◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,801 comments
Last time I was in Monaco I wasn't best guy on track, fact!
So I work hard last 2 weeks. Guess were? Yeap. Monaco!
Results: Pole/1st on race 1 with 10s gap and 3rd on race 2.
I don't blame the point system since I've seeing similar times like mine during quail. I blame myself because I didn't work hard before.

BTW, I did the same with 3 combos: Practice. After all I did 5 in 6.

I'm more so making note of the dominance happening in Divisions 4-8. If someone dominates D5, is then moved up to D4 where they dominate again, then I think it highlights a massive flaw in the placement formula.

You haven't indicated how he finished the reverse grid races. I'm not disagreeing with you...just saying what it usually takes for midseason promotion.
I agree, to a point. But when you're driving around a track like Monaco with drivers who are 1-4 seconds slower a lap than you, its gonna make it a lot easier to make mistakes.

I'm going to step in and end this discussion because it isn't going to end up anywhere good. The driver in question finished on the podium in all six races. His lap times were much faster than the rest of the division. He most likely will be moved mid season unless I watch the replays and see that everyone just crashed around him.

As for qualifying times, don't put too much stock in them. Things happen in qualifying that don't happen in the race, you can tell when you see cones flying at Silverstone, and some guys are really good at running laps alone and not so good running laps with others on the track.

I'm going to step in and end this discussion because it isn't going to end up anywhere good. The driver in question finished on the podium in all six races. His lap times were much faster than the rest of the division. He most likely will be moved mid season unless I watch the replays and see that everyone just crashed around him.

As for qualifying times, don't put too much stock in them. Things happen in qualifying that don't happen in the race, you can tell when you see cones flying at Silverstone, and some guys are really good at running laps alone and not so good running laps with others on the track.

This isn't just one driver though. Most of the prize winners for the past month have all been dominant in their divisions.

I also don't see a point in curbing a civil discussion about league policies. We aren't threatening a strike, just bring to light some issues that I know other drivers have. Every week we get a "so and so doesn't beling in D-whatever"

I think that means we should at least discuss it.

This was me last night in D8 at Silverstone. I was 3+ seconds faster in qualifying, then won race 1 by like 24 seconds. But in race 2, I struggled to get past other cars, spun trying to be too aggressive and got bumped and ended up 3rd. I know racing in traffic is what I need to work on, and this is true for others as well.

This can happen easily if someone sandbags their initial driving test. Or, they just got better. Either way, they will get moved to a different division as necessary...over time. You can't accurately place everyone the first time...too many factors involved.

But you also have to move people one division at a time. If you think someone needs to jump two divisions then they really sandbagged their initial driving test.

Either way, relax, way too many factors involved here to get everyone exactly right on the first placement.

This isn't just one driver though. Most of the prize winners for the past month have all been dominant in their divisions.

I also don't see a point in curbing a civil discussion about league policies. We aren't threatening a strike, just bring to light some issues that I know other drivers have. Every week we get a "so and so doesn't beling in D-whatever"

I think that means we should at least discuss it.

I'll discuss. The only tools in existence for placing drivers in their division is past performance. Weather that performance is in the time trial or in the weekly races, it's all we have to go on. If a driver performs much better than the division they are in, we take a look at the lap times (when they are there) to determine if that individual should be moved up or not. Going forward, I will go as far as watching replays of the races when there is a question about moving a driver mid season. This can be done now that the replays are working. In the lower divisions, it is often a case of just staying on the track will get you to the front of the field. Sometimes they guy that can stay clean for the night ends up with a dominating performance even though they may not win all the poles or even have the fastest laps in the room for the night.

It is also impossible to tell how much any individual driver is going to practice the combos for the week or what combo might be in a drivers "sweet spot".

The point here is that there is no way to predict the future. If you have a way to predict it, please let us all know so we can play our state's individual lotteries and all retire. We can only look at what a driver has done in the past and try to get them in the right spot.

This league more than doubled in size in one month. Multiple new divisions were created and over one third of the leagues drivers were moved between divisions for this season. If one or two drivers ended up in the wrong spot, I don't see that as a huge issue especially when there was really no indication, based on past performance, that any of the dominant drivers from this week would perform as well as they did.

Chalk it up to a driver using the two weeks to prepare for the races. How did you spend your two weeks? I know I didn't put more than 10 laps in for any of the combos and my performance showed it.

This can happen easily if someone sandbags their initial driving test. Or, they just got better. Either way, they will get moved to a different division as necessary...over time. You can't accurately place everyone the first time...too many factors involved.

But you also have to move people one division at a time. If you think someone needs to jump two divisions then they really sandbagged their initial driving test.

Either way, relax, way too many factors involved here to get everyone exactly right on the first placement.

Totally relaxed. I had a great time last night! Lost the nights championship taking a calculated risk into the Arena in the last race! Very exciting!!

I'll discuss. The only tools in existence for placing drivers in their division is past performance. Weather that performance is in the time trial or in the weekly races, it's all we have to go on. If a driver performs much better than the division they are in, we take a look at the lap times (when they are there) to determine if that individual should be moved up or not. Going forward, I will go as far as watching replays of the races when there is a question about moving a driver mid season. This can be done now that the replays are working. In the lower divisions, it is often a case of just staying on the track will get you to the front of the field. Sometimes they guy that can stay clean for the night ends up with a dominating performance even though they may not win all the poles or even have the fastest laps in the room for the night.

It is also impossible to tell how much any individual driver is going to practice the combos for the week or what combo might be in a drivers "sweet spot".

The point here is that there is no way to predict the future. If you have a way to predict it, please let us all know so we can play our state's individual lotteries and all retire. We can only look at what a driver has done in the past and try to get them in the right spot.

This league more than doubled in size in one month. Multiple new divisions were created and over one third of the leagues drivers were moved between divisions for this season. If one or two drivers ended up in the wrong spot, I don't see that as a huge issue especially when there was really no indication, based on past performance, that any of the dominant drivers from this week would perform as well as they did.

Chalk it up to a driver using the two weeks to prepare for the races. How did you spend your two weeks? I know I didn't put more than 10 laps in for any of the combos and my performance showed it.

I'm not trying to come across as being difficult, just bored on a Monday with only 1 combo to practice. Sorry if I'm ruffling too many feathers.

I agree that placing someone accurately is difficult to do, but just because someone placed in a low division for their driving test, but then consistently wins doesn't mean that they intentionally sandbagged. There are plenty of people that are terrible at time trials/qualifying but can regularly win during races, and vice versa.

I came back in January from a year+ hiatus from GT5. I was quick in GT5 but not GT-Academy quick. However I was consistent if anything, rarely going off course in online races.

When I got GT6 for Christmas, I did some A-spec for about a week then I did 15 laps at Laguna, no more, no less for the qualifier. Over the past month I have learned a little more about the physics of GT6 and had to adjust my driving style considerably. My first few weeks I had some tough competition in D5 but as I gained experience and combos began to suit my driving style, I started to pull away. I thought moving up to D4 was going to be a challenge and I practiced quite a bit last week to prepare.

Am I D2-D3 material? Probably. I don't mind earning my way up the ladder to see where I fit best.

Feathers unruffled ;)

I was just trying to say that there are a lot of factors involved in placement and they don't promote mid-season based on a single night of dominance.

I agree that placing someone accurately is difficult to do, but just because someone placed in a low division for their driving test, but then consistently wins doesn't mean that they intentionally sandbagged. There are plenty of people that are terrible at time trials/qualifying but can regularly win during races, and vice versa.

Yea, I wasn't trying to say it was easy :)

I think I am the opposite. I'm really quick in qualifying but I tend to fall to pressure once I've hit the podium. I think I've podiumed the last 6 sprint races without a win, most of them starting on the front row :(

Seems everytime I hit 3rd in a reverse grid, I do something stupid that ends up costing me big points.

Absolutely @JoeW. Another factor to consider is how many people showed up. There were only 9 drivers in D4 last night. So I only had to pass 6 cars to get podium. If we had 16 of the best D4 drivers on the grid, the results would have been different for sure. Each reverse-grid race there was the typical accident involving 2 to 3 cars. I get around that and only have to pass 3 or 4 cars to secure a podium.

Congratulations to Nick McMillen..
From Virtual to Reality..
From S.N.A.I.L. to GT Academy Champion!!

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

From left to right:
Christopher Hill (Runner-Up), Nick McMillen (Champion), Brian Marsteller (3rd Place)

Congrats to all the SNAILs who advanced to the GT Academy Silverstone finals!
iEdDnsw.jpg

From left to right:
Martin Sprau, Dan Reude, Brian Marsteller, Joey Barbato, Nick McMillen, Doug Hawkins, Christopher Hill

Click the logo below for details on the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!!

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.
Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible with minimal prep time required. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific (we also have a new West Coast time slot starting at 9pm Pacific!!), but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different
There are five things that we offer that you won't find anywhere else. First of all, we provide our members with the most evenly-matched competition possible. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established S.N.A.I.L. as an ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you like to keep track of your improvement, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. On top of that, if you like to have a say in what cars and tracks you race, we feature an interactive process that allows your voice to be heard. And finally, we're the only league where our members win valuable prizes just for showing up to race! What more could you ask for?!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in S.N.A.I.L. by dividing our drivers into eight separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Preparation for GT Academy
If you have your eye on competing in GT Academy one day, there is no better place than S.N.A.I.L. to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of this year's GT Academy Silverstone Finalists race in S.N.A.I.L. (click here if you want advice directly from one of them). However, even if you don't aspire to win GT Academy someday, it's still great to be able to get tips and advice from many of the best drivers around. Regardless if you're a professional racer or a casual gamer, we can provide you with the perfect environment to learn and get faster!

Win Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. And if you want to help organize our league, you can join TEAM S.N.A.I.L. and earn even more prizes such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), electronic/gaming hardware (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and other Gran Turismo related items (e.g. GTPEDIA).

Spec Racing
S.N.A.I.L. was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: The three prize winners' votes do not count towards the car/track elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The tie-breaking vote if the elimination vote results in a tie

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our S.N.A.I.L. Results document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-5. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-4. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 5 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of division you're are assigned. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

Absolutely @JoeW. Another factor to consider is how many people showed up. There were only 9 drivers in D4 last night. So I only had to pass 6 cars to get podium. If we had 16 of the best D4 drivers on the grid, the results would have been different for sure. Each reverse-grid race there was the typical accident involving 2 to 3 cars. I get around that and only have to pass 3 or 4 cars to secure a podium.

Congratulations to Nick McMillen..
From Virtual to Reality..
From S.N.A.I.L. to GT Academy Champion!!

nick-mcmillen-podium-ceremony-win-638x425.jpg

From left to right:
Christopher Hill (Runner-Up), Nick McMillen (Champion), Brian Marsteller (3rd Place)

Congrats to all the SNAILs who advanced to the GT Academy Silverstone finals!
iEdDnsw.jpg

From left to right:
Martin Sprau, Dan Reude, Brian Marsteller, Joey Barbato, Nick McMillen, Doug Hawkins, Christopher Hill

Click the logo below for details on the Allen Berg Racing Schools Challenge!!

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L.
Our mission is to provide our members with the cleanest and most competitive racing experience possible with minimal prep time required. No matter what your skill level is, we will provide you with a full grid of similarly-skilled drivers to compete against. It's our belief that close racing is not only exciting, but is also the best way to improve your skill and refine your racecraft! We have our official league night every Sunday night at 9:30pm Eastern / 6:30pm Pacific (we also have a new West Coast time slot starting at 9pm Pacific!!), but we also have a full schedule of events held on every night of the week. If this sounds like something you'd like to be a part of, please keep reading to learn more about our league and how to join us.

What Makes Us Different
There are five things that we offer that you won't find anywhere else. First of all, we provide our members with the most evenly-matched competition possible. In fact, the intense level of competition that we produce has established S.N.A.I.L. as an ideal place to prepare for GT Academy. And if you like to keep track of your improvement, you'll be glad to know that we keep the most comprehensive race data available on GTPlanet. On top of that, if you like to have a say in what cars and tracks you race, we feature an interactive process that allows your voice to be heard. And finally, we're the only league where our members win valuable prizes just for showing up to race! What more could you ask for?!

Evenly-Matched Competition
Have you ever watched a professional race where drivers with completely different skill levels were competing on the same track? Of course not! That wouldn't be fun to watch, let alone fun to participate in. Unfortunately, that disparity of pace is something you'll often find in organized online racing. When this happens, you'll be lucky to just a few drivers that you're truly competitive with. Everyone else will usually either be faster or slower than you. We prevent that from happening in S.N.A.I.L. by dividing our drivers into eight separate divisions based on speed and skill. This results in full grids of evenly-matched competition and creates the closest and most intense sim racing experience around!

Preparation for GT Academy
If you have your eye on competing in GT Academy one day, there is no better place than S.N.A.I.L. to hone your skills to the elite levels necessary to make it to the finals. You need to be the best of the best to make it to Silverstone, and that's exactly what the drivers in our top division are. Half of this year's GT Academy Silverstone Finalists race in S.N.A.I.L. (click here if you want advice directly from one of them). However, even if you don't aspire to win GT Academy someday, it's still great to be able to get tips and advice from many of the best drivers around. Regardless if you're a professional racer or a casual gamer, we can provide you with the perfect environment to learn and get faster!

Win Valuable Prizes
Have you ever wished you could win free stuff just for having fun? If so, then you might want to know that our members win valuable real-world prizes just for racing with us! These prize are based on participation and not on race results. Some examples of prizes our members have won include a GranStand Cockpit, a ButtKicker Gamer2, a GranStand Wheel Stand, and a Wireless ButtKicker Kit. And if you want to help organize our league, you can join TEAM S.N.A.I.L. and earn even more prizes such as shirts (e.g. S.N.A.I.L. shirt, F1 shirt, GT Academy shirt), electronic/gaming hardware (e.g. Hauppauge PVR), sim racing equipment (e.g. Playseat Evolution), and other Gran Turismo related items (e.g. GTPEDIA).

Spec Racing
S.N.A.I.L. was the first GTPlanet league to prohibit tuning in all of our races. This combined with the fact that we race in the same cars produces a type of racing called "spec" racing. Spec racing ensures that success is determined solely by driving skill and not by differences in car power, gearing, suspension, weight, or aerodynamics. Because variables in the car are eliminated, spec racing is the truest measure of driver skill! It also produces intense battles for position because all of the cars are equally strong or weak in the same areas of the track. Another benefit of spec racing is that you'll never spend time tuning cars or wondering if someone is truly faster than you or if they just have a better tune.

Race Format
Our league night lasts for two hours and is split into three rounds. Each round consists of two races that last 10 to 12 minutes on a predetermined car and track combo. At the beginning of each round, a brief qualifying session determines the order of the starting grid. The first race is set to 'Fastest First' to reward the best qualifiers and the second race is set to 'Reverse Grid' in order to promote on-track action. Points are awarded based on our "perfect" points system. After a round is completed, we move on to the next round and repeat the same process with the next car and track combination. Once all three rounds are complete, we tally up the points and then let our interactive format kick in.

Interactive Process
Our unique format allows everyone to have a say on which cars and tracks we race. It is also used to strike a balance between familiarity and variety of cars and tracks. In other words, the progression of cars and tracks that we race is slow enough for us to learn them well, but fast enough that they don't get "old". At the end of league night, everyone votes on which car and track combo they enjoyed the least. The combo that receives the most "elimination votes" is dropped from the lineup entirely. The combo that receives the second most votes is also dropped, but only partially. This is where our prizes play an important role in our interactive format.

Prizes
A prize is awarded to the divisions winners with the three highest scores. The division winner with the highest score gets Prize A. The division winner with the second highest score gets Prize B. The division winner with the third highest score gets Prize C: (NOTE: The three prize winners' votes do not count towards the car/track elimination vote)
Prize A: The right to select the new car and track combo to replace the combo that was voted off
Prize B: The right to replace either the car or the track of the combo that received the second most votes
Prize C: The tie-breaking vote if the elimination vote results in a tie

Promotion and Relegation
Although we split our drivers into separate divisions based on performance and skill level, we realize that our drivers are constantly improving and deserve a chance to climb the ladder of success. That's why we promote and relegate drivers before every season based on the results and data compiled during the previous season. This is also done to ensure that our races are as competitive as possible for all of our league members, top to bottom. Regardless of which division you're in, you will almost always be fighting to gain or defend a position on the track. Simply put, no other Gran Turismo league in the world can offer this much competitive racing to so many different skill levels.

Comprehensive Race Data
It's not always accurate to promote and relegate drivers based on championship points alone. That's why the massive amounts of data we track are invaluable to our league. You'd be hard-pressed to find a sim racing league anywhere in the world that tracks driver data and race results more comprehensively than we do. In fact, our S.N.A.I.L. Results document contains so much information that we have to archive old data to avoid exceeding the GoogleDoc's maximum capacity! You can use this data to track the points championship for each season and compare yourself to other drivers in categories such as fast laps, total race pace, total points, average points per race, and power rankings.

Rules
We expect all drivers to follow our OLR Rules and pursue good racecraft at all times. If you're not sure what good racecraft is, watch this video. It can be summed up in one simple 'Golden Rule' of motorsports: It is the responsibility of the overtaking driver, meaning the car that is attempting to execute the pass, to make sure that the pass is made cleanly and incident free. If you don't agree with this rule or don't think it applies to you, this is not the league for you. If you ever feel like a driver is not following the rules, please wait until league night is over, then file a Racing Incident Report. Our Stewards will review the incident and enforce the appropriate penalty on the driver in question.

Settings
All league settings are default unless noted below:
Boost: Off
Penalty: Weak (and Effective for Free Run) in Divisions 2-5. (Penalties OFF for D1 only)
Race Finish Delay: 90sec
Visible Damage: Off
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream Strength: Real
Tire Wear/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction: Real
Vehicle Tuning: Prohibited
Driving Aids: Only ABS allowed in Divisions 1-4. (ABS, TCS, and Driving Line are allowed in Division 5 only)
Tire Restrictions: (based on Dealership PP)
Street Cars
below 450 PP -> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500 PP & up --> Sports Softs

Race Cars
below 600 PP -> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Tuner Cars
Classified as either Street or Race cars based on this list

How To Join Us
Step 1: Post a request to join (do not PM me, just post your request on this thread)
Step 2: Watch the thread for a reply to your post (it will include detailed Time Trial instructions)
Step 3: Purchase the three cars listed in the latest lineup below
Step 4: Get an oil change on each car, but do not do anything else to the car (e.g. add parts or reduce weight)
Step 5: On Sunday night, join the room number of division you're are assigned. It will be posted on this thread 15 minutes before the races start.
If you are not sure which division you are assigned to, please check the Offical Driver List

Hi,
I Would Be Interested In Joining.
Thanks!

Is there not a "set in stone" pre set rule, or system in which it's decided wether a driver is better/worse than his current division?

No, there is not. There are entirely too many variables to even attempt to set something in stone to say when someone is to be moved up.

@covan2306 - this is it.

Consider number of drivers in a division as another thought - having 2 grids of 14 and 2 other divisions at 7-8 isn't great either. Many, many variables.

@kcheeb, post: 9297530
Announcing the February Lineup for S.N.A.I.L. SPEC Racing

The February Tab of the Results Document has been updated with driver movement for the month of February.

Thanks to @JLBowler for providing new insight to Promotion and Relegation.
@Oshawa-Joe will have the Drivers List updated shortly.
@ExoSphere64 will make sure our rooms run like clockwork next week. Team S.N.A.I.L. needs you :D

To all the S.N.A.I.L.s that drive week after week, Thank You! Look at all the One and Two Year trophies on our drivers list :D

There's no clear cut formula for getting promoted or relegated. With January behind us and quite a bit more data at our fingertips, we're confident you'll be in much closer racing this month. As was said last month, if we've made a mistake placing anyone WE WILL ACT QUICKLY to rectify the issue 👍

We take into account a number of factors to determine candidates for promotion and relegation. Once we've identified the drivers, we analyze the data at our disposal and make sure the people being moved fit into the Division they're being moved to. Then we pull the trigger :dopey:

Some of the criteria for being ELIGIBLE to be moved are:

1. Points for the month
2. How many drivers are in each division.
3. Race pace
4. Individual Lap Times
5. How you compare to other racers in your division and the division you're a candidate for.
6. Number of times you've raced that month.
7. How cleanly you've raced this past month.

Why do we do this?

1. To get you involved in races you will be racing in, not just putting in laps.
2. To incent you to improve your driving and racecraft.
3. To give you something to strive for.
4. To make it possible for you to have fun playing GT6.
5. Give the servers a break.

We want you to be in good, close, clean racing 👍

If you have any questions or concerns about promotion or relegation, feel free to pm me. I'd be more than happy to talk to you about it.

Cheers and good racing all!

kcheeb---- End Quote

From a few weeks ago, but here's your formula on How We Do It.

Hi,
I Would Be Interested In Joining.
Thanks!
@RebelYeller73,
Thanks for your interest!
We would love to have you in the league. Here's what you need to know and do in order to join:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the S.N.A.I.L. OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You take the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and Racecraft Test

2. You run the Time Trial and submit your information by midnight EST on Saturday night if you want to race this Sunday.

3. @JLBowler PM's you with your assigned Division that we feel will give you the closest competition. You will be added to the drivers list.

4. The Race Director or Primary Host from the corresponding SNAIL Division will send you a PSN friend request. Sunday night you will need to sort the online lobbies by friends and join the lobby named 'snailracing.org Division_(x) based off your Division placement from JLBowler. That lobby will be where you race Sunday.

5. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

The original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, please follow the instruction contained here.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.

Welcome to S.N.A.I.L. :cheers:

To all in SNAIL Nascar Monday we have a full field of 16 drivers.
Quik ??? G27 FFB good at 7 or should I have it higher.

Last edited:
Just to elaborate on guys that are thought to be in the wrong division. I just watched replays of all races from a division that had a driver make up 25 positions in the reverse grid races. On the surface, you would think he is just driving through the field and is in the wrong division.

He passed 3 cars that were on the track and at speed. That's right, 3, every other position he made up was the result of a mistake made by another driver that allowed an easy pass either by being off the track completely or drastically slowed and out of the racing line. This means that the other members of his division essentially gave him 22 points without a fight over the course of the night. That right there is what turns an average night into a prize winning night.

I wouldn't exactly call that dominating a division. I would call it surviving a division by avoiding the chaos in front of you.

Just to elaborate on guys that are thought to be in the wrong division. I just watched replays of all races from a division that had a driver make up 25 positions in the reverse grid races. On the surface, you would think he is just driving through the field and is in the wrong division.

He passed 3 cars that were on the track and at speed. That's right, 3, every other position he made up was the result of a mistake made by another driver that allowed an easy pass either by being off the track completely or drastically slowed and out of the racing line. This means that the other members of his division essentially gave him 22 points without a fight over the course of the night. That right there is what turns an average night into a prize winning night.

I wouldn't exactly call that dominating a division. I would call it surviving a division by avoiding the chaos in front of you.
All drivers make mistakes. Being dominant is about being in the right position to capitalize on those mistakes. Every pass, including whatever 3 you identified, was the result of another driver's mistake be it small or large. However, it was not a mistake that I was close enough every time to sneak by. That's my style though. I'm not going to push someone out or aggressively pass them when they are doing their best to hit their marks. I'll wait until they open the door...and when I come up along side them they know why.

All drivers make mistakes. Being dominant is about being in the right position to capitalize on those mistakes. Every pass, including whatever 3 you identified, was the result of another driver's mistake be it small or large. However, it was not a mistake that I was close enough every time to sneak by. That's my style though. I'm not going to push someone out or aggressively pass them when they are doing their best to hit their marks. I'll wait until they open the door...and when I come up along side them they know why.
I used to be the aggressive type. Hoping I could cause the one in front to crack under the pressure. More often then not, I got myself into trouble and into a wall or out in the lawn lookin for sand... man. After I cut that crap out though, and started taking it cool, I noticed I placed better. there is a lot to say about being consistent. Al of it good.

Back