Your most wanted feature for GT7?

What's your most wanted feature for the next GT?

• Full VR compatibility

Votes: 50 17.9%
  • Deeper graphical configuration settings - FOV, framerate, maybe even 60<FPS

Votes: 10 3.6%
  • A-Spec, B-spec

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • More cars, man, that's all that matters.

Votes: 34 12.2%
  • More real world tracks

Votes: 69 24.7%
  • More fictional tracks

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Other

Votes: 82 29.4%

• Total voters
"Explain about C-spec." by oOOOo

I could imagine c-spec you being in your car in decisive online race, your forced view in dashboard and somebody else in world driving it. :D

I wish to see:
- More standard cars, especially Japanese small city cars
- More Jazz music
- More fantasy tracks

I have a sneaking feeling this is secret code for sports cars, no jazz, and more real-world venues. I will fight you on the fantasy track front, gives the game something to make it stand out.

- Dance acts like in Fortnite

I will, no lie, buy it day one if I get the option to dab on my opponents when I get on podium. Flossing can return to whatever circle of hell it came from.

I was playing musing game designer in my head and hoping/imagining/wanting GT7 to be a bit of a throwback to the original with all, or at least some, of the old tracks we’ve been clamoring for, like Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, and Autumn Ring. And then take it back to a heavy focus on the licensing and driver tests with the online racing element being races to advance in rank and so on. And/or a fixed amount of money to spend on upgrades before the race to see who spends the smartest (although I’m sure that would quickly become a meta upgrade and then everything else)

Probably unworkable and unrealistic but I was just thinking off on what I liked about GT back in the day and what I like about it now and thought that’s be a cool conceptual mashup.

I was playing musing game designer in my head and hoping/imagining/wanting GT7 to be a bit of a throwback to the original with all, or at least some, of the old tracks we’ve been clamoring for, like Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, and Autumn Ring. And then take it back to a heavy focus on the licensing and driver tests with the online racing element being races to advance in rank and so on. And/or a fixed amount of money to spend on upgrades before the race to see who spends the smartest (although I’m sure that would quickly become a meta upgrade and then everything else)

Probably unworkable and unrealistic but I was just thinking off on what I liked about GT back in the day and what I like about it now and thought that’s be a cool conceptual mashup.

You mean kinda like real racing where the guy with the fattest wallet has the fastest car??

For non-gameplay stuff, I REALLY want more space for replays and photos, or the option of utilizing hard drive space for that.

:lol: You couldn't be more wrong! Everything that has been wrong with Gran Turismo since GT5 is because they haven't stuck to the GT-mode of the first four games.

That's no reason not to add a career mode though.

I couldn't be more right, it's boring, tedious, outdated with some of the worst AI ever seen in a racing game. Stuck to it since GT5? It was garbage then and gas been since, it was garbage in GT3, it wasn't garbage in GT2 because it was new-ish then. GT4 got away with it because everything else about the game was fantastic.

A 20+ year old formula they're still churning out after all this time. It's like what would happen if Resident Evil still had fixed cameras and **** graphics today

I couldn't be more right, it's boring, tedious, outdated with some of the worst AI ever seen in a racing game. Stuck to it since GT5? It was garbage then and gas been since, it was garbage in GT3, it wasn't garbage in GT2 because it was new-ish then. GT4 got away with it because everything else about the game was fantastic.

A 20+ year old formula they're still churning out after all this time. It's like what would happen if Resident Evil still had fixed cameras and **** graphics today

To each their own I guess, I gotta agree with Tired Tyres, the GT mode is great for people who have no interest in online racing. In case you missed it only a small percentage of GTS players stick with Sport Mode, at least according to the stats. That would make me believe the majority actually like the GT League which would put your idea in the minority.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's what has made the Gran Turismo series what it is today. Garbage? It's what the game is. It's what over half the people complaining about GTS want.
A 20 year old formula may be the problem. The AI in GTS though, seem to be getting in the right direction. It can be done when we look at AC, PC2 and more importantly the learning AI of iRacing. It seems as though the staff of PD is underpowered and really trying to make Sport mode work but relying only on online has and will cost them customers. If they don't follow their tradition then fine, that's their decision but people will simply just gravitate towards other titles that offer them what they want. I simply can't see that happening though. I can't see them abandoning a tradition of what made them so popular in the first place.
So while people complain about Sport mode now and not having a proper GT Campaign mode, when they come out with that proper GT Campaign mode, then you can complain about it as much as you want while the other half of us are happy. Not everyone wants to deal with some of the online nonsense or has the time for it.

To each their own I guess, I gotta agree with Tired Tyres, the GT mode is great for people who have no interest in online racing. In case you missed it only a small percentage of GTS players stick with Sport Mode, at least according to the stats. That would make me believe the majority actually like the GT League which would put your idea in the minority.

Which is why my original post that tired tires replied to was about having a proper Project Cars style career mode.

Rubbish. GT1 to GT3 were perfect sandbox games. Complete licences and any race could be you first race if you had a car that was good enough so you can make your way through the game in any way you wanted. The AI was rubber banded to always present you with some challenge unless you totally over built your car. GT4 did not have rubber banding so it was much easier to win easily. Plus the idiotic locks on the Endurance hall and Extreme hall prevented it from being as good as the first three games. GT5 had totally NOTHING in common with these first four games in any way whatsoever due to it being built to a totally different style of leveling and experience points, and the less said about GT6 the better.

If and ONLY if they had stuck to the sandbox mechanism of the first three games would your "20+ year old formula" be correct, and if it had actually done like that there would be practically no negative threads on this forum. The negativity STARTED with GT5. That should tell you something about the general unhappiness people have with the CHANGES the series has made in the last three games.

Rubbish. GT1 to GT3 were perfect sandbox games. Complete licences and any race could be you first race if you had a car that was good enough so you can make your way through the game in any way you wanted. The AI was rubber banded to always present you with some challenge unless you totally over built your car. GT4 did not have rubber banding so it was much easier to win easily. Plus the idiotic locks on the Endurance hall and Extreme hall prevented it from being as good as the first three games. GT5 had totally NOTHING in common with these first four games in any way whatsoever due to it being built to a totally different style of leveling and experience points, and the less said about GT6 the better.

If and ONLY if they had stuck to the sandbox mechanism of the first three games would your "20+ year old formula" be correct, and if it had actually done like that there would be practically no negative threads on this forum. The negativity STARTED with GT5. That should tell you something about the general unhappiness people have with the CHANGES the series has made in the last three games.

Game design flaws... So many today. I tend to be more forgiving when it comes to Gran Turismo for mainly nostalgia reasons. However, if GTSport is your first contact with GT, there are many things wrong for a 2019 game. No 360 degree camera view?! Or probably the most boring camera views with no effects like a subtle blur, camera shake or G-sensitive camera during braking for example. GT must live with its time and makes things a little bit more exciting IMO.

(And why not a nostalgia DLC with orange HUD, classic sound effects and special font for car names please?)

Better lobby search function: option to filter off certain rooms by unmarking tracks, car classes or used tires, e.g. combo i'd never drive: SSRX / Gr.X / RSS
This system since GT5, searches that exact one room with very specific filtering; while hiding every other potential room - unable to search N100-600 or Gr.2-4 rooms at once.

-----------------

More strict presets when creating a room in open lobby, depending what game mode is used; Race rooms would be restricted to similiar settings used in Sport mode (real assists, -slipstream, -tires etc.)
Then, obviously, limitless settings for drifters, cruisers & drag racers, but in Free mode.

Online lobbies have been a mess since GT5, with too many options people can't understand or bother to pay attention. Also the preset/default settings are often unrealistic with boost on etc.

Similiar happened to Assetto Corsa PS4 once they introduced user created rooms; this led to rooms with +1h practise -> 1h qualify -> 5lap race with uneven cars from varying classes and excessive shortcut penalties... :indiff: In fact, 90% of rooms are unstuitable for racing although being labeled as (or truly meant to be) racing rooms - Instead, Kunos should have kept the core settings from pre-made rooms, but only allow the host to choose used cars, -track & race duration...:bowdown:

Last edited:
I would like the ability to download another persons replay to use as a ghost. I am convinced that the reason this can not be done in GTS is because there is something fishy going on between using a DS4 and a wheel. I see way too many untidy laps when using a DS4 that dont seem they should be as fast as they are compared to nice tidy laps with wheel users.

I really wanted to select 3 items. Like a lot.

Jerome

We definitely need this back in GT Sport and GT7... Seriously.

images

Back