Your most wanted feature for GT7?

What's your most wanted feature for the next GT?

• Full VR compatibility

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Deeper graphical configuration settings - FOV, framerate, maybe even 60<FPS

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • A-Spec, B-spec

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • More cars, man, that's all that matters.

Votes: 34 12.2%
  • More real world tracks

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • More fictional tracks

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 82 29.4%

• Total voters
I'm an old (almost 60 y. o. ) school GT supporter from the very first GT in the series.
Back then, the challenge of attaining all the licenses, and even Golding them was a HUGE part of the fun to me.
Not to everyone's liking I know, but I doubt I'm alone...
If they can implement a single player "career mode" along the early game lines, with license tests, mission hall, one make series and so on, this should make for an amazing GT7 in my opinion. As mentioned, the entire world does NOT have good reliable internet to make it so internet dependent. :(
The fact that "most" game developers these days rely on people downloading updates drives me nuts...:banghead:
Up until 3 weeks ago, I was in the minority of players using snail speed internet, and believe me, downloading a 20gb+ update (GRWildlands) was a massive undertaking. It could possibly take up to 3 or 4 days.....on a GOOD day. :mad: Set the PS4 to download and walk away is all you could do....
Given, the majority of games, if required to have 100% content disc ready at release....well...they would be just too fat to even fit on a disc.
Maybe PS5 will lean towards making use of massively overloaded discs to be produced?? :confused:

I digress....
1) GREAT single player content with massive career mode.
2) Greater options available for tuning (get back to GT3/4 tuning, full variables of suspension etc...and body kits, along with wings. Proper wings that suit a particular vehicle, not just generic garbage)
3) WHEELS!!! More wheel options, AND WIDTH variables. :mad: We can upscale in diameter, why not width?

Those are my 3 key "wants", along with a "sport mode" online option as well.
This is my vision for GT7 (or GT8 :) )

I'm an old (almost 60 y. o. ) school GT supporter from the very first GT in the series.
Back then, the challenge of attaining all the licenses, and even Golding them was a HUGE part of the fun to me.
If they can implement a single player "career mode" along the early game lines, with license tests, mission hall, one make series and so on, this should make for an amazing GT7 in my opinion. As mentioned, the entire world does NOT have good reliable internet to make it so internet dependent. :(
The fact that "most" game developers these days rely on people downloading updates drives me nuts...:banghead:
Up until 3 weeks ago, I was in the minority of players using snail speed internet, and believe me, downloading a 20gb+ update (GRWildlands) was a massive undertaking. It could possibly take up to 3 or 4 days.....on a GOOD day. :mad: Set the PS4 to download and walk away is all you could do....
Given, the majority of games, if required to have 100% content disc ready at release....well...they would be just too fat to even fit on a disc.
Maybe PS5 will lean towards making use of massively overloaded discs to be produced?? :confused:

I digress....
2) Greater options available for tuning (get back to GT3/4 tuning, full variables of suspension etc...and body kits, along with wings. Proper wings that suit a particular vehicle, not just generic garbage)
3) WHEELS!!! More wheel options, AND WIDTH variables. :mad: We can upscale in diameter, why not width?

I am the equivalent of a millennial your junior, and for me, having played most of the GT games, I would like to have the entire collection of all the tracks PD has ever released available on GT7... I could go back and play GT2, GT4, GT5P, GT5 and GT6....

But why not haveit all on glorious 4K...
Thats is my wish for GT7

Game design flaws... So many today. I tend to be more forgiving when it comes to Gran Turismo for mainly nostalgia reasons. However, if GTSport is your first contact with GT, there are many things wrong for a 2019 game. No 360 degree camera view?! Or probably the most boring camera views with no effects like a subtle blur, camera shake or G-sensitive camera during braking for example. GT must live with its time and makes things a little bit more exciting IMO.

(And why not a nostalgia DLC with orange HUD, classic sound effects and special font for car names please?)

I violently disagree with you... You can go play burnout paradise if you want fake stuff like that.... GT is not about those annoying things or artificial sweeteners like NFS, or games that have come and gone.. No thanks.

GT driving views are the best of its genre...

You couldn't be more wrong. It's what has made the Gran Turismo series what it is today. Garbage? It's what the game is. It's what over half the people complaining about GTS want.
A 20 year old formula may be the problem. The AI in GTS though, seem to be getting in the right direction. It can be done when we look at AC, PC2 and more importantly the learning AI of iRacing. It seems as though the staff of PD is underpowered and really trying to make Sport mode work but relying only on online has and will cost them customers. If they don't follow their tradition then fine, that's their decision but people will simply just gravitate towards other titles that offer them what they want. I simply can't see that happening though. I can't see them abandoning a tradition of what made them so popular in the first place.
So while people complain about Sport mode now and not having a proper GT Campaign mode, when they come out with that proper GT Campaign mode, then you can complain about it as much as you want while the other half of us are happy. Not everyone wants to deal with some of the online nonsense or has the time for it.
As much as I agree with you and just like you, I am not much of an online player (mainly due to time constraints), I am quite happy with what PD is doing and steering GT into... If they didn't do it, someone else would do it....

The two philosophies should not the mutually exclusive....
PD should do both... Combine everything they have done to thsi day and combine it in GT7 and GT8.... It would be massive...

Is this for real ?? I don't have Twitter....

Seems like bs.

Also, I don't believe we'll see next gen games before Sony unveils the next console. And I think they won't show the new console before closing the PS4 cycle with The Last of Us II.

Assuming we're getting a mainline GT next gen instead of Sport 2.0, which feature would you like to see the most? I didn't put things like "better FFB" or "better physics" because those are kind of... abstract?

Most wanted feature is for it not to be called GT7 or GT8. Long live GT Sport!

I digress....

My man!!!!! I'm not far behind and have been partaking since the original GT also
I also worked hard to gold every license test, I remember spending hours and hours trying to hit the perfect marks to gold a single test consisting of only 3 turns. I would like to see those tests come back too, when you gold a test on the first try in an unfamiliar car they are simply too easy

I honestly would like to see a return of B-Spec. I'd like it to be more fleshed out. For example, it was either GT5 or GT6 where they talked about potentially having an app where you could remote access your B-Spec races. I think making a companion app for phones where you can run B-Spec races, manage your team, and maybe even do some in-game interactions like buying cars would just give more options and more ways to play.

With the power that Sony is saying the PlayStation 5 will have, I want them to do an overhaul of the weather system. I want them to take weather to the same level DriveClub did. Combine it with the same tech they used to create the sky in GT6 and throw in some ray tracing for car lights, and we'd have the most realistic, most beautiful game, period.

Finally, I'd like to see more events and race types! It's fun to let us experience different real-world motorsports and racing events. GT5 added stuff like karts and NASCAR and GT6 gave us stuff like Goodwood and even the Lunar buggy! Let's do even more! Add IndyCar! Trophy Truck! Formula E! Formula D! Dakar Rally! I think it's really cool to explore all of these different categories of racing that not many other games explore in any depth.

My man!!!!! I'm not far behind and have been partaking since the original GT also
I also worked hard to gold every license test, I remember spending hours and hours trying to hit the perfect marks to gold a single test consisting of only 3 turns. I would like to see those tests come back too, when you gold a test on the first try in an unfamiliar car they are simply too easy
:lol: :cheers:
Haha, yeah, I sheepishly admit to probably still having more than just a couple of "Silvers" hanging in the license tests from GT1, 2 and 3.....:lol:
Bet even since 5 and 6 landed, any driving/license test they had (was it GT5 that didn't even have them?) are just waaaaay too easy to gold.
Absolutely no challenge at all, unless you just happen to be totally useless behind a wheel, so to speak. In which case, you should not be driving. :embarrassed: :lol:
I know (within myself) that I HAVE improved over these couple of years from GT1 to GTS and should really go back and complete my GOLD challenge. ;)
(Disclaimer: I don't know that many people would attest to it making my regular road driving any better. :) )

:lol: :cheers:
Haha, yeah, I sheepishly admit to probably still having more than just a couple of "Silvers" hanging in the license tests from GT1, 2 and 3.....:lol:
Bet even since 5 and 6 landed, any driving/license test they had (was it GT5 that didn't even have them?) are just waaaaay too easy to gold.
Absolutely no challenge at all, unless you just happen to be totally useless behind a wheel, so to speak. In which case, you should not be driving. :embarrassed: :lol:
I know (within myself) that I HAVE improved over these couple of years from GT1 to GTS and should really go back and complete my GOLD challenge. ;)
(Disclaimer: I don't know that many people would attest to it making my regular road driving any better. :) )

I still have all of my old GT games, PS1, 2, & 3 counsels and even the memory cards I could drag them out if I really wanted to yet, but going back to GT1 is pretty bad, you dont realize how much the game has changed. I dont know what was worse last time I tried GT1, the sound or the graphics but when it was new it was the greatest!! I had a spare memory card set aside for GT1 & 2 just to save all of my gold license tests. It took so long to get them all there was no way I was going to risk losing them. I also preferred the way you could set up different saves on different memory cards, you were able to tailor each one the way you wanted it.

Voted VR because VR :)

I'd settle for fixing the Halo visibility issue in cockpit view for the applicable cars.

Using the SF19s in VR is just brilliant and it illustrates how relatively little impact the Halo has when it obscures different areas of each eyes view.

The broad band straight down the middle of screen in cockpit view is completely unrealistic.

Setting the seat back and up can make the view borderline usable but its a long way short of what I feel would make it a viable race option for me.

A 'ghosted' Halo column or a greatly reduced solid line with transparent borders a la F1 2019 would be a great upgrade for the game.

I want the ability to make all road cars in to race cars like in GT 1

Attachments

• Mitsubishi_GTO_LM_Edition.jpg
    Mitsubishi_GTO_LM_Edition.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 15
AI in private online multiplayer lobbies is a must. If GT7 does not include this, then I and a number of friends will not be buying it. PCars and GAS both had this feature and made it so much fun.

On the same line as time change and dynamic weather change, I would like to go even further and say:

For all the tracks that GT has ever released since GT1, and based on the tracks geographic location, we the player should be able to set a specific DATE of the race...
(A date within a non-specific year)

The date will dictates the seasonal and overall environment feel (no leaves, green leaves, or yellow leaves), but most importantly the sun's correct location and height.... Affecting shadows as well...

A bit much... So Maybe this can be done for GT9 ...

I digress....

Count me in on the beefed up single player mode. The only thing I'd want different this time around is a more comprehensive take on how actual motorsports works, with a career that actually follows what a racing driver has to overcome in order to be sucessful: your results matter more than a shiny gold effect on the screen, you have to set goals, choose your career path that can take you from kart to sportscar racing, or formulas, or prototypes, all depending of how you do on track and the opportunities that arise around you and all of that.

I think that the potential on this take is huge because no racing game has ever done it right to this day: the one that came closely to this was Project CARS (and somehow they managed to ruin it completely on the second game, although, to be fair, they improved on everything else).

I'm not sure if I really want yet another FR Challenge, Clubman Trophy and other silly races and three event series with a few cars going around for few laps to no point, or a license system that has no actual bearing on your progress as a racing driver. Another "career" mode where I have to amass inordinates amounts of credits in order to buy cars and so on that have no real reason to be locked away in the first place. I want something more engaging.

Specially with the Sport mode producing champions that now race for real, I think GT7 could deliver a full career that let's us, the mortals, to fully experience the racing driver journey. I'd love the Poliphony take on that.

That said, I'd also put in:

- Night and Day cycles are a must for a endurance fan, so yeah, we need them back pronto!
- Event editor (like you can set up a series, or just a race, share it for an online series with your mates, or just use it by yourself)

An option to turn off the unrealistic & laughably broken arcade-style understeer vibration effect.

For me it would be:
- better AI
- full racing weekend (practice, qualify, race)
- proper career mode (i loved it in GT3 and GT4)
- more than 16 players in online lobby (eg. multiclass racing on La Sarthe with 30-50 cars on the grid)
- number of tracks GT4 have, number of cars GT6 have
- not many people liked this mode, but I want much improoved GT6 B-Spec mode

I want a time trial mode just for friends and if you get the best time you win a car.

It sounds too easy... But to implement it and to prevent cheating will be extremely difficult....

People will be cheating in order to get cars....

You have to be a bit more specific...

TRACK EDITOR, like in GT6 but InGame and OFFLINE, so you can use it, after Servers are down!
Now, there is no game available with a trackeditor - so it would be a very special feature against the competitive games like Forza, AC, ProjectCars, ...

I want a time trial mode just for friends and if you get the best time you win a car.
That is not going to happen, but I think you will win a car when GT7 online Time Trials comes out with car & credits, like in GT6.

Back