forza 5 wheels

• Thread starter NoneEvo
  • 194 comments
The lack of a clutch also silly for the fact that Forza seems to make clutch users faster than non-clutch users.

The lack of a clutch also silly for the fact that Forza seems to make clutch users faster than non-clutch users.

Well, button clutching is faster than using an actual clutch as well, so by that logic they're perfectly fine. :P

Why are people remotely surprised that a clutch pedal isn't included on a wheel modeled after a car with no clutch pedal?
Well,
logic has no place on the internet
did I not mention the Mad Catz steering wheel? Does it look cheap? Does the 458 REPLICA steering wheel hint at Microsoft/T10 heading in the right direction (in terms of simplifying the transition to next-gen gaming/racing)? A steering wheel with no clutch pedal for a game that's more casual oriented in the sense that it isn't iRacing and also, features a large number of cars that can/can only be driven in reality - since a lot of people like to simulate reality using a steering wheel in a simulation-based game - using a manual transmission?

I'm not saying that they won't be launching a steering wheel that features a clutch pedal later on or even a launch. But if you take into account the price of this clutch-less REPLICA steering wheel, does it seem plausible that steering wheels with clutch implementation will be More Affordable? Not saying that those will automatically be more expensive, but if this REPLICA steering wheel is so high-tech and doesn't give the option to shift using a clutch pedal, how low of a price can a purpose-built for next-generation steering wheel be sold for?

It's not like this REPLICA is an F1 steering wheel replica (used for something like iRacing or maybe the Formula 1 series) where it would be ludicrous to feature clutch implementation. I guess I expected Microsoft/T10 to first show off steering wheels that feature what I expected, which is a steering wheel that's purpose-built for FM5, the Xbox's premier, top-rated for the last decade racing game that caters to casuals and sim racers alike. Silly me.

Logically, the wheel is designed to be used for games that are stuffed with cars that have clutch pedals. Unless you intend to only ever drive a Ferrari 458 in FM5 and other titles. The omission of a feature is still an omission, even if it makes sense in a certain way. It's a gaming peripheral, not a Ferrari 458.
something something logic and internet something something, :lol:
but the economy sucks, the X1 isn't cheap, steering wheels don't look like they'll be getting any cheaper/More Affordable (since that really old Microsoft steering wheel was the cheapest they cared to offer), Forza isn't iRacing, and I really do hope they come up with something more affordable, even if it doesn't have clutch implementation.

I CARE and HOPE for this to be true for... the sake of competition. No, but really, I would have liked to have been able to play FM5 using my G27 using my brother's X1, which he's getting for the sole purpose of Halo so I would have been able to buy FM5 AT LEAST two years down the line.

The problem is they built a non-enthusiast wheel at an enthusiast price.
Just so very true, and then,
That's it. They're prettied up DFGTs for multiple times the price.
this. And then, you look at the MS steering wheel that was HOW EXPENSIVE? That didn't feature clutch shifting either. And I would have cared to buy FM3 and FM4 had that wheel been cheaper, even though it didn't have a clutch pedal.

My first wheel was the DFGT. Affordable.

Last edited:
Anybody been able to find a pick of the pedals? That's the one thing they haven't shown anywhere. The brand new actual pics of the wheel look awesome. Really hope the pedals are nice.

They just released this week's New feature on Facebook...it's a binder ID sensor on the back off the wheel for use with Kinect.

Was really hoping for some details on the pedals. Hoping to see a clutch pedal and compatibility with the TH8RS shifter. I think that will be included it only makes sense and every single pic and video of the development wheel shows it being used with pedals that have a clutch. Makes no sense that they would have development pedals made that have a clutch and are clearly not T500 pedals.

Latest teaser (#7) from Thrustmasters You Tube channel has revealed that the new TX wheel will have interchangeable wheels, pretty much confirms a new F1 wheel or the very least the current one will fit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFHUVOMaxus&sns=em

New feature of the week just released is a quick release wheel that is interchangeable with other thrustmaster wheels. It also says "get ready to be a part of a full ecosystem"...most exciting feature reveal yet by far! I assume this means the wheel will work with the previously released T500 wheels? Can anyone with a T500 confirm if that's the same type of quick release? I would also infer from the ecosystem comment that we're going to get to use the TH8Rs shifter!

Last edited:
Ok they definitely look like the same hub and plug!!!:

T500 Hub:
Screenshot_2013-10-11-10-41-16.png

New TX Hub:
Screenshot_2013-10-11-10-41-53.png

Any word on compatibility with Fanatec wheels for Xbox One/FM5?

It had already been confirmed that Fanatec wheels will not be compatible with the Xbox One. Thomas said that they would not know if they can produce an adapter until after the system is released.

It had already been confirmed that Fanatec wheels will not be compatible with the Xbox One. Thomas said that they would not know if they can produce an adapter until after the system is released.

I'll get a screwdriver ready to rip that Forza badge off my CSR.

The G27 not working with the XBOne is one thing. It's never been an Xbox wheel, so nobody really bought it in hopes of it working with an Xbox... But, with Xbox compatible wheels, it just seems downright dumb to not be able to use them on the XBOne.

QFT.

If only I could use my $500 Official 360 wheel with the XB1, then I could justify buying the system (eventually) 💡

Jerome

While I also would love to see older generation wheels supported on the X One it certainly is the norm for older gen hardware not to work on the next gen. At least with the Xbox generations it certainly is. One good thing is Fanatec gear seems to be selling for almost retail price on eBay. Maybe a viable option to sell the old gear and cover much if not all of your new wheel cost.

While I also would love to see older generation wheels supported on the X One it certainly is the norm for older gen hardware not to work on the next gen. At least with the Xbox generations it certainly is.

It feels like hardware incompatibility is part of the planning process when MS is coming out with new consoles.

True but the changing tech is bringing huge advancements in the controller and feels of the game. If it's as good as the reviews I'll take the need to get new hardware(not for Forza cause I'll play that with a wheel but for other games of course).

Thrustmaster TX and Madcatz wheel.

http://www.youtube.c..._CVUjQXjA#t=156

10298988645_ce7b36df43_z.jpg

I saw this posted on the ISR forum.

While i'm somewhat disappointed with the shot of the pedals i fully believe that they have to sell some form of pedals with the wheel so these could just be the base pedal set, and with the ecosystem the T500RS pedal set will also work for the higher end users.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

on81cL9.jpg

Yes huge news today! We have a proper high end wheel for the Xbox one! I couldn't be happier! Now I'd just like to see confirmation that T500 components will work. I'm almost certain they will but I'd like to see it official. It would make no sense to change the design.

According to the Thrustmaster TX FB site the TX wheels are now shipping to distributors. They posted a pic of the box: https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterXTeam

I hope that picture is from a warehouse in the US. If so we might actually get them by launch. If that's overseas we likely won't see them till December as most have down as ETAs...

Seeing as only the TX and the Madcatz are the only wheels available you don't have much choice. the TX is Obviously a T500 clone, lets hope they didn't cheap out on it.

Seeing as only the TX and the Madcatz are the only wheels available you don't have much choice. the TX is Obviously a T500 clone, lets hope they didn't cheap out on it.
I'm more on the fence of buying/not buying a wheel in general. If neither of these are worth the price tag they're commanding, I'll just stick to a controller for now.

And there in lies the problem with Forza 5 for me and the entire direction Turn 10 has taken. I know, I'll get crucified, but Forza cut its teeth on being the "real driving simulator" over GT5. And that meant an evolution toward more realistic game and the equipment, which lead to the wonderful Fanatec wheels. Now we're back to the GT4 "Hey look at the pretty movies and cut scenes"

I'm very frustrated with Forza and the entire direction it has taken, its not just the lack of triple screens.

And there in lies the problem with Forza 5 for me and the entire direction Turn 10 has taken. I know, I'll get crucified, but Forza cut its teeth on being the "real driving simulator" over GT5. And that meant an evolution toward more realistic game and the equipment, which lead to the wonderful Fanatec wheels. Now we're back to the GT4 "Hey look at the pretty movies and cut scenes"

I'm very frustrated with Forza and the entire direction it has taken, its not just the lack of triple screens.
We know....

Well, I have been frustrated with the Forza series period. U-Turn 10 stepped back on this one with CSR wheel not working with the new XBOXONEconsole and a MadCatz(More arcade driving Cheap accessories thankz). But, they place bans on people and cannot give you a valid reason. I have a friend, who spent a lot of hours making all of his own designs that should not have been banned. They banned him for 20 years, but a select group of people can get away with any design.

There. Microsoft is to blame 100% there.

For suits counting beans in an office, thinking ''hey! lets make them all buy a brand new 2nd controller by changing our communication format. Knowing that about xx% of XBOXONE buyers will buy a 2nd controller this will make us xx$ amount of money.'' Simple calculation.

Unfortunately suits don't even start to think about those who spent 5-600$ for racing wheels or high end drum kits for Rockband or whatever else. A world of difference with a 40-5-$ controller. And that my friends, suck big time. Don't give me those market laws quote. These filthy rich corporations should take care of their customers.

I guess Thrustmaster may have lobbied to ensure that Fanatec would not get any help or permission to come up with an adapter... or it could be a feud betwen Microsoft and Fanatec but you know: none of my problems! I bought every single edition of Forza and almost every downloadable items made available AND a Fanatec racing kit that made me enjoy Forza so much. I think they should respect that.

Now my accountant tells me that buying an XBOXONE with a new Thrustmaster kit and a FM5 copy would cost me about as much as buying a new gaming PC with Assetto Corsa that would work with my Fanatec kit.

What do I do? : )

Latest Posts

Back