Your First Car???

• Thread starter Avenger803
  • 448 comments
Originally posted by Dogfish
Mazda MX5, in silver, everything added, she did me proud, got an evo after that.

Started exactly the same way (mazda mx5 --> evo) only my mazda was black ...
I still take it out for a spin from time to time and give it a little exercise (electronics off ofcourse).

greetz
Apclps

First game I started with PT cruiser. Had a blast and after it was souped up it performed real good even in amature races.Started again after finishing amatuer league as I had learnt a lot more about the game.

Second time through started with the Mazda like everyone else.

I don't see the point in starting with the Tureno as you win it after a couple of races anyway. :confused:

Yeah, just like everybody else I started with a first gen Miata, red. I ran it pretty much stock and then I sold it after I won the Trueno, because the Miata was worth more, so I could fix the Trueno up better.

I used the Trueno to win a number of cars, one of which was a green first gen Miata. I sold nearly everything else including the Trueno to fix up the new Miata, which is currently pushing well over 300 hp. That's my main weapon for any race that doesn't require FWD or n/a engine.

MX-5. But I sold it later on to get a Z28. I should've kept it. I regret it. For the price it's a really good car. Slow but good.

M5- *shudders* How in the world could you start your GT career with that horrid Daihatsu? I envy you. :P

As many, my first car was the MX-5. Actually, I didn't even see the Toyota Sprinter when I was starting the game... I was too excited, and bought the Miata on impulse, though it surely wasn't a bad thing. :D It handles very well for its price.

I started off with a Mazda MX-5, then quickly (as soon as I won it) moved on to the Toyota Trueno, then on to the Ford Mustang SVT. I wish I bought the Trueno straight away from the dealer, 'cause its much better than the Mazda, and cheaper so you can add plenty of mods immediately.

I made the mistake of trying the Cruiser. I persevered and got going all the same, although this wasn't the brightest of moves. I've still got it.

Originally posted by Nazgul29
I made the mistake of trying the Cruiser.

Now, I've heard that the PT is a good place to start because of the reasonable stock power output.

I also missed the fact that the Trueno could be bought new. I might well have started there because the 4AG-powered Corolla has quite a lot of potential in real life; and the car is cheap in the game.

i started out life with the toyota yaris (vitz) sport version obviously. then got rid of it and baught the cobra. which i sold to buy the toyota supra which i still have! :D

Trueno-modestly modded until I had about 30,000 bought the EVO 6 which I still have.
I didn't keep the first Trueno. But the one you win worth 125,000 I've still got, fully modded of course.

I bought the a VW New Beetle... Bright lomon yellow .

Won the first two cups with it then moved on to the Toyota Sprinter Turino . Its now up at about nearly 250 odd HP... Moves like a greyhound out a trap but it corners like a shopping cart.

The car I like the best just now outta the ones i have one ( which isn't alot I might add... ) is a souped up Toyota Yaris which I won... one small problem though... its bright PINK !!!

Welcome aboard the GTP train, Andy!

Yeah, everybody winds up with that Pepto-bismol Pink Yaris/Vitz. It actually has fairly balanced handling for a FWD car, though it takes some engine tinkering to get it competitive with the cars in the Yaris/Vitz series. I just started messing with that car.

So we now know what cars everyone started with , but when did your big break in the game come???

My breakthrough was when I fully tuned the RUF 3000s and won the Gillet Vertigo. Only then did I win major races and got big cash!

greetz
Apclps

I haven't had my big break yet. I'm still working with hotrodded economy cars, in the beginner series.

I'm going to try running the Miata Enduro over the weekend; hopefully that will give me a big push if I can win it.

Mine was a Trueno.....I read something in a magazine before the game came out (I think it was Playstation Magazine) and they recommended getting the Trueno, so I did...it was okay, but I probably could have done better

my big break was when i got the corvette z06 and the zonda c12s. they cream the competition, and are really fun to drive.

and i also got the pink vitz (yaris). is that the only color available?

Back