2014 Middle East Discussion

• Thread starter Niko_9
  • 142 comments
The amateurs are at it again. In the morning we were getting 5 minutes, then they take the fastest clean lap.

1) They're saying I'm not allowed to go again, unless I "wait half an hour or an hour". I thought it's ********, called them out, they said it's in the rules. They handed me the papers, I read every word of the rules and regulations and there's nothing regarding that.
2) When I went again hours later, they changed the rules. If you get ONE invalid lap, your whole session is invalid. So if you put a wheel in one of the glitched* areas at Silverstone, you're out.

*There's an exploit at turn 6. If you brake late, take an invisible apex in the middle of the track and go completely off before the cones, then rejoin the track later, it's a valid lap :/. I didn't know about this until it's late. You gain time in entry, mid corner and heaps of speed on the exit. However if you miss that invisible entrance and put a single wheel on the white line, it's invalid.

what about the times BHR? what's the fastest time ?

I'm not sure still how this dealership thing is going to be, very confusing, when's the last date to compete for example?

May 31st. I'll get the full middle east schedule tomorrow and post it here.

The fastest (and controversial) time in Bahrain is a 1:03.2xx. I'm off by 7 tenths.

yes please do post it , thanks.

in KSA fastest was a 1:03:7xx

the shortcut you can take on that long right turn after the second straight is just unbelievable, they must fix this.

Something very suspicious happened today in the live event, I suspect the settings are tampered with yet again and we'll see a new record.

Dubai:
25th and 26th of April at Merdiff Mall
27th April to May 31st at Arabian Automobil

Abu Dhabi:
25th and 26th of April at Marina Mall
27th April to May 31st at Al Massood Automobiles

KSA:
Starting 26th of April Actionha in Ridyadh at reem international circuit

Oman:
25th&26th of April, and 4th and 5th of May at Muscat Gran mall & go kart track (very confusing, blame the paper)
27th of april to 31st of May at Suhail Bahwan Automobiles

nobody is posting anything, you must be very busy guys
Boycotted the damn thing. Had a big issue with the management, then I got over it only to find out they tried to **** with me on purpose. I actually have some evidence, although it's circumstantial this time not hard like last year's.

Did any one here go to the dubai last 16 finals last year, if so how was it? What did you do there?

Boycotted the damn thing. Had a big issue with the management, then I got over it only to find out they tried to **** with me on purpose. I actually have some evidence, although it's circumstantial this time not hard like last year's.
it is sad to hear that. but I hope you sort it out soon bro

maybe similar to last year, a 370z with manual transmission , you should start working out mate

Yeah I do daily workouts at home but time isn't on my side :lol:

also that last corner is killing me, losing about 3 tenth there :grumpy:

thanks sems, but really compared to the guys at the top , it is really nothing . personally , the last chicane (T11) , you should aim to exit the second part of it very quickly with minimum steering input, and to achieve this , position the car with good speed through T10 at the far left so you can go to the first part of T11 to the very right,maybe you will need a quick 5% breaking, by then you should be in a good shape to attack the last part of that chicane. i don't get it right every time and it really requires practice.

thanks sems, but really compared to the guys at the top , it is really nothing . personally , the last chicane (T11) , you should aim to exit the second part of it very quickly with minimum steering input, and to achieve this , position the car with good speed through T10 at the far left so you can go to the first part of T11 to the very right,maybe you will need a quick 5% breaking, by then you should be in a good shape to attack the last part of that chicane. i don't get it right every time and it really requires practice.

Starting to get the hang of it, did a .293 . Massive lap there Nismo. If I combine my best sectors I can get in the 34s but needs a long session which I sadly don't have the time for.

Thanks for your help Harb :cheers:

Today I went to the local nissan showroom to attend the second live event scheduled from the 20th of May till the 31st. While heading I expected to arrive at a congested showroom with flags, lights and big posters.
Well I arrived to an almost deserted showroom filled with nissan cars. A sales agent approached me "how may I help you sir?" I was looking around as if I lost something until I spotted the pod in the showroom corner. "Im here for the GT academy competition" -"the what?" -"the gt academy competition" -"may you ask in the second building sir, I have no idea what your talking about" -"thanks"
Followed the instructions and went to the other building, no pods visible there which means that the shutted one I saw earlier is the only available. Another sales person approaches me while I'm enjoying the Nissan juke's lines, -"I was told to ask here for the GT academy competition " - " the what? " but this time he called someone.
George who is the same guy responsible for the event last year went down from his office with a pen and paper leaderboard. He recognised me immediately.
-"are you gona make it this year? " - " that depends if you are going to call me later to tell me its been cancelled!" - " don't worry even if we do you still have the online option ;)"
We went to tge the pod he started it up lol.
I sat in it and decided immediately to adjust the seat it turned out the lever has been torn out. So I had to improvise and sit a bit like grandma ( no offense grandma ).
The DFGT have been used for 3 events now since it's the same pod of last year. It has taken real banging the gear stick is broken if you try to use it the knob will end up in your hand lol.
You are given only 3 laps and one go which means you set your time and u will have to anxiously wait till the end of May to find out where you are placed on the leaderboard.
The car was the Gtr black edition '12 the circuit was Silverstone international the short one with the new finish line straight.
Tires: racing softs
Driving line: On
Active steering: off
TCS: 1
ABS: 1
SRF: off
I toped the time sheets again with a 1"02'746 not a competitive one but looking at the circumstances it's great lol.
I had to fill my info on the paper leaderboard that so many of the lap times been barred and written once sometimes twice for some reason.
I can't trust this event anymore my only bet is to do well online now .
I wanted to share my helarious experience with you hope you liked it :)

Last edited:
thanks for sharing with us this experience. it is not what you expect to see when you go to such places, but indeed i laughed when i read this story, but anyhow you managed to do well for now and best of luck man ;)

I still have no idea how many people they're taking from the live event, and if they're taking any from the in-game trial.

Back