Your Favorite Car

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 1' started by askia47, Mar 2, 2002.

1. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

But the Caribbean-style multi-colour patchwork is best!

2. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Thats not my absouloute favourite however. My favourite is the Dodge Conceptcar. It's so fast and the handling is pretty good to. A real blast to drive!

3. Skid Mark 33

Skid Mark 33

Neon Pink. My Favorite! :lol:

4. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah. why did they drop this? I think there's a neon green version, too. :) I'm not remembering the "carribean" car Sportwagon mentioned, but i'm sure its a gas.

5. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

I'm talking about the race-mod for the 1993 3 door Si. And a few others, I believe.

I am unable to conjure up a picture by searching for it.

6. A.A.Z.

A.A.Z.

Oh well... When I was playing GT1, I remember I really enjoyed the GTO :) Fully tuned, with 930 bhp and 6-speed transmission... It was a real beast!

7. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Yeah, i know what you're talking about now...i remember that silly racing mod...

8. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

Silly? It's just seriously easy-going, mon!

9. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

10. superberkut

superberkut

Let's hope 'easy-going' refers to its style and not its speed!

11. BlackSheep101

BlackSheep101

I agree with you totally about the Civic! One of the best cars of all time-the ultimate newbie car-it's a dream to handle and so trusty and reliable. However, my ultimate favourite is the Mitsubushi Eclipse! It's overlooked because it's FF and isn't as pretty as others, but the handling is amazing and even if you tune it up so the horsepower is really high it still never spins! Has anyone else tried this one?

12. SportWagon

SportWagon Premium

One tended to use the Eclipse in [size=+1]GT[/size] Simulation Mode because it was so dominant in its class in Arcade Mode.

13. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

I didn't drive an Eclipse till GT2, but i did drive a couple FTO's in the first game. FTO's are also great beginner cars. :tup:

14. Squad Car

Squad Car

Fully-sooooooped Mitsubishi Galant VR4 with black/red paintwork. Not just my favourite GT1 car, but my all-time favourite car IRL.

Imagine by disbelief when I found only the old-style Galants in GT4 - PD are gonna meet my friend PAIN :censored:

15. BlackSheep101

BlackSheep101

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention the Honda S200. It's one of the few FR cars i can actually drive without it bucking like a wild horse :) I bought the TVR Cerbera and Griffith but gave up trying to race them - they're just crazy things-only for experts, i think. Now they just sit there like pretty trophies in my garage. I've got the Viper though, and even though it's tuned up to 575hp, still more controllable than the TVRs.

16. superberkut

superberkut

I think it is in GT2, no?

If so, everybody makes that mistake now and then, don't worry.

If not- *stares into space*

17. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

Cool to have some new people in the lonely GT1 section!

18. Viper-Fan

Viper-Fan

That car is excellent. I'm using it now on my current save on the Japenese version. At the moment, it's got 527PS. I just need to buy Turbo Stage 4, Professional transmission gearing and race modifications. :tup:

My favourite car was (I know this is generic but anyway...) the Dodge Concept Car that you win in the UK vs. US championship. I liked it because of it's lightweight, great power-to-weight ratio and it's acceleration more than anything else. :)

19. johntm GT

johntm GT

audi r8

20. superberkut

superberkut

Why so? They're good cars, solid, reliable, and they can top 160mph with the right tuning and gearing.

The VR4 is not the car which can only gain 30hp by tuning, is it?

21. Viper-Fan

Viper-Fan

It's the VR4 Turbo, one that can be tuned to 806PS in GT1.

22. Parnelli Bone

Parnelli Bone Premium

There are no Audis in GT1. Welcome to GTplanet. You must be thinking of the 4th game. :idea:

23. viperin

viperin

G'day all, greetings from Oz.

My favorite Car ? A difficult choice as I have at least four I have trouble deciding between, for various reasons. My first choice though is the Cerbera LM.:dopey:

I would also like to disagree with the claim the Mitsu GTO is the fastest Car in the game.It may be in a straight line or outright speed but I do not think it is the fastest around any given track.

Discuss.

I will post my second choice tomorrow.

24. D_gamer725

D_gamer725

Viper all the way

25. gordon gt

gordon gt

With me, It has to be the Dodge Concept Car all the way. I used that car for most of my races and it has never let me down, including the Japan Vs USA championship and the USA Vs UK championship.

26. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

Me, I've been a HUGE Impreza WRX Type R fan. After all, it got me through the All Night SS Route 11 just fine!
    :)

27. C^kR1p3n

C^kR1p3n

me its tha MAZDA COSMO i tha whole game in it apart from tha USA vs UK

28. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

So I take it that you're a master of the Cosmo? Kudos! I can't even control that car well! <too much oversteer>

29. dangermouse420

dangermouse420

My favorite in GT1 is the TVR Cerbera LM for fastest lap times, the stock Cerbera is fantastic for drifting, although I always loved the Infini RX-7 for drift, did anyone ever get the MR del sol? I had it but my knock off memory card died and erased the whole thing. TVR and rotarys all the way

30. gtmaster08

gtmaster08

My favorite car in the Japanese sector is the Nissan Skyline R32 GTR V Spec II hands down!

Mostly because of its nice choice of paint jobs. Seriously, "Peal Blue Mica"? That's a COOL color!:)