1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Created this video for your viewing pleasure:

Needs more lighting, though. A lot of them. :lol:

I'll say, the panning effects are nice. It shows you care enough about your collection to avoid just filming them from a fixed perspective like a lazy bum.

The lighting can use some work though, yes. I know you love the Blackbird, but there's no need to turn every single of your scale model cars into one... :lol:

Late edit: What is this? Another Tomica Seibu Keisatsu car? It's a rad-looking Nissan Gazelle, that much I can say...

Last edited:
IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1565.jpg

Any other places to pre-order or just...wait to order the Tomica Premium Supra and R33? By the time I was hoping to pre order, they closed the orders. On Amiami...

Don't think I bought enough Tomicas here, might go pick up the Toyota Sienta, Land Cruiser, and...maybe some more.

Created this video for your viewing pleasure:

Needs more lighting, though. A lot of them. :lol:

You make me look poor AF. Also, why do you take the 1:64's and 1:43's off the bases? I would never unscrew mine from the bases, unless I really had to in the interest of space saving.

All of a sudden I want to stop buying Pokemon cards.

I didn't even notice the differences in the Fiat castings until now. Shows how much I pay attention, eh? :lol: Very cool. 👍

@domalorite Japanese collectors on Twitter mentioned how rare it was for the initial special release to not only have the special color, but also different mold from the following releases. Special version does look bit cooler with the fog lights. :D

The detail on this is nearly TLV standard. Both the front and rear badge are raised. I tried to take a photo of the badges but my iPhone can't get that close. The choice of colour could have been better although the matte paintwork looks cool.

Beautiful @VXR 👍

I just posted something that arrived sooner than I thought. Sorry, Jarrod. Not the Transporter that you were expecting(that one is coming soon!):

00.JPG

GreenLight trademarks like scratches, spotty paint, fingerprint inside windshield, deformed tires, etc. are missing! Fluke, or have they gotten their act together? It remains to be seen. :D

Edit: Just posted this one, too. How much is too much, @Cano ?

000000000000000000.JPG

Last edited:
Was it AUTOart who had one of those Z8 castings, but absolutely ruined it with

Yes.

GreenLight trademarks like scratches, spotty paint, fingerprint inside windshield, deformed tires, etc. are missing! Fluke, or have they gotten their act together? It remains to be seen. :D

:drool:

...THAT BLUE BACKGROUND.

Not for me, Jason. I buy tons of both, and GreenLight quality control has really scared me last couple of years. I used to voice my concerns about the M2 Q.C. as well, but I buy a lot & their quality's been top notch last few years. It's also the variety & degree of defects. M2 used to have problems with plastic parts. GreenLight can #@*! up anything. :lol:

Back