Cars with unusual traits

• Thread starter Catlin
  • 971 comments
The R35 GTR

It weighs 2 tonnes (almost) has less than 500hp yet it blows away cars that weigh less and have much more power.

It handles like no other car in the game, It is insanely easy to drive fast.

Im pretty sure the GT-R's were doctored from the very start.

TiZzla
The R35 GTR

It weighs 2 tonnes (almost) has less than 500hp yet it blows away cars that weigh less and have much more power.

Maybe because thats the way it is in real life?

That's not unusual, that's just it being typically R35 and boring.

Unusual would be something like…um…I don't know. They've all been said! :lol: The HSR II is pretty bonkers to look at though, so I'd agree with that being one of the most unusual cars in GT5.

Im pretty sure the GT-R's were doctored from the very start.

It is unusual because there's no other car that can do what the GTR does. It is widely known that the GTR is an amazing car and an engineering masterpeice.

The GTR seems boring because its so damn easy to drive, you don't realise how fast you are going around corners. What other car has special wheels that are designed to stop the tyres from literally falling off due to the massive amounts of force that is put on them during cornering.

And Caitlyn I don't know what your on about.

No **** that's what it's like in real life. The OP asked what cars have unusual traits. The GTR has the unusual trait of being amazingly fast despite being underpowered and over weight. The two basic things in the equation of creating a fast car. It is slow on paper yet fast on the track.

You guys are too simple to understand me :lol:

RUF CTR Yellowbird '87, one of the few cars in the game where you spend the majority of your time turning the wheel in the opposite direction that the car is.

'nuff said :ill:

RUF CTR Yellowbird '87, one of the few cars in the game where you spend the majority of your time turning the wheel in the opposite direction that the car is.

Totally agreed
👍:lol:

Oh and ditto on the Mitsu HSRII

Maybe any other concept car has interesting features?

Yep, along with just about every MR car in the game. Especially the Lotus 111r.

You have to steer with the rear wheels.

It is unusual because there's no other car that can do what the GTR does. It is widely known that the GTR is an amazing car and an engineering masterpeice.

The GTR seems boring because its so damn easy to drive, you don't realise how fast you are going around corners. What other car has special wheels that are designed to stop the tyres from literally falling off due to the massive amounts of force that is put on them during cornering.

And Caitlyn I don't know what your on about.

No **** that's what it's like in real life. The OP asked what cars have unusual traits. The GTR has the unusual trait of being amazingly fast despite being underpowered and over weight. The two basic things in the equation of creating a fast car. It is slow on paper yet fast on the track.

You guys are too simple to understand me :lol:
It's not unusual in this sense. All you're basically saying here is that it's a good car for setting lap times. The "unusual" we're after here are cars with quirky details, and that lardy arsed, droning piece of crap is about as quirky as a beige Volvo, hence why I said it wasn't unusual.

Back on topic, the Corvette C6 ZR1 has a neat head up display thing, I just wished we had that on the M5 as well, it has one in real life.

IMO, the 2J has some unusual traits, hence it was banned after just 1 season.
3 speed semi auto gearbox, a fan to suck air in.
Handles pretty decent too for a 40 year old racecar.

It's not unusual in this sense. All you're basically saying here is that it's a good car for setting lap times. The "unusual" we're after here are cars with quirky details, and that lardy arsed, droning piece of crap is about as quirky as a beige Volvo, hence why I said it wasn't unusual.

Back on topic, the Corvette C6 ZR1 has a neat head up display thing, I just wished we had that on the M5 as well, it has one in real life.

No i'm saying that it's unusual because it defies the laws of fast car physics.

And given that you think the R35 GTR is a lardy arsed droning peice of crap you are retarded and your opinion is worthless.

I must have missed the rules for this thread. I only read cars with unusual traits.

My contribution was one of the few that is a one and only trait.

Going now bye :)

oh and when you're stationary in a kart, and you go from full left lock to right or wtv, the kart raises up and down a bit somewhat like real life?

Actually all cars do that just not as noticeable, due the the physics modelling of the caster angle.

And given that you think the R35 GTR is a lardy arsed droning peice of crap you are retarded and your opinion is worthless..
Yea, I've passed my exams with flying colours, Yea I'm retarded. I've also been writing reviews on cars and tunes since my 2nd post here, all of which have had good responses. Yup, my opinion isn't worth anything. :rolleyes:

And if my opinion isn't worth anything, why are you so bothered about what I think? Is the R35 a matter which cannot be debated? Are you saying that anyone who hates the R35 is therefore retarded and cannot voice their opinion?

I swear, fanboys these days are getting more and more illogical and daft. :rolleyes:

R35 is not a piece of crap. TiZzla misunderstood what this thread is about.

This thread is about cars in GT5 that have cool features and such. It isn't about how amazing and unbelievable the sexy R35 is. I DO get your point TiZzla, but it isn't a point this thread is asking of.

This maybe common knowledge, but one of the Pescarolo LMP cars allows a spoiler install. This is unusual in two aspects, first almost no purpose-built race cars in the game have options to purchase body parts, secondly, when you do go to actually view how the spoiler looks on the car, you see nothing different between the three spoiler options. (being a standard car, it has the usual A, B, and C options). I think it's safe to infer that this oddity is most likely a bug.

Yea, I've passed my exams with flying colours, Yea I'm retarded. I've also been writing reviews on cars and tunes since my 2nd post here, all of which have had good responses. Yup, my opinion isn't worth anything. :rolleyes:

And if my opinion isn't worth anything, why are you so bothered about what I think? Is the R35 a matter which cannot be debated? Are you saying that anyone who hates the R35 is therefore retarded and cannot voice their opinion?

I swear, fanboys these days are getting more and more illogical and daft. :rolleyes:

I swear, haters these days are getting more and more noisy and obnoxious too. :rolleyes:

Speaking of the unusual, certain Evos feel really unnatural with their AYC tuned to high levels. Unusual? Yes good sir.

Aftrbrnr
This maybe common knowledge, but one of the Pescarolo LMP cars allows a spoiler install. This is unusual in two aspects, first almost no purpose-built race cars in the game have options to purchase body parts, secondly, when you do go to actually view how the spoiler looks on the car, you see nothing different between the three spoiler options. (being a standard car, it has the usual A, B, and C options). I think it's safe to infer that this oddity is most likely a bug.

I think there is a couple more that can do this aswell. Does it add more downforce though?

TiZzla
The R35 GTR

IRL

IMO, the 2J has some unusual traits, hence it was banned after just 1 season.
3 speed semi auto gearbox, a fan to suck air in.
Handles pretty decent too for a 40 year old racecar.

Not to mention the fact that in the game it doesn't actually show up as having any Aero at all.

The Chevrolet Corvette C1 has got a 2-speed "Powerglide" transmission.

2-speed?! I need to buy that now :eek:

Another GT-R argument flooding this thread *sigh*

One of the Lexus SC430 Super GT cars has a night vision camera in the dash as a rear view mirror.

This actual car had a mid year aero package added to take advantage of the rules which allowed a bigger rear wing. If you read the cars description it mentions this.

So its likely they have a wing available to purchase to reflect this. In stock form its setup is like the car at the beginning of the season, with the wing installed its how it was towards the end of the season.

So I dont think its a bug, they've had plenty of time to fix it if it was.
Anyway this car is definately unique.

Back