2014 United Sports Car Championship

  • Thread starter Thread starter Earth
  • 6,133 comments
  • 323,545 views
Looking mainly for older models (993 specifically) but I might be able to make those work.
 
I'll take 2, please drop them off at Daytona!
image.jpg
 
Does anyone know of Daytona 24 coverage within Europe? I heard Motors TV is one source, but current circumstances don't allow me to watch TV (no TV cable contract). I assume there is no official online Stream provided?
 
Sorry for the double post - it's a lot easier to do it this way on my phone. I still can't get that pdf to open on my phone. Does it only work on computers?

It doesn't work for me on my PC either. I get a "We're sorry. Your page could not be found." message.
 
Does anyone know of Daytona 24 coverage within Europe? I heard Motors TV is one source, but current circumstances don't allow me to watch TV (no TV cable contract). I assume there is no official online Stream provided?

Not sure if this applies to Europe, but I received the following info in an e-mail from IMSA:

"In addition to the live telecasts, Motor Racing Network, kicking off its 45th year of broadcasting, will air live flag-to-flag radio coverage of the Rolex 24 At Daytona along with 12 races in the inaugural TUDOR Championship. All Motor Racing Network races also are streamed live at www.MRN.com. Live coverage of the Rolex 24 At Daytona also can be heard on SiriusXM NASCAR Radio (channel 90) starting at 2 pm ET. The entire TUDOR Championship season can be heard on Sirius channel 117.

IMSA.com will offer streaming of all MRN broadcasts as part of its impressive arsenal of live online coverage. IMSA.com and the brand-new IMSA mobile app also provide live timing and scoring data from every on-track session, social media integration and up-to-the minute news coverage. IMSA.com will have a full-race replay of the Rolex 24 available on demand 24 hours after the FOX Sports telecast."

Here in the US, imsa.com is also the only place covering the night hours, 9PM-7AM. Not sure if they would be blocking traffic from outside the US, but this may be your answer.
 
Ok, let me see if I got that right... The race will be streamed flag to flag??
I seriously hope there will be Radio LM coverage because those idiots at Radio Daytona or whatever seriously suck!
 
Jav
Ok, let me see if I got that right... The race will be streamed flag to flag??
I seriously hope there will be Radio LM coverage because those idiots at Radio Daytona or whatever seriously suck!

"will air live flag-to-flag radio coverage"

It might be audio only. :/
 
Well that sucks! It's 2014, radio and TV are dead it's time to face it!
 
No Radio Le Mans sadly :( Because NASCAR.
 
Jav
Well that sucks! It's 2014, radio and TV are dead it's time to face it!

Try telling that to people who still listen to MRN or people who have Satallite/Cable.
 
Try telling that to people who still listen to MRN or people who have Satallite/Cable.
Yeah I know, they'll be too busy looking at Facebook on their tablet/phone/laptop while they have the TV on just for background noise...
 
Well, there's the answer for the international folks. Surprised that coverage for Australia will be on Network 10 and not Speed since they still have the network over there.
 
@RACECAR Channel 10 aired the Rolex Sports Car Series previously, so this might be a continuation of that contract maybe? Fantastic news anyway but I hope the coverage is a bit better. Grand Am races were broadcasted live in the past but due to the timezone differences it would mean races were broadcasted extremely early in the morning. Hopefully there will be replays or highlights on at a decent time.
 
So I received a holiday newsletter from neighbors I grew up next to as a kid. Their son is partially blind and kind of slow, and went through chemo for an optic nerve disease and does paintings for charity (he's raised over a million dollars) and has met alot of famous people like Elton John through his work. In the letter they said he designed the livery for Children's Tumor Foundation Racing4Research Porsche in the 24h of Daytona. Pretty cool. Patrick Dempsey will be wearing a helmet designed by his artwork as well. I know it's kind of off topic and most won't care but I thought it was pretty cool and thought I'd share.
Screenshot_2014-01-17-23-56-46-1.png

1505046_805394316141149_1249318027_n.jpg

53697_802883096392271_439403001_o.jpg
 
Last edited:
Final revisions to the prototype regulations for the 24 have been released. DP's will have a 5% decrease in horsepower to help fuel economy, and will be allowed to fill to 76 litres. P2's have had power increased by 5%, and can carry 72 Litres. The Mazda diesel will be able to fill to 70 litres, with the Deltawing being allowed 48 Litres.
Source: http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/imsa-issues-prototype-bop-for-rolex-24/

IMSA released Friday Balance of Performance (BoP) adjustments for the Prototype class in advance of next weekend’s TUDOR United SportsCar Championship season-opening Rolex 24 at Daytona.

DPs will have roughly a five percent reduction in power, with the Chevy-powered entries now utilizing a 2.5 percent smaller air restrictor in diameter, and the Ford EcoBoost-powered Rileys running 33.1 mm openings.

Nissan-powered P2 cars have been confirmed with 41 mm sized restrictors (in diameter), while the turbocharged HPD engine will have two 31 mm openings.

Both are in line with IMSA’s proposed five-percent performance increase over the current ACO LMP2 regulations.

DPs led the way in testing at Daytona, with the quickest P2 car, the No. 1 Extreme Speed Motorsports HPD ARX-03b, ending up with a best time that was 1.2 seconds slower than Christian Fittipaldi’s 1:38.630 lap set in the No. 5 Action Express Corvette DP.

“Working with the engine builders, we took the engines to the dyno after the test. It helped us determine some of the other items we were looking at,” IMSA’s Scot Elkins told Sportscar365.

“The testing at the Roar enabled us to get the final adjustment of performance for the prototype class, which we published today.”

Fuel capacities for both platforms are now confirmed, with gasoline-powered P2s allowed to carry up to 72 liters, with DPs at 76 liters.

The clean diesel-powered Mazda SKYACTIV-D entries will be permitted 70 liters, while the DeltaWing will run at 48 liters, with also a 10 kg reduction in minimum weight.

Boost pressures were also defined for the turbocharged HPD, Ford and Elan-tuned DeltaWing powerplants.

“We had data from the Roar and we reduced the power of the DP cars, which should help the fuel mileage,” Elkins said. “We did a very slight increase in the DP fuel capacity, just to max out the fuel cell.

“To compensate for the difference in fuel economy, we’ve reduced the P2 [capacity]. To compensate the flow going to a smaller capacity, we also reduced the [refueling] restrictor to try and balance that as well.”
 
So I received a holiday newsletter from neighbors I grew up next to as a kid.
View attachment 101523
That is just awesome.

Pretty cool video.

Great video. It brought tears of joy!


Try telling that to people who still listen to MRN or people who have Satallite/Cable.
Yeah, like me.


Jav
Yeah I know, they'll be too busy looking at Facebook on their tablet/phone/laptop while they have the TV on just for background noise...
Unlike me as I have no interest in Facebook and no tablet/phone apps. I still use a flip phone and have no desire to increase my cell phone bill over $30.
However I do use the laptop for live timing and when needed, MRN.
 
So I received a holiday newsletter from neighbors I grew up next to as a kid. Their son is partially blind and kind of slow, and went through chemo for an optic nerve disease and does paintings for charity (he's raised over a million dollars) and has met alot of famous people like Elton John through his work. In the letter they said he designed the livery for Children's Tumor Foundation Racing4Research Porsche in the 24h of Daytona. Pretty cool. Patrick Dempsey will be wearing a helmet designed by his artwork as well. I know it's kind of off topic and most won't care but I thought it was pretty cool and thought I'd share.
View attachment 101529
View attachment 101521
View attachment 101523
That's pretty cool, now it makes me sad that the car had a close encounter with the wall on the final practice session at the Roar.
:-/
 
Jav
That's pretty cool, now it makes me sad that the car had a close encounter with the wall on the final practice session at the Roar.
:-/
:scared: :nervous::scared::scared: Did he actually make contact
 
Oh yeah, the whole right side of the car needed body work and the Front and Rear suspension was broken, the mechanics looked very thrilled to be repairing a car when everyone else was packing up to go home.
 
Jav
Yeah I know, they'll be too busy looking at Facebook on their tablet/phone/laptop while they have the TV on just for background noise...

Some of use enjoy the radio still, from the fact we are on the road or are too busy to watch a computer/tablet. It's a nice little deal! I listen to a number of races over the year on radio.

Jav
Oh yeah, the whole right side of the car needed body work and the Front and Rear suspension was broken, the mechanics looked very thrilled to be repairing a car when everyone else was packing up to go home.

Well it's the risk you take when racing/practicing, it sucks but it happens.
 
Jav
Oh yeah, the whole right side of the car needed body work and the Front and Rear suspension was broken, the mechanics looked very thrilled to be repairing a car when everyone else was packing up to go home.
Damn :indiff:
 
Have this little thing on my sister dealership next door:
image.jpg
 
Props to Continental for really improving the tire since the November test.
 
Back