On which plattform do you think/do you want GT6 to be released?

• Thread starter ch3ng
  • 636 comments

PS3 or PS4?

• I want a PS3 release, but think it'll be on PS4

Votes: 167 28.1%
  • I want a PS3 release and think it'll be released on PS3

Votes: 200 33.7%
  • I want a PS4 release and think it'll be released on PS4.

Votes: 141 23.7%
  • I want a PS4 release, but think it'll be on PS3

Votes: 42 7.1%
  • I don't care

Votes: 44 7.4%

• Total voters
Well, that depends. If you can easily transfer GT5's coding to the PS4, then yes. But we don't know, do we?
We don't know for sure, but we do have some rather strong indicators. Sony themselves have said that the issues with coding for the PS3 was the raeson they worked on the PS4 with the development community to ensure it is straightforward to code for by using know PC-based architecture. The chances of code being easy to transfer from the PS3 to the PS4 would seem (based on what has been said about the PS4) to be rather low.

Assets can be reused as these will be fairly independent of the code, but the actual core of GT5 (i.e. the physics engine, AI, etc) seems to be a lot less likely.

Remember, this is SPECULATION, not hard fact. But I'm basing my speculation on what I believe to be the most reliable information available.
Are you?

The only information we have is that the SCEE SVP said it was a PS3 title; we have no information at all linking it to the PS4. We have one piece of information from an official source linking it to the PS3 and none at all linking it to the PS4. Based on the most reliable information available the only logical conclusion is that its a PS3 title, however what I would agree is that we don;t know at all (and neither would surprise me).

Quakebass
Ok... So now there's a chance it could be cross-platform on the Vita...

But PS3 is pretty much out of this discussion by now, despite what you want. Fact overrides opinion.

According to this post above you were stating fact.

Now your stating speculation you cant have it both ways.

The only information we have is that the SCEE SVP said it was a PS3 title; we have no information at all linking it to the PS4. We have one piece of information from an official source linking it to the PS3 and none at all linking it to the PS4. Based on the most reliable information available the only logical conclusion is that its a PS3 title, however what I would agree is that we don;t know at all (and neither would surprise me).

And here is information for a PS4 release.

Every Sony-Owned Studio is Working on PS4 Games

Now we know nothing again. :sly:

Well think of it like this people… Didn’t Sony announce that the ps4 will be backwards compatible for ps3 games? I really don’t understand why, but I think that PD is going to hold out on GT6 until the release of the ps4. Sure they’re releasing it as a ps3 game, but maybe they’re trying to stay on the “safe” side of things since gt5′s conundrum release. (Metaphorically) It’s like they’re releasing gran turismo 2 (ps1 platform) for the ps2. More conservative if anything…

According to this post above you were stating fact.

Now your stating speculation you cant have it both ways.

I didn't word that well... I should have used the word "evidence" rather than fact - it was more of a response to those posting with out looking at any evidence (which there were quite many) and basing more on what they wanted. They were posting about their pockets, not Sony's mindset.

And this was before the GT6 on PS3 leak... So now it's all up in the air for me. Then, it wasn't. I'm not going to enforce my beliefs of what will happen in the future until I see more info, since as I stated, there's a lot in in the air now. It's too hard to tell after this "leak".

Quakebass
I didn't word that well... I should have used the word "evidence" rather than fact - it was more of a response to those posting with out looking at any evidence (which there were quite many) and basing more on what they wanted. They were posting about their pockets, not Sony's mindset.

And this was before the GT6 on PS3 leak... So now it's all up in the air for me. Then, it wasn't. I'm not going to enforce my beliefs of what will happen in the future until I see more info, since as I stated, there's a lot in in the air now. It's too hard to tell after this "leak".

Yeah I am holding back until confirmation to many rumors running around.

Back