2014 NASCAR Thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jahgee
  • 9,025 comments
  • 389,730 views
Wednesday Night NASCAR!

We got Trucks, we got dirt, we got Eldora. NASCAR Trucks get their shine on tonight around Eldora. It's the second ever Mudsummer Classic. Last year's race was VERY cool. Even a guy who loves road racing and GT/Sportscar/Endurance racing loved seeing NASCAR Trucks around Eldora as a motorsports enthusiast. It was a unique and fun experience. In fact, tomorrow will be one year since last year's Mudsummer Classic. I remember on Facebook and/or Twitter I posted something about if (indirect quote) "if NASCAR needed some stunt to save itself, they did just fine with this Mudsummer Classic." Absolutely unique stuff.

If you are any real racing fan, follow tonight's race in some capacity. Good luck to all drivers and teams tonight at Eldora. Let's hope Mother Nature doesn't go on a tirade or anything and ruin tonight's action. At least according to Weather Underground, temperatures are supposed to be around 69°F with Partly Cloudy conditions. No rain expected.
 
Erik Jones has earned the pole.
 
Last edited:
Took Townley 1 turn to wreck someone
 
Two heat races down and there has already been action. I like this. Really looking forward to the race itself.
 
Let's get ready for the Last Chance for John Wes Townley to do what he does best.
 
I have a feeling that Townley will take at least one other truck with him if he crashes.
 
Looked like Brad K was doing some more complaining crying.
 
Here's an onboard shot of Joe Cobb's truck.

Screen-Shot-2012-12-11-at-10.51.39-AM.png
 
Truth be told, the only reason I recognize Mike Affarano's name is because of this wreck in 2012.
1. I'm amazed you remembered that
2. as Jeremy Clarkson or James May would say, bloody nora that was crazy

EDIT: Townley, Benning, Annett etc. get in
 
Norm needs another interview
 
Annett just gave one of the reason why I love dirt track racing. :D
 
Last NASCAR driver I knew of to be from the Pittsburgh area is Ryan Hemphill, who sadly hasn't had a ride in the sport for a very long time.
 
Chris Bailey, Jr. is from Pittsburgh, but he races in ARCA.
 
For those that follow sprint car racing, Ed Lynch Jr lives under 10 minutes from me.
 
Learned one thing... Tony Stewart is an awesome track owner/promoter. The changes he had done made a ton of difference compared to last year's race.

If only ISC and SMI were as good... we'd have better racing on the asphalt...
 
I'd love to see a Sprint Cup Exhibition race at Eldora. It would be absolute madness to see those things on this track. And man, this segment got real chaotic real fast!!!!!
 
Merica is happening at Eldora
 
Move the Bud Shootout to Eldora & have it rotate around different tracks that the SC won't go to :lol:
 
So the official, the guy that's supposed to know everything that can and cannot be done, makes a mistake. :rolleyes:
 
237 stripes on the walls of Eldora after 2 segments as per Fox Sports 1.
 
Back