No OCD Refresh or New Seasonals this week

• Thread starter jmcleod
  • 59 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Go figure......

More complaining.
Sorry, but if you have so much disgust or unsatisfaction with the game (GT5), then quit playing it. No one is holding a gun to your head, making you play, are they? You have your own will-power to find interest in something else, if you're THAT upset with the game. Quit your complaining or gtfo.... my $.02

I am guessing it will probs be done with the update on the 18th

Well, I hope, but their post basically says that it should happen on Wednesdays, and occasionally Tuesdays and Thursdays. If they're going to do it on the 18th, I wish they would just tell us. Then again...

Good thing they gave us that post telling us when they are going to update them !

Yeah...

Sorry, but if you have so much disgust or unsatisfaction with the game (GT5), then quit playing it. No one is holding a gun to your head, making you play, are they? You have your own will-power to find interest in something else, if you're THAT upset with the game. Quit your complaining or gtfo.... my $.02

Um, excuse me? Obviously we love the game, which is why we are upset when there are no seasonal events.

I am guessing it will probs be done with the update on the 18th

Likely reason. If they're bringing out a new update on Friday, they might as well include the new Seasonal Events and update the OCD at the same time.

I didn't even sign on to check. Unless this update solves some problems and adds some content the game has about run it's course with me. Just 3 race to go until I've golded everything.....I hope the rubber band lasts long enough to get me from level 34 to level 40. At least spring is close and it will be time to do some fishing and hiking.

Please complain about my complaining. It's entertaining to me that words on the internet bother you so much.

Go figure......

More complaining.

Lol what is up with you?

Go figure......

More complaining.

Is someone holding a gun to your head making you read threads that you have no interest in other than to start flaming people?

I'd think that the weekly update and patch should be unrelated, but guess not, maybe...

Likely reason. If they're bringing out a new update on Friday, they might as well include the new Seasonal Events and update the OCD at the same time.

Or they don't and the update is only some small bugfixes and doesn't add any new races/events/cars/premiums... nevertheless stay optimistic! One day to go hopefully it's shows up early on the 18th, any specific time mentioned?

still 10 minutes remaining.. jeez

Still not up you lose. They have come out at 10EST every time they have updated.

Now to wait for the inc. flood of people saying we have to wait until tomorrow at 10est or something dumb.

Yep, just gone 4am and nothing. I'm pretty sure last week the seasonals and OCD were updated before 4am, though this may be common knowledge, I try to avoid this part of the forum for all the complaining and meta complaining that goes on.

I was half expecting there to be no update this week, I think we're probably going to get one update every two weeks and the OCD has probably taken a similar pattern. If not that, then it's probably because of the incoming update. I thought Thursday was the 18th, this week is going too slowly... AND I can't even play on the weekend to take advantage of whatever good stuff might happen. Not expecting a whole lot, though.

Still, I'm sure KY gets plenty of tweets moaning that the updates they informed us of a couple of weeks ago (i.e. that the seasonals would be updated at 4am from now on, and in three weeks have been updated just once) just aren't happening, so I'm not sure why he seems to reluctant to communicate these things a little more accurately. If that note had said 'seasonals are now updated at 4am every other week', then I think PD's image would be a bit improved over what it is now.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Must stop staying up for this stuff.

Still, I'm sure KY gets plenty of tweets moaning that the updates they informed us of a couple of weeks ago (i.e. that the seasonals would be updated at 4am from now on, and in three weeks have been updated just once) just aren't happening, so I'm not sure why he seems to reluctant to communicate these things a little more accurately. If that note had said 'seasonals are now updated at 4am every other week', then I think PD's image would be a bit improved over what it is now.

On that note, I'm going to bed. Must stop staying up for this stuff.

Couple of things
1 - PD should get a marketing dept rather than relying on tweets in japanese only
2 - if you got up early, you'd get a load more sleep :)

Things are going beyond the absurd at PD... These guys obviously don't care much about honoring their word, after all, it is only a video game, a pretty sellable video game that happens to be an already huge income maker for them.

That is just it, maybe we should just learn and never expect them to honor their word, let alone expect something awesome...

:(

speedracer_-44
I didn't even sign on to check. Unless this update solves some problems and adds some content the game has about run it's course with me. Just 3 race to go until I've golded everything.....I hope the rubber band lasts long enough to get me from level 34 to level 40. At least spring is close and it will be time to do some fishing and hiking.

Please complain about my complaining. It's entertaining to me that words on the internet bother you so much.

Just quit!

Move on!

I was excited enough to check. I didn't buy the game to let a rubber band race for me. If you don't care enough to drive yourself then just move on.

Just quit!

Move on!

I was excited enough to check. I didn't buy the game to let a rubber band race for me. If you don't care enough to drive yourself then just move on.

This sounds like a complaint about GT5 including B Spec. Well, if you hate the game so much...lol

This sounds like a complaint about GT5 including B Spec. Well, if you hate the game so much...lol
I've never played a game so much where you're not actually playing the game and you have to continue to not play the game over and over again so that you can level up in the game. :confused:

I'm at level 25 B-spec, bordering on level 26 and I still don't get the point. :) lol.

I've never played a game so much where you're not actually playing the game and you have to continue to not play the game over and over again so that you can level up in the game. :confused:

I'm at level 25 B-spec, bordering on level 26 and I still don't get the point. :) lol.

point is to bore you for a very long time , so you think the game is long.. think if there was no b-spec.. what would happen?
endurances are pointless too as someone mentioned before.. go to arcade mode & make a 99lap race , you have an endurance

now they updated with Formula challenges.. everybody thinks the game rocks because its getting supported..
but the truth is you payed for the game that already has the formula cars .. so you should have the challenges in A-SPEC mode already & be able to play offline

i have a slowass connection & everytime seasonal gets updated it doesnt take more than 1minute for me to connect to the server actualy get updated..

you know what that means right? that means its very easy for them to make events because its all in very very small sizes..
but they didnt involved the events in the game so people think PD is supporting the game..

its either that or the events actually come with the update patches that we get.. like the one before that was 600MB..
we will know that tomorrow thou.. if the update tomorrow is heavy in size but overwrites over the last update.. that means we get the seasonal;s with update patches & we should expect patches everynow & then

Last edited:
Go figure......

More complaining.

People are only responding to what PD said they would do. No one held a gun to their head and made them promise, they did so of their own free will. So when they fail to live up to their OWN WORDS two weeks in a row people have a right to complain. Especially after waiting SIX YEARS for a game that needs seasonals added after three months to keep people interested and still hasnt got the features listed on the box that we paid for.

If someone promises something I want them to keep that promise, PD havent ergo the right to bring them to task on it. And I know its plus or minus one day as per the announcement but still, they arent doing what they said they would. Its fanboys like you, who would go shoulder deep in Kaz's lower colon if he ever came to a sudden halt, that should give your heads a wobble.

No doubt you will be wetting yourself with excitement at whatever non features we get tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back