2016 Australian General Discussion

• Thread starter joshmuggo
  • 364 comments
Hey boys,

Thought I'd drop in and say hello. Exciting to see the venue and dates all announced now for the National Final. Pretty pumped to get out there and give it a go this year, as its changed a lot from the 2010 final that I did last (didn't compete in 2014 - had a baby right in the middle of it).

@metalslaw - you were an online qualifier, so I'd have thought that the travel/accomodation expenses would have been included as part of the competition. Maybe only if you are interstate though? Not sure. I'll be coming from Melbourne. :)

Cheers!
SFeigl

Yeah, technically, i'm interstate (nrth nsw). But last year vic residents only got $50 towards fuel to make the final, they had to get themselves there. I think they could only get accom for the sat night if needed.

Last edited:
yer we could have done our time trials on those old Model T ride they have lol

Looks like the live event will be Mini Coopers at Seattle Circuit

image.jpg

Yeah, technically, i'm interstate (nrth nsw). But last year vic residents only got $50 towards fuel to make the final, they had to get themselves there. I think they could only get accom for the sat night if needed.

I'd be shocked if they dont organise accommodation for you. Sure 1.5 hours isn't far in Sydney, but when I lived on the Goldy, anything further than 15-30mins was a big trip lol.

What days are people planning to go to the live events?

I'm attempting making the trip from Perth...

Is anyone able to confirm that we only get one shot at qualifying via the live event, or are we able to try once per day?

Cheers!

Last year it was TT, and you were allowed either 1 x 10 lap go or 2 x 5 laps. No idea what this year will be, or whether its even TT.

It would be OK to have only one try if its a TT.

But if its a race, or a series of races, it would hurt to be punted off at the first corner and then face a long, expensive, journey home! :P.

Last year you where allowed to go multiple days, but you only had 1 chance per day. As Skywalker indicated, it was a 1x10 or a 2x5 (with a small break, if there where lots of ppl). You also had to do a quick 2 lap effort at bathurst to qual (under some slow benchmark time) to try for the silverstone 1x10 or 2x5 effort.

Well you got away with it, but the guys running it said to me and other competitors 1 go only.

Guess its luck of the draw.

You did do it in different states, so it wasn't like back to back days.

That's strange, at the GP last year, we only did 1x5 lap TT for the qualy events

yer we could have done our time trials on those old Model T ride they have lol
and the people who get trough to the finals are the ones who touch the center rail the least haha

If you complete the forms, scan in the forms to you computer and send back to the email address that sent you the forms, that should be sufficient. I don't think that they would need to have a hard copy of the document, however only SCEE could comment on that. I'll be submitting soft copies of the docs for now.

If you complete the forms, scan in the forms to you computer and send back to the email address that sent you the forms, that should be sufficient. I don't think that they would need to have a hard copy of the document, however only SCEE could comment on that. I'll be submitting soft copies of the docs for now.

Thanks a bunch mate. See you at the finals :)

I tryed asking for a free ticket to watch and it failed :banghead:

I'm sure one of the other guys that have qualified could put you down as their '1 guest'? Any takers to help out beau? (my guest might be my dad, but not sure atm) Note, you would have to make your own way there, and you also have to pay for your accom and food, and entry to movie world.

I'm sure one of the other guys that have qualified could put you down as their '1 guest'? Any takers to help out beau? (my guest might be my dad, but not sure atm) Note, you would have to make your own way there, and you also have to pay for your accom and food, and entry to movie world.
I didn't know you could do that, i really like to come and watch use guys :)

I finished 16th but i got an email about an invitation to the national finals?

Did u receive the email today? Lucky you! There are 6 people who are either ineligible, declined the invitation or possibly forgot to check their email

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back