forza 5 wheels

• Thread starter NoneEvo
  • 194 comments
Lack of "enough" support of steering wheels (that are also affordable [G25/G27 price range]), no weather, no endurance races, no pit stops, even less cars with definitely more DLC with this game, less cars with possible/hopefully tracks as DLC, no time change (but who cars about night racing? no one races at night) and there aren't different types or classes of racing. T10 has only focused on physics that, although are good, aren't extended into racing on dirt, rain, snow or flying helicopters or boats.

As Wolfe pointed out, even Dan has stated that they're not looking to be a simulation series, which is obviously not taken word for word, but it is what he was saying. I really would have stuck with FM if MS/T10 were able to keep up with steering wheel support at the very least. Features-wise and content-wise, GT has always stuck out even over Project Cars which I've had for almost a year now and will buy for the simple fact that it'll support the G27.

You obviously prefer quantity over quality. I'm sure gt6 will be decent but I'm the exact opposite.PD does nothing new to inovate, they stayed with PS3, kept roughly the same graphics, their physics have always been behind, and they can't seem to figure out that standard cars(which make up 800 of the 1200 cars in the game) are trash and should be dumped or updated from in some cases their ps2 era models.

T10 decided to make a next gen sim from the ground up. They ditched at the old data and did it the right way. The quality of the tracks and cars in there far exceed anything I've ever seen from a console and rival the best of what I've seen on PC. I've played FM5(at a demo event) and was amazed by the improvements. 200 cars and 14 tracks is a great starting point and is honestly all they could get done in that time frame. So I'll happily take whatever else they can get in with this version via DLC.

They are literally a few years ahead of PD at this point because PD is going to have to scrap everything they've got and start from the ground up for GT7. They 'll have to make a decision of simply porting data like they've done for a long time or going next gen all the way(which I really hope they do).

Looks like we can confirm from these photos that we will not only have PC compatibility but also definite compatibility with the T500 F1 and 458 GTE wheels as well....I wouldn't be surprised if down the road we get a driver for PS4 use:)

Here's the text they listed:

TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition will also be compatible with PC. Check on http://ts.thrustmaster.com/: driver download will be available soon. With this driver, you will be able to update as well your racing wheel firmware, if needed. Your racing wheel’s Firmware version appears in the top right in the Control Panel’s tabs. Firmware: 45 is the latest and recommended version

and the photos:
Screenshot_2013-11-15-12-33-03.png

Screenshot_2013-11-15-12-32-59.png

Screenshot_2013-11-15-12-32-51.png

Compatibility for those people with racing games on the PS4 would be great, but it's down to the developer, unless Microsoft has "exclusivisim" over this (I'm not sure if I'm wrong about that, so correct me if I am). PD had to add full support and compatibility for the G25 and G27 without Logitech's help. I'm not sure about Thrustmaster, but are they less difficult to work with than Fanatec with steering wheel support? I would appreciated any insight about Thrustmaster's or Fanatec's support on these things.

Looks like its the Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition for me for $449.00 tax in, delivered from BestBuy. OUCHIE!!

i still can't decide wether to get a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel for Forza 5 or a G27 for GT6. :confused: I actually did get a minute on a Forza 5 demo (with a controller of course) and it seemed alright (but who am I to judge when i was only on for a minute)

i still can't decide wether to get a Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia wheel for Forza 5 or a G27 for GT6. :confused: I actually did get a minute on a Forza 5 demo (with a controller of course) and it seemed alright (but who am I to judge when i was only on for a minute)
I'd hold off to see full compatibility for the Thrustmaster wheel. If it works on PS3/4 as well, this thing will be any easy choice.

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

First official word on the F1 and 458 GTE T500 rims. Now I just want to see something on the T500 pedals and the TH8RS
If you click on the page you get this:

ECOSYSTEM-READY

Compatible with other detachable Ferrari wheels already available on the market
(Ferrari F1 Wheel Add-On**, Ferrari GTE Wheel Add-On**, etc.)
Compatible with the T3PA** pedal set (Thrustmaster 3 Pedals Add-on)
Compatible with the TH8A** shifter (Thrustmaster TH8 Add-on) featuring 8-speed or sequential gearbox

Is there any Xbox One wheel with clutch or news/rumors?

I was hoping thrustmaster would bring out an all in one t500 quality solution for XO/PS4/PC with clutch

Oh wait, there'a 3 pedal option?

I'd hold off to see full compatibility for the Thrustmaster wheel. If it works on PS3/4 as well, this thing will be any easy choice.

Lol, this wheel will NEVER have PS4 COMPATIBILITY ever, at least not officially. This is an exclusive Xbone wheel, paid royalties to produce it.

Lol, this wheel will NEVER have PS4 COMPATIBILITY ever, at least not officially. This is an exclusive Xbone wheel, paid royalties to produce it.

Hmm, royalties were paid in full here too I think.

epcp-1109-01-o%2BFanatec-CSR-Wheel%2B.jpg

Not forgetting the Turbo S, CSR and GT2.

I don't think Microsoft could care less about the wheels combining PS support as long as they get paid their money.

Last edited:
I honestly don't get whatever point you're trying to make. If the wheel works, it works. Who the hell cares who licensed it?

Yeah, some of the Fanatec wheels work with 360/PS3 and PC.

I need one solution in my rig, don't want to buy two and have to unbolt it each time. I bought the Fanatec Turbo S for that reason.

Anyway, early days yet.

See those big piles of **** on the floor. Try not to put your foot in every single one ;)

As others have said, previous licensed wheels were compatible with PS systems so why not this one. No body has any idea yet whether it will be compatible, so why not just keep shtum until we know, no?

The Fanatec wheels were PS3 compatible out of the box and Microsoft knew this, they were using a modified G27 SDK to make them function. That is not available here, this is being marketed by Mircrosoft officially as its Wheel, big difference from the Fanatec wheels which were 360 compatible. Microsoft basically created this new standard and had Thrustmaster be the company who brought the wheel to the platform. It won't be "Officially" supported on PS4. If you hack it thats another story, but this wheel is exactly as the previous 360 Official wheel, Xbone only. If there is a hack that makes it compatible I'll be picking it up. I sold my CSR Elite.

I also want to make something clear. I'm not a hater of Forza or Microsoft. And usually I'm not a skeptic. But this last fiasco where my rig that cost me over $3k to build and plays 360/PS3/PC is basically become a PC only rig. Now I have to build a rig for the PS4/Xbone and I wish companies would get their head out of their azz and realize that alienating their customer base is bad for business.

If indeed, the wheel market is so small as everyone keeps harping on, then why not make a standard so wheels from all manufacturers can function? Until I see an official announcement I'm going to remain skeptical that this will function on PS4. If it does great, I'll buy it. But I won't buy it on blind faith, as that is just stupid.

Last edited:
The Fanatec wheels were PS3 compatible out of the box and Microsoft knew this, they were using a modified G27 SDK to make them function. That is not available here, this is being marketed by Mircrosoft officially as its Wheel, big difference from the Fanatec wheels which were 360 compatible. Microsoft basically created this new standard and had Thrustmaster be the company who brought the wheel to the platform. It won't be "Officially" supported on PS4. If you hack it thats another story, but this wheel is exactly as the previous 360 Official wheel, Xbone only. If there is a hack that makes it compatible I'll be picking it up. I sold my CSR Elite.

And you know this wheel won't be using a non-modified T500 SDK for PC mode, how? You are still making no sense.

I read some same theories on how the T500 F1 and GT rims wouldn't work because of some supposed Microsoft limitations on another forum too. Turned out to be soooo wrong.

I also want to make something clear. I'm not a hater of Forza or Microsoft. And usually I'm not a skeptic. But this last fiasco where my rig that cost me over $3k to build and plays 360/PS3/PC is basically become a PC only rig.

So your wheel doesn't work on the 360/PS3 now?

Last edited:
The rims will work because its the same connector as. T500, Microsoft has more than likely paid for exclusivity, that is why it more than likely won't work. The official PS4 wheel from Thrustmaster doesn't even have FF. Makes perfect sense actually.

Hmm those pedals look crappy compared to Fanatec's, but brushless motor are a win. I'll definitely be waiting to see a review on how this wheel works (and on multiple platforms) before purchasing. As with all new products, you can also expect a higher defect rate on the initial manufacturing run.

Wheel itself does look decent; is there a mod where Fanatec pedals can be used on the T500's?

I wanted to update my old Fanatec wheel to new one for Xbox 360 and FM4. Good thing I waited since Xbox One wont support it... at least for now.

Anyone one knows if they (fanatec) are working on a new wheel for Xbox one and that will work with PS4 as well?

I wanted to update my old Fanatec wheel to new one for Xbox 360 and FM4. Good thing I waited since Xbox One wont support it... at least for now.

Anyone one knows if they (fanatec) are working on a new wheel for Xbox one and that will work with PS4 as well?
they are working on a new wheel, xbox one support in confirmed. I would be very suprised if it didnt work on the PS4

I really hope so, I just need ONE wheel to run PC, XboxOne and PS4. Gets too expensive sometimes to have a good sim feeling in a game.

they are working on a new wheel, xbox one support in confirmed. I would be very suprised if it didnt work on the PS4

The problem is there is no defined wheel protocol for the PS4 as of right now. Could mean USB-xbox wheels could work out the box if the developers support it, also means Fanatec have no clue if the protocol they use will be supported by the games you choose to play in the future. PS4 situation looking odd right now, and is probably holding back development of a multiplatform fanatec wheel.

The problem is there is no defined wheel protocol for the PS4 as of right now. Could mean USB-xbox wheels could work out the box if the developers support it, also means Fanatec have no clue if the protocol they use will be supported by the games you choose to play in the future. PS4 situation looking odd right now, and is probably holding back development of a multiplatform fanatec wheel.

AFAIK, it is currently up to each developer to enable support for any particular wheel their game will use on the PS4. For example Driveclub has already been confirmed to have T500RS support. Logitech wheels like the DFGT will probably receive support as well. So PS3 users who have decided to be early PS4 adopters will already have wheels they can use for games that care about wheel support.

Switching back and forth between wheels for the PS3 and Xbox 360 was my least favourite part of racing on console, so seeing some support happen for the TX on PS4 would be great, but I don't really see it happening. For one, Thrustmaster hasn't really pushed for that sort of cross-platform usability in the past. Also, PD and Sony will want to have their own brand new official GT wheel, which will have PS4 centric buttons and functionality. Enabling the TX to work on the PS4 can potentially cut into sales for the next high end PS4 wheel, something they will surely avoid.

As sucky as that sounds, there is still some promise in the fact that they are now trying to build up an eco-system for their high end wheel products. This could mean even though we may have to buy a separate wheel for GT7, we will be able to use the same accessories between both wheels, so it will only be a matter of switching out the wheel base when going back and forth between consoles. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they just put out a GT7 PS4 rim for the T500, so I wouldn't have to buy a whole new wheel. As much as I like sim racing, there is only so much room for storing all those things.

AFAIK, it is currently up to each developer to enable support for any particular wheel their game will use on the PS4. For example Driveclub has already been confirmed to have T500RS support. Logitech wheels like the DFGT will probably receive support as well. So PS3 users who have decided to be early PS4 adopters will already have wheels they can use for games that care about wheel support.

This is what I mean, and could be a problem. What if the game you care about only supports the official wheels? We saw what a hassle G25/27 users had to get them fully supported for GT5. Other developers may not be so generous. We just don't know yet.

Enabling the TX to work on the PS4 can potentially cut into sales for the next high end PS4 wheel, something they will surely avoid.

It could. But if they have all or most of the early market share I don't think they will mind :lol:. They could add incentives to buy the PS4-only wheel to make it more attractive to non-multi platform owners. Lower price, better functionality, features or something (some of which the T500 already have over TX). Besides I don't see a higher end wheel from them soon. T500 is already high end for mass market. Maybe a revision though. Brushless motors perhaps.

Ok after putting a lot of hours on the new TX wheel I have to say I'm very very impressed. I picked up my TX wheel from Gamestop yesterday and got it mounted to the new home theater rig I built. I am using it with T500 Pedals which do work perfectly in both the standard and inverted configurations. I've also been using the F1 rim in race cars. I have to say this setup is flat out awesome! So much better than my experiences with the G25, G27 and most recently my Fanatec GT2 with Clubsport pedals. I haven't owned a T500 but I did do a few laps with one. The force feedback seems to be as strong as I remember. It is certainly more than adequate and I had to turn it down to 75% to have it feel realistic. The stock pedals certainly aren't high end, but do feel a bit better than I expected. Matched with my T500 pedals with the Basher mod they are just awesome and honestly feel as nice as my CSP V1s ever did. Here are a few pics:

20131129_145528.jpg

20131129_145519.jpg

And my nephew playing with the F1 wheel:
20131129_175206.jpg

Ok after putting a lot of hours on the new TX wheel I have to say I'm very very impressed. I picked up my TX wheel from Gamestop yesterday and got it mounted to the new home theater rig I built. I am using it with T500 Pedals which do work perfectly in both the standard and inverted configurations. I've also been using the F1 rim in race cars. I have to say this setup is flat out awesome! So much better than my experiences with the G25, G27 and most recently my Fanatec GT2 with Clubsport pedals. I haven't owned a T500 but I did do a few laps with one. The force feedback seems to be as strong as I remember. It is certainly more than adequate and I had to turn it down to 75% to have it feel realistic. The stock pedals certainly aren't high end, but do feel a bit better than I expected. Matched with my T500 pedals with the Basher mod they are just awesome and honestly feel as nice as my CSP V1s ever did. Here are a few pics:

I have several questions. When playing fm5 on TX, are provided if the buttons to look left and right, without using Kinect?

Your previous wheel was Fanatec GT2, it's a good steering wheel, but the feedback on the x360 poor quality (this is not the steering wheel, and a x360), so compare with feedback X1 - incorrectly.But you was connected your 911 Gt2, to PS3 or PC? And as in this case Trustmaster TX feedback, better than the 911 GT2?

I have several questions. When playing fm5 on TX, are provided if the buttons to look left and right, without using Kinect?

Your previous wheel was Fanatec GT2, it's a good steering wheel, but the feedback on the x360 poor quality (this is not the steering wheel, and a x360), so compare with feedback X1 - incorrectly.But you was connected your 911 Gt2, to PS3 or PC? And as in this case Trustmaster TX feedback, better than the 911 GT2?

You can use the buttons to look around while playing . I agree the force feedback on X360 was not good but I did use my GT2 for Gran Turismo and that was certainly better than Fm4. But the TX in FM5 is certainly better than the GT2 on PS3. Smoother, stronger and more immersive IMO.

Back