2014 Middle East Discussion

• Thread starter Niko_9
  • 142 comments
It was great.

but a lot of cheating and cutting corners was involved, and two of the top 6 are currently in a drifting team and have been for the past two years.

They are allowed less than two seasons if I recall, I think you mean the Egyptian guy, if so then we only get one drift event per year so no worries.

I didn't make it to the top 6

How can I?

oh and congrats to @AzraQ for making it to the top 6
i don't know but you came in contact with the organizers, try communicate with one of them to clarify these points according to gran-turismo.com :

"
h)not have an existing competition driving contract with any motor sports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with his/her ability to accept the Race Camp Prize;

(i)not previously held a National A or superior MSA license or equivalent in another Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) recognised National Sporting Authority (ASN) or Recognised Motorsport Body;

(j)not have competed in any form of 4 wheeled motorsport at a national championship level for more than two full seasons (the Promoter reserves the right to judge what classes as national level motorsport); "

remember, to be a drifter in a professional team is really an edge and if i were you i would question it.

Hello people thank god i made it at the last second into the top 6! and I'm heading to Silverstone, we need as much information as we can!

i don't know but you came in contact with the organizers, try communicate with one of them to clarify these points according to gran-turismo.com :

"
h)not have an existing competition driving contract with any motor sports team, body, agent or management company that conflicts with his/her ability to accept the Race Camp Prize;

(i)not previously held a National A or superior MSA license or equivalent in another Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA) recognised National Sporting Authority (ASN) or Recognised Motorsport Body;

(j)not have competed in any form of 4 wheeled motorsport at a national championship level for more than two full seasons (the Promoter reserves the right to judge what classes as national level motorsport); "

remember, to be a drifter in a professional team is really an edge and if i were you i would question it.

yes @Harb84 you can protest easily. I think the people in question are my two fellow Lebanese contestants, well yes you are right they do have some drifting experience but they are right now doing their first ever official drift season.

I'm a pure GT player never seen a race car before nor a real race circuit, and never had the freedom to put a car to it's extreme paces nor on public roads nor in an empty place, i fit the regulations perfectly.

I met nice people there from all regional countries and each one of them was an extraordinary character.

Hello people thank god i made it at the last second into the top 6! and I'm heading to Silverstone, we need as much information as we can!

yes @Harb84 you can protest easily. I think the people in question are my two fellow Lebanese contestants, well yes you are right they do have some drifting experience but they are right now doing their first ever official drift season.

I'm a pure GT player never seen a race car before nor a real race circuit, and never had the freedom to put a car to it's extreme paces nor on public roads nor in an empty place, i fit the regulations perfectly.

I met nice people there from all regional countries and each one of them was an extraordinary character.

That's fantastic news Shlagem, how was the experience?

Tremendous experience mate, but much to my surprise there was an egyptian guy participating with us, I thought it was you at first.

:lol: Nah, he happened to have "Eqama" (I think he lives in Dubai) so he went. Good luck at Silverstone.

Congrats to those who made the top 6 and are heading to Silverstone!

What did you guys do at the national (regional) final?

Any more specific details as to the gaming and fitness tests?

It was four challenges: Gaming, fitness, driving challenge and media challenge.

ِAbout the gaming challenge, we did 5 rounds of gaming on 5 different tracks in 5 different Nissans, Mainly the 370Z and the GT-R.

The fitness challenge was about three things: Running, Push-ups and Planking.

@Tidgney have made a video about it (about a year ago), you can check his channel for more info.

It was four challenges: Gaming, fitness, driving challenge and media challenge.

ِAbout the gaming challenge, we did 5 rounds of gaming on 5 different tracks in 5 different Nissans, Mainly the 370Z and the GT-R.

The fitness challenge was about three things: Running, Push-ups and Planking.

@Tidgney have made a video about it (about a year ago), you can check his channel for more info.
Thanks for that! So the gaming part, was that just time trials or was it racing also?

good luck for you guys,tomorrow is a big day for and so i hope you enjoy it and i hope you bring back wonderful memories and photos if you can to share it with us.

Not really news but the GT Academy International (middle east version) is going to be aired on 2 November 2014 on the channel which aired the GT Academy middle east last year (mbc Action).

How much time did the 2013 GT Academy middle east took between being aired on a channel and being recorded?

Just about had it with them after how poorly they treated us. They need to reconsider some stuff for next year that is for sure.

Oh and wonder where is @Shlagem ?

Back