Gran Turismo 5
August 4th, 2010 by Jordan
Remember when we first got the hint that there would be “two collector’s editions” of Gran Turismo 5? It turns out that was correct, as the Signature Edition was just announced today for everyone except residents of the United States. Here’s what you get for €179.99 (pre-order here at Amazon.fr):
- Sculpted metal box, finished with SLS AMG Obsidian Black paint.
- SLS AMG 1:43 model car
- Leather GT-branded wallet with competition entry card (see below)
- GT-branded USB key with a special GT5 trailer
- GT-branded key fob
- Coffee table book featuring the cars and locations of GT5
- 200-page Apex book with driving and tuning tips, discussion of future technologies, and more.
- Five unique “Chrome Line” edition cars (see below).
- The “competition entry card” provided with the wallet grants you access to a special competition – one that combines in-game and real-world challenges, much like the GT Academy. The prize, though, is extraordinary: a real Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG super car of your very own. (More details on this competition will be announced later.)
- Also like the GT Academy, United States, Canadian, and even Japanese fans are out of luck, as the Signature Edition (and the competition) will only be available to residents of the following countries: UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Switzerland, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Czech Republic, Russia, Poland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
Europe also has their own Collector’s Edition coming, which differs slightly from the US version. Here’s what it includes for €79.99:
- A commemorative “slip case” featuring the artwork that was originally spotted in this video.
- The five unique Chrome Line cars (see below).
- Five collectable “art cards”.
These five “Chrome Line” cars will be available as DLC in all special editions of Gran Turismo 5, including the United States:
- Audi R8 5.2 FSI quattro Chrome Line Edition
- BMW M3 Coupe Chrome Line Edition
- Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 Chrome Line Edition
- Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe Chrome Line Edition
- Shelby Cobra 427 Chrome Line Edition
Six more special cars will also be used as pre-order incentives by different retailers around the world:
Thanks to all who sent this in!