Cars with unusual traits

• Thread starter Catlin
  • 971 comments
That's a feature called "Dogleg gears". It's a racing car feature that was in VERY few road cars. It was for racing in real life where on the track realistically you'd never use first gear aside from take off, so they put 2-5 in the H pattern.

There are actually quite a few roadcars which have a dogleg gear pattern, most Italian supercars up until they mostly all went with paddle shift gears.
So most classic (and more modern) roadcars from Ferrari and Lamborghini have it (along with countless less well known brands) and for example the BMW 2002 Turbo has it as well apparantly.
The Alfa TZ2 in GT5 also has a dogleg pattern.

Some of these are awesome just bought the lexus GT car with the camera for a rear view mirror :)

Little things like that make this game amazing

I didnt even realise you could flash your lights until i read this thread! Only been playing the game for a year

If you get in a silver chrome car and you go over to the hammerhead end of the top gear test track straight then if you look in the reflection of the chrome then there are cones instead of tires

HksDrifter
If you get in a silver chrome car and you go over to the hammerhead end of the top gear test track straight then if you look in the reflection of the chrome then there are cones instead of tires

It's the same for looking through the rear view mirror

interpunct
The GT Concept by Citroen goes INSANELY fast when going in reverse.

That's because its a fully electric car that doesn't have gears, so it can go backwards just as fast as it can forwards. It's the same with the karts.

The Fiat Barcheta has shifting animation even tough it's a standard with black interior.

This, I speculate, could be due to the GT4 version having an interior, and as such, there might be coding for the driver to change gear in-game... just as in GT4... just my speculation.

Ironically the Prius' brakes feel like.. well.. like they're not there. Love the shift pattern of that old Le-Mans Jag, also that old 10 Million Cr Alfa Romeo is one of the most fun cars to drive in the game because if the fact its incredibly light weight and despite the fact it has not alot of power it's actually pretty quick and mega fun for bouncing off kurbs.

NrburgringGP_D_2.jpg

May had a Mercedes with dog leg gears and he kept putting it in reverse thinking it would be first and hitting the Hammond behind him.

I remember the guy who did the dyno test(rolling road test) said "What is wrong with this car"

This, I speculate, could be due to the GT4 version having an interior, and as such, there might be coding for the driver to change gear in-game... just as in GT4... just my speculation.

Good point. I have to check other convertible standards from GT4 and see if they have it too.

Someone metione the kart peddal animation. But has anyone notice that the rear brake caliper has modeled brakepads on it, and they actually press into the disc when braking!

-As for unusuall, I find the 2J not having unusual things on it, but the whole thing being unusual! Still, it is a very respectable race car.

-The Ferrari 512BB has a very funny and unusual horn, as well as the Countach and the Moroder V16T. Though that´s typical for old Italian exotics.

-The Gallardo gives you the Gas Millage in it´s cluster, which I find quite unusual for a high performance car with a fairly big V10.

-The RS6 sounds almost like a V8, but if you hear closely, you can notice the V10 note. I though they got it wrong, until I heard the real thing. One of the best sounding V10 engines I´ve heard.

-The Mercedes SLS AMG is very unusual. It drives like anything else but a Mercedes. It feels like your´re driving any BMW M. The sharpness of the steering, the grip it has, the oveall lightweight feel to it, the lightning speed gearbox. It even kills the more powerful and expensive SLR. The SLS is so unusual for being a Mercedes Benz. Drives better than you could imagine. WHAT A CAR!!

Has anyone noticed when driving the alfa romeo giulia tz2 carrozzata that under hard braking the skid marks go out in front of the car a bit? it is most noticeable in bumper cam. the coding has the black streaking being put down a couple of feet ahead of the front tires. it is really strange to see it, and can be distracting. not technically an unusual trait of the car, per se, but an unusual trait of the GT5 model of the car anyway.

The Chevrolet Corvette C1 has got a 2-speed "Powerglide" transmission.

It did in GT4 but if I remember correctly it has a 3 or 4 speed box in GT5...EDIT: I was wrong, it's still the 2-speed! I loved driving that in GT4, you could get some great laps just by keeping it in the right power band. Just tried it at Spa in GT5, it seems slower than in GT4 though, I thought it would get some way over 100mph.

Couple more oddities, the 63 Corvette has a really rough engine sound, nothing unusual I guess but it sounds like the engine is missing when you accellerate. Not sure how realistic this is!

And another cool thing PD sadly removed, was that when the game first came out, for the start up sound on the Jaguar E-Type, it didn't start on the first turn, only the second. Now that is realism, but sadly in an early update they overdubbed the start with some generic, odd-sounding kinda F1 engine noise.

Last edited:
Has anyone noticed when driving the alfa romeo giulia tz2 carrozzata that under hard braking the skid marks go out in front of the car a bit? it is most noticeable in bumper cam. the coding has the black streaking being put down a couple of feet ahead of the front tires. it is really strange to see it, and can be distracting. not technically an unusual trait of the car, per se, but an unusual trait of the GT5 model of the car anyway.

That happens in all cars. Take it out to photomode in replay, skid it, take pics of it... I am serious.

That's because its a fully electric car that doesn't have gears, so it can go backwards just as fast as it can forwards. It's the same with the karts.[/QUOTE]

Too bad I can't hit those 200 MPH with it yet.

Too bad I can't hit those 200 MPH with it yet.

Take it to Le Mans with a friend in a X2011. You'll hit 200mph, the poor kart driver didn't look happy though. Maybe because his kart wasn't facing the right way and was bouncing down the road, pushed by a 1,500hp fan car?

It's a shame if they really changed the E-Type startup sound. That was the funniest thing about GT5 apart from the unicorn people in GT Auto.

Take it to Le Mans with a friend in a X2011. You'll hit 200mph, the poor kart driver didn't look happy though. Maybe because his kart wasn't facing the right way and was bouncing down the road, pushed by a 1,500hp fan car?

It's a shame if they really changed the E-Type startup sound. That was the funniest thing about GT5 apart from the unicorn people in GT Auto.

Unicorn people in GTAuto? Wha....?

Unicorn people in GTAuto? Wha....?

They drink up dirty oil and vomit up 25 horsepower.

What else does that?

Also they can rebuild a chassis and engine in record time, manage a smooth start in any car they drive, and man giant precise fans than can re-colour anything they point them at.

HuskyGT
-The Mercedes SLS AMG is very unusual. It drives like anything else but a Mercedes. It feels like your´re driving any BMW M. The sharpness of the steering, the grip it has, the oveall lightweight feel to it, the lightning speed gearbox. It even kills the more powerful and expensive SLR. The SLS is so unusual for being a Mercedes Benz. Drives better than you could imagine. WHAT A CAR!!
What's unusual about that? It's a sports car, it's supposed to be powerful and fast.

Huh, then I wonder if the Toyota Sera has a modeled interior?
I'll be right back.

It doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
They drink up dirty oil and vomit up 25 horsepower.

What else does that?

Also they can rebuild a chassis and engine in record time, manage a smooth start in any car they drive, and man giant precise fans than can re-colour anything they point them at.

hah! they other night i asked my wife if she wanted to see a guy drink dirty oil and spit it back out clean,

also they can pick up and turn a car 180 deg. in a small garage,

also im 98% shur not all cars show the front tire skid marks in bumper view as it is the only view i use and the first and only time i have seen it is in the tank car.

and not a car oddity but in some spots mostly in tunnels tire marks look white

Back