10/20/2007 Demo

• Thread starter M5_dude
  • 897 comments
yea i know its no BC. i already have a ps2 which never really gave me any problems and resale value is near worthless to me. so 40 gig will work fine for me, and i only have like 2-3 games on ps2 that i actually still play so no major loss.

back on topic, when i dl the japanese demo will the gtr/is-f/etc already be unlocked?

other than that, cant wait to try things out and see if all the talk is true.

back on topic, when i dl the japanese demo will the gtr/is-f/etc already be unlocked?

other than that, cant wait to try things out and see if all the talk is true.

all the cars have been unlocked for over a week, enjoy.

I'm a bit confused: just picked up a 80gb PS3. Does it support PS2 games? Do the 60gb & new 40gb models support PS2 games?

I did hear that the image quality for GT4 with PS3 was significantly better than with PS2. Any opinions on that?

I'm a bit confused: just picked up a 80gb PS3. Does it support PS2 games? Do the 60gb & new 40gb models support PS2 games?

I did hear that the image quality for GT4 with PS3 was significantly better than with PS2. Any opinions on that?

60gb is BC thru hardware, 80gb is BC thru software (or mostly), 40gb is not BC. I got a 60gb myself even it is the same price as the 80gb.

GT4 image quality (at least for me) is exactly the same. However, loading and saving times are visibly reduced.

GT4 image quality (at least for me) is exactly the same. However, loading and saving times are visibly reduced.

Its faked HD on PS3 instead of SD on PS2, so it is better. You can see it clearly in the menus. Note that this is only if you have HDTV. You can also set up the improvement in the Settings menu of your PS3.

Really? I didn't knew that. I have an SD set so it's exactly like on the PS2.

sorry i didn't reply, the computer keep crashing:(

anyway, has there been anymore updates???I want to be able to watch GTTV without being connected to a computer:(

How are the FF cars in pro mode? From what I've read the FR cars can more readily oversteer/power over and such but can FFs oversteer under weight shift and straighten up on throttle and generaly act more like they should compared to gt4?

hmm...maybe a question more at home in 'test of the demo cars' thread...

Hey everyone! Yesterday I bought an 80 GB PS3 with Motor Storm and have had a blast with it! :) I downloaded Prologue and its amazing! :) I have SDTV and even on that, I notice a difference! --- Randy

Hey everyone! Yesterday I bought an 80 GB PS3 with Motor Storm and have had a blast with it! :) I downloaded Prologue and its amazing! :) I have SDTV and even on that, I notice a difference! --- Randy

Congratulations to your PS3! See you online!

I haven't noticed a difference even with a HDTV, thats said i don't really pay too much attention to the visuals on older games.

I haven't noticed a difference even with a HDTV, thats said i don't really pay too much attention to the visuals on older games.

Trust me, there is a big difference between GT4 PS2 and GT4 PS3.

That was with upscaling and smoothing on of course.

Just got my PS3 40 gb (chose that one because it came with a free copy of R & C:TOD, which I thought my kids (& maybe even my wife?!?:lol:) might enjoy. I think the PS2 (slim) is worth hanging on to to play PS2 games because it's so light & compact.

After initial (frustrating) problems getting the TV to recognize the PS3 via HDMI, I got online & downloaded GTHD. Wow: I'm very impressed with the improvement in physics from GT4 :). While not perfect, it is a big step forward IMO, so I'm really looking forward to downloading GT5:P demo. Could someone please provide the link to the thread that descibes how to download from the Japanese PS store? Thank you!

OK, now I've spent some time with GT5:P demo, I have to say (as others have already commented) that it definitely does not look as good as GTHD.

The cars & the environments in GTHD are absolutely stunning - miles ahead of anything else I've seen on a console. In the GT5:P demo the graphics are very good, but definitely inferior to GTHD - the track, in particular, seems far less rich & detailed.

More importantly, I'm really not convinced that the physics are better in the demo than in GTHD. In addition, the collision physics & AI does not seem to be much improved from GT4.

Now I'm a bit worried... :nervous:

OK, now I've spent some time with GT5:P demo, I have to say (as others have already commented) that it definitely does not look as good as GTHD.

The cars & the environments in GTHD are absolutely stunning - miles ahead of anything else I've seen on a console. In the GT5:P demo the graphics are very good, but definitely inferior to GTHD - the track, in particular, seems far less rich & detailed.

More importantly, I'm really not convinced that the physics are better in the demo than in GTHD. In addition, the collision physics & AI does not seem to be much improved from GT4.

Now I'm a bit worried... :nervous:

You can only put so much data into a 750 MB download. I'm sure Sony and PolyPhony digital will be using a Blu-Ray disk to hold the info in.

You can only put so much data into a 750 MB download. I'm sure Sony and PolyPhony digital will be using a Blu-Ray disk to hold the info in.

I'm not that convinced by that answer. GTHD is also a download. In any case, my major concern remains the physics & AI. BTW, the much requested multi-car line-up, as I anticipated, contributes very little: the additional cars are generally so far behind that they don't add anything to the experience. I've always believed that what is required, is 2 or 3 cars that actually give you a closely fought, competitive race, rather than a bunch more cars for you to muscle past.

I'm not that convinced by that answer. GTHD is also a download. In any case, my major concern remains the physics & AI. BTW, the much requested multi-car line-up, as I anticipated, contributes very little: the additional cars are generally so far behind that they don't add anything to the experience. I've always believed that what is required, is 2 or 3 cars that actually give you a closely fought, competitive race, rather than a bunch more cars for you to muscle past.

Are you sure you are running the correct physics mode, there is an amature and advanced mode, they are both in japanese so make sure you have the right mode, it may be that you have already put it into proffesional physics, but I would ask you to reserve judgement upon the physics until you are certain that you are driving in the correct physics mode.

As for the graphics I would agree with you, but lets wait and see shall we?

Are you sure you are running the correct physics mode, there is an amature and advanced mode, they are both in japanese so make sure you have the right mode, it may be that you have already put it into proffesional physics, but I would ask you to reserve judgement upon the physics until you are certain that you are driving in the correct physics mode.

As for the graphics I would agree with you, but lets wait and see shall we?

I think I'm in "Professional" mode - I'll double check. Are you saying you feel the P demo does have clearly better physics than GTHD? I'm not overly concerned about the graphics, as they are excellent either way. But they definitely appear inferior to the amazing graphics in GTHD, & I'm puzzled as to why that should be.

I have "Active Steering" OFF & steering in "Simulation" mode & no assists.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Just ran a few races at "10" dificulty (at least I assume that's what the numbers are for?). Won them all with no difficulty, first try. Seems much too easy to control the cars, especially braking late into the corners. I dunno, I'm feeling a bit unconvinced by this...

Professional is more difficult than Simulation. You may also need to change your tires as you are on slicks and they are on sport tires.

So basically, you're missing EVERYTHING.

I have "Active Steering" OFF & steering in "Simulation" mode & no assists.

Is there something else I'm missing?

Just ran a few races at "10" dificulty (at least I assume that's what the numbers are for?). Won them all with no difficulty, first try. Seems much too easy to control the cars, especially braking late into the corners. I dunno, I'm feeling a bit unconvinced by this...

what you were referring to as "10" difficulty is actually the strength on the traction control. so really you put it on easiest.

you need to turn off anything that says on, change the 2nd or 3rd box to the second option, turn the numbered box to 0, and put on s2 tyres front and rear. that really makes the game much more challenging

I've got a very weird problem with the GT5:P demo... I have two almost identical TV's and for some inexplicable reason, the colours are all wrong when I play GT5:P demo on one set, but not the other. Everything else on the PS3 looks perfectly the same on both TV's, so where's the beef? :confused: Is there maybe some setting on the PS3 that is inconsistent with one TV and not the other for some reason?

Professional is more difficult than Simulation. You may also need to change your tires as you are on slicks and they are on sport tires.

So basically, you're missing EVERYTHING.

IS "Professional" more difficult than "Simulation"? Looking at the translation web page, my understanding was that was that "Simulation" was the last = hardest of the modes.

I'm running S2s.

what you were referring to as "10" difficulty is actually the strength on the traction control. so really you put it on easiest.

you need to turn off anything that says on, change the 2nd or 3rd box to the second option, turn the numbered box to 0, and put on s2 tyres front and rear. that really makes the game much more challenging

OK, I'll try with the number setting at "0" - my assumption was that those numbers, as in GT4, represented the "difficulty" setting. Also weird that there are 3 options & the "middle" one is the highest difficulty.

Why don't they just post the demo on the North American/European web site? :confused:

Back