 6 seconds, so if I'd had that pace from the start it would have won by around 12 seconds. I used fuel mix 5, and just needed a little bit of short shifting at times to keep it to 10% per lap. Tyre wear was no problem with RH, it probably wants the balance a little bit to the front, I started off with it fully to the front and moved it back a bit as it was wearing the fronts more than the rears.

I once did the Laguna Seca race with a stock Murcielago LP 640 with Racing: Softs, and I was able to refuel and pit in once, eventually winning the race.

I'm just going to keep recommending the Radical SR3 and Redbull Jr. Light weight cars use less fuel.
Radical is one of my favourite cars in the game. Hope in the future they bring out the one with the V8 made from busa engines. It’s amazing in the WTC 600 series. So good in the rain at red bull ring.
The BAC and xbow are wonderful too. Love the little track specials, we need a Caterham too, hopefully one to come.

Just did a no stop with the swift as well, shoddily tuned up to 699pp. Started off great, but was steering like a boat by the end, even on hard tires. Was running the same pace as the Redbull, but I had a little off while in 2nd place. I ended up passing the leader into the corkscrew on the final lap. Had to run fuel 3 for most the race.

Last edited:
Radical is one of my favourite cars in the game. Hope in the future they bring out the one with the V8 made from busa engines. It’s amazing in the WTC 600 series. So good in the rain at red bull ring.
The BAC and xbow are wonderful too. Love the little track specials, we need a Caterham too, hopefully one to come.
The Radical kicks the ass of the BAC and Xbow. There is also the Honda 2&4 but it costs a million credits so I don't have it yet.

Another vote from me regarding the Radical. Even a basic Tune on RH tyres and a 1 stop is easy for the 700 series races. That’s also playing it safe and not taking too many risks in race.

74F7244E-E425-4C89-8CA3-7804FE9F13E0.png

Ive been using the Supra Race Car, Mid Turbo, RH. Leaving on fuel 6 all race, but revving out the gears. No stops other than for inters so far.

I've gotten as close as .25 sec to the winner at Laguna Seca with the Supra no Stop on RH. can probably win it by chance based on how AI wants to run the race. I went back to see the replay the AI runs 4-5 sec slower at any point it wants but right up to the same pace as the player most of the time. Ended up winning the race trying a GR3 Porsche to under 700pp and can win the race by like 15 sec running fuel at 6 and RH tires.

Another vote from me regarding the Radical. Even a basic Tune on RH tyres and a 1 stop is easy for the 700 series races. That’s also playing it safe and not taking too many risks in race.
View attachment 1132470
Based on the time, I think you weren't against the hard AI there? The Radical might be able to go quicker, I haven't tried it for that race, you'll need to be around 9 seconds a lap quicker to beat the hard AI.

I gave this race a try with the Gr.4 Huracan today, and it was slightly faster than the Gr.4 Megane Trophy, I finished 9 seconds ahead of the hard AI with a fastest lap of 1:29.9.

I tuned the Gr4 Genesis up to 680pp and managed to get the win with a no stop on map 6. It was touch and go for a while there, but I managed to pass the swift on the second to last corner. There was quite a bit of short shifting involved.

Based on the time, I think you weren't against the hard AI there? The Radical might be able to go quicker, I haven't tried it for that race, you'll need to be around 9 seconds a lap quicker to beat the hard AI.

I gave this race a try with the Gr.4 Huracan today, and it was slightly faster than the Gr.4 Megane Trophy, I finished 9 seconds ahead of the hard AI with a fastest lap of 1:29.9.
If you mean the AI level picked at the beginning when you first ever boot GT7 then it’s set to medium (I think). As for the difficulty of the race, it’s whatever the game set it to, can’t remember how many chillies.

Last edited:
FINALLY WON IT!

De-tuned 911 RSR GT3 Car, RH no stops. Just barged past that damn Suzuki at the top of the Corkscrew, actually ran out of petrol but just sneaked over the line for the win.

Radical proved useless despite several attempts, couldn’t get better than 4th, it’s unstable if you hit a sausage curb, too bouncy and even power map 6 ran out of fuel.

What Radical settings did you use @Magog @Sprite ?

@TonyB66 Fully tuned apart from Turbo and Anti-Lag.

I ran a 1 stop, with fuel set at 4 and racing mediums. I finished the first 5 laps with about 0.4 of a laps worth of fuel left, did a full top up and new set RM.

I rejoined in 8th but next lap a few more pitted and I jumped to 5th, from there I just drove fuel set at 1 and at the end of lap 9 I was in 1st. Then I dropped fuel to 2 and finished on fumes.

Back