Your question to Kazunori Yamauchi or Gilles Vidal

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 342 comments
When we look at the video, the screen which show this picture is on Windows. So it's only a virtual render which could not come from GT.
When we look at the environment everything correspond to the Dunlop chicane on LM excepted the color of the rumble. But as it's on PC, it could be an environment that hasn't been designed by PD but from Peugeot. They must hase a simulator for the 908 program so this version of LM rendre could come from this simulator.

PD don't code GT on a Playstation, they do it on a PC.... the screens could easily be from GT, PD and a PC.

but it isn't, there's the dunlop bridge right behind look in the video right above her pony tail and on the left side there's the grand stand just like the dunlop chicane.

Where do you see the Dunlop bridge? I can't see it.

dunlop.jpg

Where do you see the Dunlop bridge? I can't see it.

View attachment 387112
Look at 0:27 in the video and look right above her poney tail you'll see the shape of the Dunlop bridge and if you keep looking around while the camera is spinning aroung the car you'll see the gravel trap on the side (just like the dunlop chicane) and the grand stand on the left (just like dunlop chicane).

EDIT: look at 1:04 you can see the bridge a bit more clearly.

I will summarize the most important news in English ;)

And then, I will translate full interview (unless someone has the time to do it before me)

Last friday, during the peugeot vgt event held in Paris ,organized by the famous french car brand, Kazunori Yamauchi - founder of Polyphony Digital and producer of the Gran Turismo series - spoke about the cooperation between Peugeot and the famous videogame series that,apparently,it is intended to carry on with the long awaited seventh chapter of the saga.

asked by Spaziogames about the future of Gran Turismo, Yamauchi promised that a lot of problem related impact physics and damage simulation will be resolved ,two aspects that always concerned the Gran Turismo fanbase . It's furthermore confirmed a bigger number of premium cars in GT7 even if, as for now, Yamauchi-san preferred to not to go too far with numbers.

217619_1a.jpg

At least, to the question about the intened release date of GT7 in 2017, as initially dreaded by other sources, came a straightforward denial:"people will never wait so much for this"* Yamauchi then added "we're talking about Gran Turismo it won't be necessary to wait for so long."**

Yamauchi's announcement leaves interpretation for a possible arrival of the game before the end of 2016,probably during the fall season. To this point , the japanese developer, didn't tell much about his presence during the Sony E3 conference, saying nothing about that matter. We know for sure that during the conference Takayuki "Translator-San" Nushida will be absent, probably because -probably- there won't be any announcements made by Yamauchi during the Los Angeles conference. Nonetheless,Yamauchi in the past weeks crossed three different continents meeting car makers, leaving speculation that there won't be much to wait for the much awaited reveal of GT7 .
Date of release: TBA

*( LOL DID HE READ GTP POSTS OR WHAT)
**(This.Guy.)

I hope it is understandable, if there is any question feel free to ask.
So nothing new came by so far huh
ps: fixed typos

Last edited:
asked by Spaziogames about the future of Gran Turismo, Yamauchi promised that a lot of problem related impact physics and damage simulation will be resolved ,two aspects that always concerned the Gran Turismo fanbase . It's furthermore confirmed a bigger number of premium cars in GT7 even if, as for now, Yamauchi-san preferred to not to go too far with numbers.

217619_1a.jpg
If Kaz thinks crash damage/physics is a high priority with fans, he clearly didn't look at the Kaz Q and A forum where it barely made it to the second page behind topics like corner names for original circuits, driver swaps and drag racing. Not saying it isn't a good idea, but there are far more pressing issues with fans in the Q and A.

If Kaz thinks crash damage/physics is a high priority with fans, he clearly didn't look at the Kaz Q and A forum where it barely made it to the second page behind topics like corner names for original circuits, driver swaps and drag racing. Not saying it isn't a good idea, but there are far more pressing issues with fans in the Q and A.

He didn't say anything about what fans think are important, it was the interviewer who said that.

Thanks for translating that piece from Spaziogames and here is what I took out of it.

- Peugeot / PDI collaboration to proceed into the future.
- More Premium cars.
- Damage and impact physics receiving much needed attention.
- Kay has been globe trotting to meet with car manufacturers.

Sounds good so far!

In all honesty, i think he really got bored of the indestructible cars from GT1 and really wants to change things (as seen on GT5) and maybe said that it's a priority probably because they're working at it atm.

Question for KAZ:

I'm so glad you invited SRT to come up with a VGT car, and it looks amazing. My question is when will us fans get a chance to test out the SRT Tomahawk?

Question for KAZ:

I'm so glad you invited SRT to come up with a VGT car, and it looks amazing. My question is when will us fans get a chance to test out the SRT Tomahawk?
When there's an update. By the time these are answered it'll likely already be in the game. It's hardly the most pressing of questions, whether it comes in 2, 3 or 4 weeks doesn't really make much difference.

Back