Answered Sound Update (PD is now hiring! + Email!)

Discussion in 'Kazunori Yamauchi Q&A' started by FrzGT, May 21, 2014.

1. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

UPDATE 4:

pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/811

Its basically says sound application is now very crowded. Take your time while PD is sorting out applicants. Thanks for your support! As usual, email PD if you're interested in improving the sounds.

Also any SPAM are frowned upon.

UPDATE 2 and 3:From Part 3 article:
    Regarding Engine Sounds of Gran Turismo   Part.3  – PIT STOP.png
    PD is actually hiring! If you are a professional at this, contact their staff at http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/index.html

From the PITSTOP article:
    GO GO :gtpflag: Send your application! Make a news! Embrace our communities name!!!

UPDATE 1: Thank you all :gtplanet: for voting this question until this become No.1. Kaz already post a blog addressing this issue, which means this is the first question to be answered.

You can see the first part here: pitstop.gran-turismo.com/en/article/26

Original question:

Last edited: Sep 10, 2014
  2. Ferrari458Italia

Ferrari458Italia Premium

This is honestly my biggest pet peeve with Gran Turismo.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    Shahar, swsc73, Michael88 and 34 others like this.
  3. TurismoBad

TurismoBad

One of the biggest problems with the game and I would love to see a detailed answer/explanation. Where is the team currently ? Perhaps we could hear some new samples ? What is your aim with the new system ? Realism first and foremost or some fake "spicing up" ?

Is the new sound system already worked out and everything is in production phase or it's still in the workings ?

edit:

And what about brake noise, up-shifts/down-shifts and exhaust "pop" (video) - are those being worked on for current/next game ?

4. kennylmao

kennylmao

The question should go like this: WHY DO THE CARS SOUND LIKE VACUUM CLEANERS?

EDIT: I don't mean to come off as an idiot, I just thought it was the most sarcastic way to ask them since they've been giving vague answers to the 'sound question'. Of course don't ask them like that.

5. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

RedBull X cars has the greatest and most realistic tone. So can you apply to the other cars? Pretty please.

6. forzaturismo

forzaturismo

7. Smuttysy

Smuttysy

I'd love to know what's the situation regards the so-called "placeholder" sounds that have been talked about, and when/if they will be replaced with genuine ones.

colj00, Tetsu_X, LeeMaster and 4 others like this.
  8. kennylmao

kennylmao

Lol, I mean a straight forward question which they can't wiggle their way out of by giving vague answers.

IDCI, Sisekelo Duma and Tetsu_X like this.
  9. JadeRaven

JadeRaven

Sound sound sound sound.

Please Mr. Kazunori, please dedicate your staff toward getting rid of the old terrible sound (transmission / dynamometer whine?), and give us some actual, real engine sound on all of the cars.

Even as a huge Gran Turismo fan, this is very difficult to overlook.

10. PDD-Nox

PDD-Nox

This is a big point. An overhaul has been mentioned. But not done yet.

11. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

While the question at the top of this thread has much support. Hopefully it could be phrased better.

Included in the question should be can we have volume sliders so we can set up the sound how we choose.

e.g. volume %
    Exhaust
    Road noise
    Wind noise
    Engine noise
    Transmission
    Skid
    Tyre Scrub
    Brakes
    Track annoucers
    Other sounds (gravel/collisions etc)

Also if the update won't happen in GT6 can't some of the best car sounds in GT6 be used as appropriate replacements for other cars with bad sound.

12. Slash

Slash Premium

I'd actually like my cars to sound like cars please. Especially muscle cars. Last time I checked a 1967 Mercury Cougar didn't sound like a vacuum cleaner.

13. Stitch Jones

Stitch Jones

Why does every car sound like a vacuum cleaner, Kaz? For supposedly being "the ultimate driving simulator", there's an unbelievable amount of non-realistic things in your "sim" buddy.

14. Swagger897

Swagger897 Premium

Perhaps in a future update when we decide to implement them..

15. TAkEoFF_420

TAkEoFF_420 (Banned)

Lets get more " likes " on this post! Better sounds, more players, better community.

GT6 will become even more enjoyable, feel more LIVE!

Sounds of fuel cut, mis-fire, high rev.. etc.

16. TayeezSA

TayeezSA

I somehow knew this thread was gonna chime in somewhere.

So I'll just leave this here....

oli440, ProjectF, diogo92 and 11 others like this.
  17. Earth

Earth

Did he promise though? I think it was a 'maybe'

18. Lancerakias

Lancerakias

All i want is a proper vtec sound and in turbo cars external wastegate sound..i have played all the Gt series and the sound is the same..please make it better..

19. TAkEoFF_420

TAkEoFF_420 (Banned)

If it was quoted, its a promise.. seems like everyone is wanting this post to explode with " likes " keep it coming GT fans! WOOOOOO!

Kaz will be surprised.

20. Gwenbors

Gwenbors

I picked up a good set of headphones the other day and I've actually noticed boost and blowoff valves on cars that I'd never heard before. They're there, PD's sound balancing just keeps them muted compared to exhaust and tire sounds.

Croatian_STIG likes this.
  21. JohnScoonsBeard

JohnScoonsBeard

It's ironic that that video is so difficult to understand due to annoying music in the background limiting what you can understand of what the speaker is saying. I support what he is saying (I think)

GBO Possum and GoncaloS9 like this.
  22. SDSPOWER01

SDSPOWER01

Better to rephrase your question: When will we hear about the promised "sound update".

23. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Quoting for truth. He never said it would be introduced on the PS3.

24. suomi1

suomi1

Why lose the occasion to ask something really constructive?
    We already have the answer to this question...

=> Don't like

gnorman and Swagger897 like this.
  25. Foxhound93

Foxhound93

I really want sound update more than anything in This Game, but if that is not coming Better use of current samples would fix a oot Things. For example why the Sauber C9 has same sample as Toyota TS020 when some racecar v8 sample such as in Ford GT LM Race car would be much more realistic and pleasant. And same With BMW Z4 GT3, just give it one of those older Nascar samples instead of What it now got. Then I could really enjoy my two favourite cars, now I havent even bought them in GT6

jlmcmillan1978 and hectord27 like this.
  26. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Wow. 150 likes in two hours. Come PD please see this!

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  27. MXH

MXH Premium

''Has there been a breakthrough yet regarding the new system for generating sounds, on which you've been working on for the past few years?''

A simple and straighforward question. I believe an answer to the above should give us a hint or two what to expect in the future.

ProjectF, Tetsu_X, STONDKIWI and 6 others like this.
  28. Doodle

Doodle Premium

FTFY

Swagger897 and GranTurismo guy like this.
  29. GranTurismo guy

GranTurismo guy

Dear Kaz
    I love your games
    I've literally played all of them, including prologues, concepts, hell, even tourist trophy!
    Your games are amazing, and this is why it breaks our hearts that one thing that has been poor for a while is not being addressed;

The sounds.

I love your passion for cars, I too treat them as truly beautiful items feather than mere machines. And a lot of other people will think the same way. This is why I cannot understand why you are not paying any attention to one of the most important features of a car, one of the biggest things that makes them so good; their voice

Please, me and basically the rest of gtplanet are LITERALLY BEGGING YOU TO PLEASE UPDATE THE SOUNDS.

Please.

ProjectF, Tetsu_X, STONDKIWI and 7 others like this.
  30. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

I can understand why people say "vacuum cleaners" but I think PD needs some more specific feedback.

1. Fix cars like the Diablos, the old Viper GTS, Veyron, Jay Leno's Oldsmobile Toronado and almost every single race car that don't even have a sound matching their engine type. This I think it's their highest priority.

2. Then they can add a more realistic feel to the sounds, like crackles, pops, delays between shifting, more exhaust-less intake and other stuff that other games have been doing better than GT ever since the PS2 generation. (hardware is not an excuse, PD!!)

As long as they do this right and not exaggerate like for example, the NFS Shift series (where the ridiculous sounds are so loud and distorted that they become absolutely unbearable), and stick closer to what Forza does, then they will be alright.

PD can do it. Because when you have a company that is so knowledgeable about cars making V12's sound like V8's, then you assume it's because they don't give a damn about it. Right? .... Right?