2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez, that was a really nasty incident! So pleased that everyone is okay, though.
That's probably one of the worst accidents I've seen in the BTCC for years. I've seen some pretty big offs over the years, but my god! :eek:

Cameraman and all drivers reported as okay so AUP allows video:

E- The replay isn't clear whether Howard or Martin started the crash but it does show that Howard didn't brake even after the car was sideways over the road in front of him. What the hell is he doing in this championship. He is just a financial liability on himself and those around him, this time he could've seriously hurt people. The organisers need to kick him out the championship NOW.

Last edited:
It's absolutely heart stopping stuff, it really is! As much as bumping and rubbing is great fun to watch (and in my opinion is perfectly fine), things like this is completely rediculous and bloody dangerous.

It's absolutely heart stopping stuff, it really is! As much as bumping and rubbing is great fun to watch (and in my opinion is perfectly fine), things like this is completely rediculous and bloody dangerous.
Race 2 was more of a racing incident. This was drivers who have continually caused problems nearly causing the death of a bystander due to their I competence and lack of respect.

Hunter Abbott complaining about driving standards :lol: someone come and check on me in 5 years time to see if I'm still rolling on the floor laughing.
It was funnier when Howard said it :P

Race 2 was more of a racing incident. This was drivers who have continually caused problems nearly causing the death of a bystander due to their I competence and lack of respect.

Exactly, I do think that Tracks such as this should have some form of catch fencing at places where these sort of incidences are more likely to occur. Although 95% of the time it may seem 'pointless', it'd potentially stop things like this occuring to bystanders quite so easily.

Exactly, I do think that Tracks such as this should have some form of catch fencing at places where these sort of incidences are more likely to occur. Although 95% of the time it may seem 'pointless', it'd potentially stop things like this occuring to bystanders quite so easily.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd be using this suggestion as the jumping off point for a rant in the unpopular opinions thread. Circuits these days don't need more fencing.

DK
What a dirty move from Shedden to take the lead. 👎
I thought it was perfectly fair between both of them. Neither seemed aggrieved, they had a good, hard race. Shedden's initial move up the inside was great, slight door-to-door contact and a good car's width left for Collard. Rob was run out wide the next turn but both had shot front tyres, I think Gordon checked up a little on the apex which made it seem a little worse than it was. Collard gave him a good punt back in the braking zone for good measure. Nothing ridiculously aggressive or unfair.

Driving standards at the back were shocking today. Lots of good racing up front and in the support races. Particular attention needs to be paid to Martin and Howard by the stewards.

Oh because Rob Collard is the cleanest racer in the world.
Point taken, I guess I've been sucked onto the "BTCC is too dirty" bandwagon. :indiff:

Looks like this Welch crowd funding is kicking off with some good stories from ex drivers, wonder how many more skeletons they have in the closet.
1F902AB1-E181-430D-88F5-95D8233A82D4_zpsnlnjqcg9.gif

Great job by everyone and the spectators to quickly get there and organise themselves to do what needed to be done 👍

EDIT - Seen another vid of it. Some spectators rushed but in fact the marshals just slowly walked over and even when they got there, there was no urgency.

since there's no coverage here in Australia.
There is some - a highlights package shown on Fox Sports about a week after the race, usually in the middle of the day. And I think One HD broadcasts it as well, but only when they don't have anything better to show.

I
There is some - a highlights package shown on Fox Sports about a week after the race, usually in the middle of the day. And I think One HD broadcasts it as well, but only when they don't have anything better to show.
Do you know if there is any live streams for this weekend?

Do you know if there is any live streams for this weekend?
No, as far as I know, BTCC is never broadcast live. I don't actually get One HD (or 7mate) for reasons that have never been explained, and the only motorsport being broadcast on Foxtel is MotoGP. I have never seen BTCC broadcast live, but to be honest, I don't look too closely for it; I find it pretty dull because the races are over before they begin - I swear GP3 races are longer.

There's no official live streams for it outside of the ITV player (which is geoblocked outside of the UK), however the races are put up in full (including support races) on the ITV BTCC section the day after without any geoblocking - http://www.itv.com/btcc/races

From what I've heard from someone who has Foxtel, they have only just shown the highlights package from Croft which was a few months ago. One HD have not shown any BTCC (or for that matter, any international motorsport outside of F1 and MotoGP) for around 5 years, since the format switch from a 24 hour sports channel to a general 'entertainment' channel (because re-running M*A*S*H yet again is much cheaper for the network).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back