Your question to Kazunori Yamauchi or Gilles Vidal

• Thread starter Zlork
  • 342 comments
nuclear-mushroom-cloud.jpg
Hahahahhaah :lol:

Until the interview comes, I must say that I am satisfied with the questions that have been proposed.

I absolutely have no regrets.

Now, I hope that the admin of JVL made the right choice and that Kaz agreed to reply to our questions.

My questions are about things that never had answer.

The meclaren F1, the Polo G40 and the Mercedes CLK-GTR and a thousand thousand cars because I've never been put in GT2?

The circuits of the type Palm Strip, Indi, Eiger those that have never been put in Gran Turismo 2, Why were never ever added? There is a chance to see them in the future?

Special Stage Route 11 is missing a lot of people, why not implemented together with the track of Seattle?

There will be the Free Roam in GT7?

I think of being late: D but i wanna try!

33pczrb.jpg

2jg1det.jpg

2i1gxeo.jpg

dh2zci.jpg

Last edited:

Sorry for big mistakes, I made a quick translation !

I will return to clean later.

Course Maker : no date, but Kaz confirmed that this feature is still planned for GT6. He says it takes more work than expected.

About Assetto Corsa and Project Cars: Kaz said : "we (PoDi) follow the way in which we believe and will continue to follow it"

GT7 : he didn't want to talk about the next episode.

More customisation in GT6 : he said the only scheduled update is the course maker

News cars but no news tracks for GT6.

208 Pikes Peak in GT or DLC: Yes.

FIA Championship: he can't talk, for the moment (he laughs)

PPIHC: no participation. He said he was too busy with the new Gran Turismo

VGTs : He is satisfied and want continue this project for future installments

He would like the Corvette C7 in his garage

@Jordan

Last edited:
Very interesting interview 👍 and really worth a watch of you understand French ;) Especially the part with Gilles I found very informative.

What Gilles said about the cars he would like to see in GT and his bos Max also were the ancient racecars (1895) from the early days and a few racecars that made their name in motorsport in the past.

That cars that are forseen for the next installment , he was unable to talk. He did say however that there were already quit a few Peugeot's and concepts of Peugeot :confused: in the current version. I only know one!

The RCZ started out as a concept.

The partnership with Polyphony adds something more for Peugeot. It's more than just adding cars. VisionGT and working with a developer to deliver content and being occupied creatively. Gilles also said that Yamauchi is always pushing. New ideas and rethinking how to work out things for the future. An interesting aspect for Peugeot. Yamauchi has a very good contact with Gilles because of the Citroen Concept they worked on together a few years ago.

Yamauchi said that they are already working more than 5 years on the sounds for the new generation (PS4). Sound will definitely change.

I lolled when I saw that big smile on his face when you asked about FIA. Let's hope for the best.

@Zlork Liked it and thank you for asking a few of my questions:cheers:

Last edited:
The funny thing about this interview is that when Gilles Vidal talks about the PD crew he said that when they made the VGT they asked them for details inside the car and yet there's so much details that it's completely black inside the car, so much for details. :lol:

Very interesting interview 👍 and really worth a watch of you understand French ;) Especially the part with Gilles I found very informative.

What Gilles said about the cars he would like to see in GT and his bos Max also were the ancient racecars (1895) from the early days and a few racecars that made their name in motorsport in the past.

That cars that are forseen for the next installment , he was unable to talk. He did say however that there were a several concept cars of Peugeot :confused:. I only know one!

The partnership with Polyphony adds something more for Peugeot. It's more than just adding cars. VisionGT and working with a developer to deliver content and being occupied creatively. Yamauchi has a very good contact with Gilles because of the Citroen Concept they worked on together a few years ago.

Yamauchi said that they are already working more than 5 years on the sounds for the new generation (PS4). Sound will definitely change.

I lolled when I saw that big smile on his face when you asked about FIA. Let's hope for the best.

@Zlork Liked it and thank you for asking a few of my questions:cheers:

You're welcome 👍

Thank you for the translation of the part with Gilles!

Anyway, it was a very nice interview! And Kaz was very clear this time!

I wonder why Kaz laughed on the question of the FIA ? :D

Hmmm, that was an interesting interview, although Kaz is vague as always. Thank you very much @Zlork!

And about the sound, I believe Kaz said "We've been working on the next-gen for 5 years, so they [the sounds] will change. I can't tell you what will change at the moment, but I they will change."

Last edited:
How nice. +18 months of developments and no further words either on the reasons of the huge delay or any date for its release.

Anyway, it was a very nice interview! And Kaz was very clear this time!

:lol::lol: I appreciate your sarcasm.

So, no pikes peak in GT6, STILL no news on course maker, and didn't want to talk about GT7.

Exactly the useless answers I expected, actually. :lol: :(

Oh and VGT's in future GT's... OK then Kaz.

The "course maker took more work than expected" response isn't really a good enough reason is it @Famine ?

Last edited:
The fact that the course maker is always planned for GT6, may reassure some players.

For date, the question was too vague. He didn't choose mine but that of @Stylel_Code (I tell you to let me do)....

Kaz took the opportunity to say nothing about date.

Concerning GT7. It has not been officially unveiled. I'm not surprised that Kaz has answered no questions.

EDIT : @Streeto . It's no a sarcasm.

There has been no "soon" and "maybe".

For GT6 :

- Course maker still planned
- News cars
- No new track (so, no Pikes Peak)
- No more customisation

For GT7 and FIA : Nothing, for the moment.

208 Peugeot Pikes Peak confirmed.

No participation at PPHIC.

Last edited:
@Zlork

We knew CM was still planned, confirmed by @Famine a little while ago.

New cars just means the rest of VGT and maybe a random one, not exactly a surprise.

No new tracks, didn't really expect any new ones, Pikes was a pipedream, at least he was straight up about that.

No more customization, well we knew that LOL.

So... what exactly have we gained from this interview? Zilch.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate the effort you went through, it's Kaz I'm ranting about not you.

@Zlork

We knew CM was still planned, confirmed by @Famine a little while ago.

New cars just means the rest of VGT and maybe a random one, not exactly a surprise.

No new tracks, didn't really expect any new ones, Pikes was a pipedream, at least he was straight up about that.

No more customization, well we knew that LOL.

So... what exactly have we gained from this interview? Zilch.

Don't get me wrong, I fully appreciate the effort you went through, it's Kaz I'm ranting about not you.

Well, some players think that the course maker has been abandoned for GT6.... Kaz was able to reassure them.

It's not a surprise for you or me, but at least there are no more excuses.

Similarly, I don't know for customization. Neither for track where some members there, including myself, hoped to see Pikes Peak in GT6.

Now, it's clear.

For the rest.... I'll try to translate questions this weekend and you'll see that Kaz responded well.

Try to see the good side, for once.

Last edited:
I would say it is always nice to be able to ask questions to Kazunori Yamauchi, no matter the answer. Yet, given the format and the event, this short interview with him was just a "bonus".

On that note, it is really interesting to see how car maker and designer think and work with companies like Polyphony Digital.

Say what you may about the Vision GT project, it IS a good thing for the constructors and a nice, welcome touch for us gamers. That's always cool. (I won't comment on the lack of interior on some/most though :D)

I did arrive late, but I am surprised to see the Course Maker garnering more interest than an event creator. It is, to me, the kind of question worth bringing up all the time to PD. All the time.

With all the pressure there is for GT7, I think it is normal that GT6 gets less and less attention. Doesn't take away that GT6 and the montly DLC etc etc etc didn't exactly work out and that for a second time in a row. GT5 struggled with this as well. GT5 and GT6 have driven me away from the series. I am not that huge of a GT fan as I used to be.

I am still very skeptical for GT7 but my weakness lies with their connection to Peugeot. I said very clearly I was done with Gran Turismo and that I wouldn't buy GT7. I probably said that a few times :lol:. If the partnership with Peugeot shows off in GT7 I will buy the game. Not because of Gran Turismo but for Peugeot.

In this case it's not the game that attracks me for the cars but the carmaker that attracts me for a game.

VBR
Maybe it's just as well that he didn't answer the GT Planet Q&A, we probably would've got more of the same.

:lol:

He could of just copy/pasted "Soon, maybe, it's technically possible, but I don't want to talk about it" as an answer on every thread and his morning would be done, so he could go cruise in his GT-R for the rest of the day.

I'm surprised he even agreed to that Q&A when he knew he didn't want to answer anything.

Pike's Peak certainly isn't happening on PS3, so no surprise there. The 208 Pikes Peak happening is a surprise though.

What's more surprising is that PD have been working on the PS4 game for more than I thought they were.

Yeah I'm surprised to hear they've been working on it (at least the sounds?) since 2010.

That's a while even for PD, maybe we will see the next GT before 2017.

Back