Sharing and discussing car set-up configurations has always been a significant part of GTPlanet’s community since the site first began back in 2001.
Our Gran Turismo tuning forums contain nearly a quarter of a million posts, but it’s never really been easy to find a particular setup that you’re looking for, nor would you really know if that particular tune is any good.
I hope to solve these problems with GTPlanet’s new Tuning Database, which officially launches today.
It provides a simple, standardized way to share, organize, rate, find, and talk about car setups, and it’s completely free to use for all GTPlanet members. Here’s a few feature highlights:
- Tune Ratings: My personal favorite feature of the Tuning DB, the new rating feature makes it easy to see which tunes other members of the community find most useful. It also lets you give feedback to tunes which might need some work, which can help tuners refine their craft.
- Powerful Search Capabilities: Find just the tunes you are looking for using keyword search or the powerful “Tune Finder”, which lets you filter tunes by make, PP values, tires, setup type, and tuner.
- Easy-to-Read & Input: Tunes are displayed in a standardized, easy-to-read format, so you can read data quickly. Sharing tunes is also faster – just point, click, and select the relevant settings for your tune.
- “Follow” Tunes: Subscribe to or “watch” tunes that interest you to receive notifications for further updates or changes a tune might receive.
- Complete Forum Integration: The Tuning DB is completely integrated with GTPlanet’s forums. You can browse your favorite tuner’s setups right from a new “Tunes” tab displayed on their account profile, you’ll get notification alerts when someone “likes” or reviews your tunes, and each tune in the database gets its own dedicated discussion thread for more comprehensive feedback and analysis.
- Full Mobile Compatibility: Browse or share tunes right from your couch or driving rig – the Tuning DB has been designed to be easy to use and fully compatible with smartphones and tablets.
The Tuning Database is launching with support for Gran Turismo 6, and I’m excited to bring support for other popular games and PC simulators in the future. If you have any questions or comments, be sure to stop by this forum topic.
Stay tuned for more news and announcements, and, as always, stop by our GT6 Tuning Forum for more help and discussion.