With just nine days remaining until the release of the first expansion for Forza Horizon 3, new images have begun to surface giving players a better idea of what’s in store for them when Blizzard Mountain arrives on December 13.
As revealed in the original announcement, the wintry expansion will introduces a new alpine playground full of challenging weather conditions. More than 50 new events and challenges await, including new Bucket List Blueprint and Rivals Events, new bonus boards to smash, and beauty spots.
Of course, seven new rides to take along for the journey are also being added, punctuated by Ken Block’s Gymkhana Focus. There is also an eighth vehicle — a hidden Barn Find — to be discovered. Or, if you don’t mind ruining the surprise, simply scroll down to the gallery below. Consider that your spoiler alert.
Additionally, players can expect to earn 28 new Xbox Live achievements worth 500 Gamerscore, all of which are detailed below.
- Welcome to Base Camp – Open the Blizzard Mountain Festival. (10 GS)
- Just Getting STARted – Earn your first star at Blizzard Mountain. (10 GS)
- Triple Star Performance – Earn 3 Stars at a single route at Blizzard Mountain. (10 GS)
- Ding Ding – Reach Round 2 of King of the Mountain. (10 GS)
- Final Bout – Reach the final round of King of the Mountain. (20 GS)
- Going Supernova – Get every possible star at Blizzard Mountain. (30 GS)
- And Long May They Reign – Complete every single King of the Mountain Race. (20 GS)
- Frozen in Time – Find the Blizzard Mountain Barn Find and Restore it. (10 GS)
- It’s Not Over – Complete a Blizzard Mountain Championship. (10 GS)
- Mountain Mastery – Complete every Blizzard Mountain Championship. (30 GS)
- Hail to the King – Win the Kingmaker. (50 GS)
- Snowboarding – Smash every Blizzard Mountain Bonus Board. (20 GS)
- Winter Wonderland – View every Beauty Spot on Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- Snow and Tell – Blueprint a Blizzard Mountain Bucket List Challenge. (10 GS)
- Needs More Blizzard – Blueprint a King of the Mountain race, set weather to “Blizzard” and complete it. (10 GS)
- Still Never Found That Yeti – Drive down every road in Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- The Ice Breaker – Complete a Blizzard Mountain Bucket List. (10 GS)
- Everyday I’m Shovellin’ – Complete all Blizzard Mountain Bucket Lists. (20 GS)
- Chillin’ With Friends – Complete 20 Online races across Online Freeroam and Online Adventure at Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- Ice to See You – Complete 5 Co-op Blizzard Mountain Races. (10 GS)
- All Downhill from Here – Finish a Mountain Rush Descent race in the 2016 Ford GYMKHANA 9 Focus RS RX in under 2 minutes. (20 GS)
- What’s “Safety”? – Beat the Ski Jump World Record (825ft) from a Danger Sign in the 1975 Lancia Stratos HF Group 4. (20 GS)
- Slip Sliding – Drift the 1985 Lancia Delta S4 Group B for 35,000 points in a Drift Zone on Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- Snowdown – Smash 10 Snowmen in the 2016 Nissan Titan Warrior Concept. (20 GS)
- Personally, I Prefer the Air – Pull off 10 Ultimate Air skills in the RJ Anderson #37 Pro 2 Truck on Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- It’s Still Got It! – Win a Race with a Blizzard in the 1966 Ford F-100 Flareside Abatti Racing Trophy Truck. (20 GS)
- Snowboating – Get 100,000 Score in one Chain in the 2016 Subaru #199 WRX STI VT15r Rally Car on Blizzard Mountain. (20 GS)
- Gliding It Home – Win a King of the Mountain Race without Snow Tires. (10 GS)
Blizzard Mountain will be available as a standalone purchase of $19.99 when released, or included in the Expansion Pass giving players access to one additional expansion at the discounted price of $34.99. Ultimate Edition owners will be given a $10 discount on the Expansion Pass if purchased on or before December 13.
See more articles on Achievements, Forza Horizon 3 DLC, Forza Horizon 3 Game Updates, and Snow.