2014 Middle East Discussion

• Thread starter Niko_9
  • 142 comments
I can't tell whether bahrain is included in the online qualifier or not as this is not specifically mentioned in the rules I referenced in gran-turismo.com, but it won't hurt if u try

It was mentioned last year as well but they were specific how many guys they take from each country, or any at all.

I'll just give it a try tonight and tomorrow. I Already have a bag of excuses :grumpy:

Is the deadline 9gmt am or pm?

Edit: either way hope to have some time tomorrow but if I don't, IRT,Nismo and harb. What a battle that was :eek: , gutted I threw away the last sector in by best lap but that's racing.

Really enjoyed this battle with you gents, isa Shlagem qualifies with us aswell.

Last edited:
Is the deadline 9gmt am or pm?

Edit: either way hope to have some time tomorrow but if I don't, IRT,Nismo and harb. What a battle that was :eek: , gutted I threw away the last sector in by best lap but that's racing.

Really enjoyed this battle with you gents, isa Shlagem qualifies with us aswell.

It's actually 8 7AM GMT

Congratulations to all, I really enjoyed my first and only long stint yesterday, learned a lot from the car really and did a woping 1.7sec from my previous time. But turned out its not enaugh. I don't feel bad for it in the oposite, doing a 2"17'273 in one stint was good in my opinion if we have 7 more days like the rest of the world I know I would have shaved a second more because of the way I was close to nismo-bh line all night long.
Funny that when you start your stint ud hate the car and combo later on it becames second hand no more tail slides no more hesitation.
Good luck all for the regional finals, an advice you should now trade the GTR GT3 trials with push ups trials :)

More seat time and lot's of physical exercises.

Looks like for some reason the decided not to include Egypt for this year 🤬 , after all that time and effort I put in.

I'm feeling so bad for you mate, I just got the email and I'll do whatever it takes to go there, and I'll print a shirt holding my national flag and Egypt national flag as well.

If you can't be there physically I'll make sure you are mentioned.
If there is a silver lining it is that I hoped you would be chosen, I'm really happy for you Shlagem, you were unlucky with the house affair. Best of Luck and appreciate it :cheers:

I thought you were told that Egypt was allowed? :confused: Unlucky mate. :(

Yeah, they changed the rules this year for some reason. Thanks Doodle, I believe something good will come my way instead. Best of luck to you too 👍

you're not alone sems, even me i have been informed that i can't take apart , considering the time and energy invested so far, that is a really really sad news :(

jordan is also not in my friend , i really don't know what to say, they should include more arab countries. if you noticed, in gran-turismo.com , they display the 250 entries for each country or region, ironically , the ME is 245! do you know what this means? the total number of all entries is just 245 including the entries from last year!, this is nothing compared to the thousand entries for other countries.

jordan is also not in my friend , i really don't know what to say, they should include more arab countries. if you noticed, in gran-turismo.com , they display the 250 entries for each country or region, ironically , the ME is 245! do you know what this means? the total number of all entries is just 245 including the entries from last year!, this is nothing compared to the thousand entries for other countries.

That is unacceptable in my opinion, heck I was eligible last last why the change of rules?

I wonder if @Jordan can tell us who to contact for this.

"GT Academy was originally only run as a pan-European contest, but as the program’s popularity has grown, a new series in the USA and a specific German competition have begun. For 2014, there is a new international competition that includes Australia, India, Middle East (UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Kuwait), Mexico and Thailand."

"Legal residents at least 18 years old from the supported countries are eligible to take part in GT Academy."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/faq/

Best of luck to drivers who are proceeding to the Dubai's event, and better luck next time for drivers who were not able to make it.

"GT Academy was originally only run as a pan-European contest, but as the program’s popularity has grown, a new series in the USA and a specific German competition have begun. For 2014, there is a new international competition that includes Australia, India, Middle East (UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Kuwait), Mexico and Thailand."

"Legal residents at least 18 years old from the supported countries are eligible to take part in GT Academy."

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/academy/2014/faq/

Best of luck to drivers who are proceeding to the Dubai's event, and better luck next time for drivers who were not able to make it.

That is the thing, I was eligible last year and the talk was Sony are working to get us on the list on the site, some of the motorsport organising leaders here did tell them and said they were optimistic but alas Sony is very strict this year.

Can someone here with previous experience with the regional finals shed a light at exactly what goes through the three or four days? Best way to be prepared and such?

What's up guys? No body posted anything for 2 weeks, like no body from this community is going to silverstone, shlaem, nismo what happened with u guys?

Hi guys,

I'm one of the 6 alhamdulillah :)

we need alot of info from past winners regarding silverstone , anything will be helpful !

It was great.

but a lot of cheating and cutting corners was involved, and two of the top 6 are currently in a drifting team and have been for the past two years.

It was great.

but a lot of cheating and cutting corners was involved, and two of the top 6 are currently in a drifting team and have been for the past two years.
if they have professional experience and very recent then maybe you can protest

Back