Your Favorite Car

• Thread starter askia47
  • 342 comments
I'm slightly in love with my Impreza Type R Coupe. Just using it for the normal car race, and barely prevailing against that pesky NSX... great.

Though, my '93 Civic 3Door Si has also done very good things for me. I don't suppose I need to elaborate on that one, it's fairly obvious what's good about it. Though, I recently tried the Del Sol, and it feels somehow better-balanced, if slightly slower. Not to mention, the race-mod is even more gorgeous than it is on the Civic.

Oh, by the way: Hi GT1 Forums! :D

I have to say that I liked the NSX-R GT2 LM the most, when it came to race cars. On road cars the prize would probably go to R33 Skyline!

In my opinion the Cerbera LeMans edition is the best race car (looks and performance)

However the best non-spec (production) car I had in GT1 was the Aston Martin DB7:
In addition to looking good it has an awesome cornering capacity: just tap the brakes and turn, and it swings to one side and immediately stabilizes itself!!!
It has a decent acceleration too, though not as fast as the Viper.
I put the following on my DB7:
Turbo Stage 1
Racing Muffler/Exhaust system
Computer
Engine Balancing
Port
Full Racing Transmission
Triple plate clutch
Racing (lightweight) flywheel
Carbon fiber driveshaft
Weight Reduction up to stage 3
Suspension:full racing
Racing soft tires.
and ended up with a 414 BHP,3200 LB car
Took it to the GT cup (for License A) and won against cars with much higher power to weight ratios (And won my first Lemans Car in the game!!!!)
I also used it to win the Anglo-American Challenge, but then I stopped playing the game for a while. (Yes, it beat the Vipers, Corvettes and Griffiths overloaded with mods)
Hope to continue soon...
But the DB7 is awesome, it is worth 150 grand to spend on!!!

When I was starting up on GT1 I used stock Viper to complete the GT world series.
At the endurance races I used Black FTO LM Edition also stock :lol:

I allways used stock Cerbera LM Edition to blast thru the turbo-megaspeed challenge.

The Black Supra was fun to drive around, weird thought it had 7 gears.
TRD3000 and 400R were nothing "special" to me.

TRD3000 and 400R were nothing "special" to me.

The 400R was a great car that I found to more stable than the Skylines and just as powerfull if not more. The TRD3000 is a fun car to drive, especially maxed out. Talk about driving with ther rear of the car and bouncing when you hit a kerb to hard. But it was a beast in the accerlation, especially the start/finish of SS11.

dangermouse420
did anyone ever get the MR del sol?

I got the MR del sol, didn't think a lot to it really. Not compared to some of the other cars in the game.

My 1st car in GT1 was a V-Tec Prelude,and I won a lot of races with that car therefore making it my favorite car in GT1. 👍

Mitsubishi GTO Twinturbo. GT2 ruined this car but it was unbeatable on GT1. 928hp!!!

GT2 didn't ruin it. GT2 only equalized it with other cars, so that there wasn't just a couple mega-powerful cars capable of beating all others at the test track.

No harm done :). I have a bad habit of nitpicking on small details like this (yeah, I'm such a nerd lol).

My GT1 ultimate car is a used Mitsubishi GTO '92 with all parts installed, with a blue racing modification. Has, I think 921hp plus with the gear transmissions modified. It goes 0-100mph=3.1 seconds,0-200=7.9 seconds,max=241mph=10.9 seconds.

Stock (unRMed):
RX-7 FD
Skyline GT-R R33
Corvette
Demio Aspec
GTO Twinturbo
Supra
Integra

RMed:
[R] Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV
[R] Subaru Impreza WRX
[R] Mazda RX-7 Aspec
[R] Mazda RX-7 Aspec LM
[R] NISMO Skyline LM
[R] Mazda RX-7 LM edition
[R] Honda Civic (any version)

Favorite Cars
Beginning Car: MA70 Toyota Supra (Circa 1988)
Racing Car: TVR Cerebra LM
Unmodded Car: Dodge Copperhead

Back