Your most wanted feature for GT7?

What's your most wanted feature for the next GT?

• Full VR compatibility

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Deeper graphical configuration settings - FOV, framerate, maybe even 60<FPS

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • A-Spec, B-spec

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • More cars, man, that's all that matters.

Votes: 34 12.2%
  • More real world tracks

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • More fictional tracks

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 82 29.4%

• Total voters
giphy.gif

Soft body physics like Beamng would be cool.

Yeah that would be great
But if they do, they'll have to have an option to tone down the damage model

Light: Slight cosmetic damage and slight mechanical damage
Heavy: Slight cosmetic but heavy mechanical damage
Full: Full cosmetic and mechanical damage

I didn't put things like "better FFB" or "better physics" because those are kind of... abstract?

Abstract as in theoretical? Meaning there is no practical application for better physics within Gran Turismo?

Physics should be included in your poll option, they are far behind.

With upcoming consoles having potential 8 core CPUs/24gb ram they have the hardware, budget, and expert level C++ software engineers.
I understand they do not share the same target audience as say Kunos, but my opinion is you can't keep stamping "The real driving simulator" on a box that contains need for speed physics.

This month of May has me wishing for a similar experience for GT. As in two full weeks of qualifying and practice. Include real damage so if you smash up your car you’re done for the day. Then an actual 500 mile race on the day, heavily sorted through skill level obvs. I thothat would be fascinating.

Same with LeMans—lots of practice and qualifying to sort out skilled drivers and run all four classes at once. A 24 hour race might be unrealistic but it would be fun to have a team of three buds to accomplish it. All the talk of the trouble with varying braking distances with Race B this week gives me pause though.

Add Monaco with the Mercedes F1 and we’ve got ourselves a gen-yoo-wine triple crown!

Much of this is unrealistic with the varying levels of skill and seriousness (not to mention stick vs wheel players) but I’d sure like an immersive experience like that for some races.

This month of May has me wishing for a similar experience for GT. As in two full weeks of qualifying and practice. Include real damage so if you smash up your car you’re done for the day. Then an actual 500 mile race on the day, heavily sorted through skill level obvs. I thothat would be fascinating.

Same with LeMans—lots of practice and qualifying to sort out skilled drivers and run all four classes at once. A 24 hour race might be unrealistic but it would be fun to have a team of three buds to accomplish it. All the talk of the trouble with varying braking distances with Race B this week gives me pause though.

Add Monaco with the Mercedes F1 and we’ve got ourselves a gen-yoo-wine triple crown!

Much of this is unrealistic with the varying levels of skill and seriousness (not to mention stick vs wheel players) but I’d sure like an immersive experience like that for some races.
Man you must be new to GT, there was Qualifying in old GTs, and also in GT4 and GT5 there was actual 24h race in Endurance events (where in GT5 you can save the race's progress and continue later)

Monaco was also in previous GT game since GT3, named Cote d'Azur.

Man you must be new to GT, there was Qualifying in old GTs, and also in GT4 and GT5 there was actual 24h race in Endurance events (where in GT5 you can save the race's progress and continue later)

Monaco was also in previous GT game since GT3, named Cote d'Azur.

I’ve been playing since the first iteration but I was speaking purely in terms of these competitions being against online drivers. I played GT6 briefly but didn’t realize there was an online option so this has been my first experience with online competition (ie getting my butt handed to me and needing to improve my skills).

The fact that all the triple crown tracks have been or are on GT gives me hope. But I think the online competition I described might be too difficult to pull off. But I sure would have liked to spent this week trying to get up to speed on Indy without touching the walls and then compare that to similar drivers.

I’ve been playing since the first iteration but I was speaking purely in terms of these competitions being against online drivers. I played GT6 briefly but didn’t realize there was an online option so this has been my first experience with online competition (ie getting my butt handed to me and needing to improve my skills).

The fact that all the triple crown tracks have been or are on GT gives me hope. But I think the online competition I described might be too difficult to pull off. But I sure would have liked to spent this week trying to get up to speed on Indy without touching the walls and then compare that to similar drivers.
Funnily enough I've been doing rivals time attacks in Forza 7 against Indycar drivers since the last update dropped adding the latest Indycars to the game. It's been fun - in a "I'm not quick enough" sort of way.

I had been longing for this in long time, I was disappointed when they are removed since GT5. I mean even other games like NFS had this too. I wish to see the old unique fonts like Lancia Stratos, or new unique fonts like Toyota 86.
Not only this, I miss the arcade mode too with a unique soundtrack and cool introduction for each track. Thanks to the future SSD in PS5, there is a good chance to see it back.

A proper career mode instead of this 20+ year old well outdated campaign that's barely changed in that time. I mean how hard can it really be? SMS has one in Project Cars 1 & 2 that works really well, surely someone at PD can just copy it.

A proper career mode instead of this 20+ year old well outdated campaign that's barely changed in that time. I mean how hard can it really be? SMS has one in Project Cars 1 & 2 that works really well, surely someone at PD can just copy it.
It's all about online racing

But according to the stats it's only a small percentage who play online regularly. If that is true PD stands to lose a lot of sales if they cater too much to online play.
I definitely agree with this. Not all people who are into the game are playing it online. Personally, I prefer playing it offline or by LAN with friends if I can but an internet connection is still needed for the latter.

It's all about online racing
According to the trophy system only 35% of GTS players unlocked the sports mode. This stat and the player numbers suggest that GT7 should have an big single player part again, imo.

Playing online is incredible in GTS, but the franchise didn't increase like GoW among others did iirc. Instead GT is declining.

:lol: You couldn't be more wrong! Everything that has been wrong with Gran Turismo since GT5 is because they haven't stuck to the GT-mode of the first four games.

That's no reason not to add a career mode though.

I voted Other.

Since almost release I have been saying that a hybrid single player/multiplayer campaign would be a bug addition.

As of right now (and I think many agree) the single player is so easy that it's uninteresting. For the people that find it a challenge, it's just frustrating. There's no happy medium. But, if you could campaign with your friends or others online, it would be better.

I'd also like to see proper destruction on the cars. For better or worse, proper accidents add a layer of realism that this game sorely needs. It's car collision model seems so 1990's

Driver Swaps
Actual Grip
Proper support for G29
Some grip
Deeper tuning options inc brakes
A bit of grip
Big Ol' Wings for road cars
Grip please

Some say that the FFB of the G29 is not on the FIA Awards short list for „greatest piece of kit“. Maybe your grip complaint is at least partly rooted in the hardware you use. I‘m fine with the grip in GT Sport. Try iracing for some struggling with grip for real...

Make GT7 for all players and ban pad players from GTS and keep it running.

Yeah I know... I DO also play iracing, no need to point me in that direction...

Last edited:
More real life tracks
Touring car class
Better offline career
The ability to rewind practice laps to be able to practice corners you mess up in some sort off offline mode.
Basic tuning in sport mode, something like being able to adjust downforce, ballast, differential.
More cars without having 14 different Miata's
Better tire model when it comes to tire temp stuff.
Some sort of intuitive penalty system using AI

Main menu like GT4

Car Showroom like GT5 Prologue

- Mission hall challenge like GT4
- GT Auto
- Used car (Standar Showrrom)
- More extended and proper GT league like GT4
- More accurate classes, for example, GR-X only for VGT´S (GR.1 without vgt´s)
- Multiclass races
- Toyota GT-One, Nissan R390 and Koenigsegg :drool:
- And please possibility to sell any car

How the choices for Japanese Events? That would be awesome today.:

- Super GT
- TCR Japan
- Super Taikyu
- Super Formula

Someone mentioned more Gr.3, Gr.B Road CArs. Now that this is news https://www.gtplanet.net/honda-civic-type-r-rally-car/ would be an awesome inclusion for all cars to have this option.

- Gr.B R35 Road car
- Gr.B NSX Road car
- Gr.B Focus Road car

I wish to see:
- More standard cars, especially Japanese small city cars
- Endurance racing with Japanese small city cars.
- Lot of GT vision cars, they are the future like Majorette toy car selection.
- More Jazz music
- More fantasy tracks
- More Nissans and Toyotas, never too many of those.
- C-spec
- Lootboxes and paid DLC about same cars which have been released in previous games of GT
- Dance acts like in Fortnite
- More Anime
- Re-recorded vacuum cleaner sounds for all cars.
- Rewarding rewards like 500 miles endurance race offers tray of 4 cars: 3 x Toyota Pod and 1 x game's most rare race car
- GTA IV's Roman calling for bowling during race.

I wish to see:
- More standard cars, especially Japanese small city cars
- Endurance racing with Japanese small city cars.
- Lot of GT vision cars, they are the future like Majorette toy car selection.
- More Jazz music
- More fantasy tracks
- More Nissans and Toyotas, never too many of those.
- C-spec
- Lootboxes and paid DLC about same cars which have been released in previous games of GT
- Dance acts like in Fortnite
- More Anime
- Re-recorded vacuum cleaner sounds for all cars.
- Rewarding rewards like 500 miles endurance race offers tray of 4 cars: 3 x Toyota Pod and 1 x game's most rare race car
- GTA IV's Roman calling for bowling during race.
LOL Standard cars...the ambiguity, standard cars as in previous gen cars implanted to game w/o any changes or the more everyday cars. I'm sure people wouldn't like the former tbh.

Nissans and Toyotas are already the brand with the most line ups throughout the GT series if you look up.

Explain about C-spec.

How the choices for Japanese Events? That would be awesome today.:

- Super GT
- TCR Japan
- Super Taikyu
- Super Formula

Someone mentioned more Gr.3, Gr.B Road CArs. Now that this is news https://www.gtplanet.net/honda-civic-type-r-rally-car/ would be an awesome inclusion for all cars to have this option.

- Gr.B R35 Road car
- Gr.B NSX Road car
- Gr.B Focus Road car
I would like to see those events full season but with their actual laps (so Super GT in Endurance section, with all tracks and actual laps, not just one Suzuka or Fuji 1000 km for example). GT already has Super GT but it's on ordinary race list.

Personally I would like more if those Gr.3, Gr.B cars exist as the Racing Modification of the road cars instead, an excuse to return Racing Modification.

Back