2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just goes to show that when it comes down to it, Tordoff doesn't have that killer instinct to get stuck in when it matters.

I think the BMW just wasn't working at all this weekend. Collard was dragged backwards in the midfield, Goff had engine issues. I say driver more than car and the Subaru is arguably close to being the superior RWD now.

I think the BMW just wasn't working at all this weekend. Collard was dragged backwards in the midfield, Goff had engine issues. I say driver more than car and the Subaru is arguably close to being the superior RWD now.
You could tell from the beginning of the programme with his talk about retiring sounds like he had giving up already.

But I suppose when daddy's company is turning over £1 billion you can just go and play else where.

You could tell from the beginning of the programme with his talk about retiring sounds like he had giving up already.

But I suppose when daddy's company is turning over £1 billion you can just go and play else where.

Tordoff also said at Rockingham IIRC he had "another 20 years in him".

Also tipping 2017 to be a breakthrough season for Abbott, victim of other peoples mess ups a lot and PMR have shown the 2017 ToCA unit to be very powerful.

Tordoff also said at Rockingham IIRC he had "another 20 years in him".

Also tipping 2017 to be a breakthrough season for Abbott, victim of other peoples mess ups a lot and PMR have shown the 2017 ToCA unit to be very powerful.
Wasn't he playing around in the JMW Ferrari a couple of years ago before Rory butcher took his seat?

Just goes to show that when it comes down to it, Tordoff doesn't have that killer instinct to get stuck in when it matters.

That ruined it for me tbh. I had been trying to give him credit as a champion, but when he said he had more of a desire to be a successful businessman and it wasn't that important to him I couldn't support him in the slightest. You need passion and a desire to win, which Gordon has.

That ruined it for me tbh. I had been trying to give him credit as a champion, but when he said he had more of a desire to be a successful businessman and it wasn't that important to him I couldn't support him in the slightest. You need passion and a desire to win, which Gordon has.
It was a really weird piece to introduce him ahead of such an important event, it was never going to make him look like the popular underdog.

btw incredible season from Colin Turkington to finish only 19 points behind despite scoring only 10 points from the first 9 races (3 of which he didn't even get to start). Nobody really put together anything near a good season which made it so interesting (Collard was a championship contender with an average grid position of 17th!).

Still finding that last race very odd. Tordoff, with the car underneath him or not, didn't drive like he was fighting for a championship. Coupled with the weird pre-race interview, I have no idea what to think. Shedden drove brilliantly, and I knew he'd pull it out the bag, but considering the tension going into the weekend it just felt like a bit of a strange end.

Now I'm thinking back to Croft R3 and wondering how the championship might have panned out if Jackson hadn't fluffed his tyre choice.

I always think how Close Turkington would've been if he hasn't have gone for the pass on Collard in Knockhill race 3.

Or you know, if the car was actually good for the first third of the season :P

I always think how Close Turkington would've been if he hasn't have gone for the pass on Collard in Knockhill race 3.

Or you know, if the car was actually good for the first third of the season :P
I think that too but on the other hand lol. Rob was very strong up til then and after that he seemed to drop off and lose momentum.

I blame Colin :lol:

I have something.

One or two people on other forums I am a member of will think the BTCC is boring.

What do people think of that load of BS?
This year hasn't been one of the best imo and I'm a bit worried the next few years will be focused on technical rules after this BMR / Subaru fiasco

Andrew Jordan is leaving Motorbase, probably because his teammate beat him and that is obviously not down to anything to do with him.

http://www.motorsport.com/btcc/news/jordan-to-leave-motorbase-performance-840104/
That's just nonsense. I've been trying hard the last few years to cheer AJ on but all he seems to do is complain. Whenever it looks like he is starting to get his mojo back something like that goes and ruins it. I don't really believe its to do with sponsorship :/

Not sure where else he could go though. I doubt he'll go to a middle team (merc/wix might be possible?) but he's left virtually everyone else. Can't see BMR or WSR taking him on. I think Mike might cash out and they'll run indy again next year?

Nothing to do with that what so ever.
World Rallycross then? I can't see him going to another team in BTCC for any reason other than to be the sole #1 driver, Motorbase have a good car and Pirtek have thrown endless money and getting him the best drives for his entire career.

I think the Andy Jordan situation is a bit more complicated. He is sponsored by Pirtek and Red Bull, therefore those sponsors want what will move Andy as far up the field as possible with their names all over the car. Motorbase wanted a title sponsor, just like they had with Airwaves, they didn't have one and that is why they ran as 'Motorbase' rather than '*sponsor name* racing', I believe from what has been said that there are strong suggestions that they now have this.

This situation would cause conflicts with Pirtek and Red Bull, whenever he does well there are loads of shots of a car with 'Pirtek' in big letters all over it and then when he is interviewed after the race he is drinking a can of Red Bull. If the sponsor was for example another drinks company, they wouldn't want him drinking Red Bull, or if it was a title sponsor they wouldn't want him driving a car with Pirtek all over it.

Any new team have to be prepared to let him do his own thing to bring his money in

WSR might work for him especially if Tordoff leaves.

WSR might work for him especially if Tordoff leaves.

I can't see Tordoff leaving, people majorly misunderstood what he said in his interview before the final races.

What he was saying is basically there are a lot of guys out there that are full time racing drivers, or full time in the motorsport industry, whereas people like him, Rob Collard etc are not. To himself he is just Sam the accountant from Leeds and just happens to be lucky enough to be able to compete in motorsport and be pretty good at it.

Have Plato and Neal confirmed they'll be in BTCC next season?

Neither of those two would retire quietly, and realistically why should they? 5 titles between them, I would expect/demand a fanfare

To himself he is just Sam the accountant from Leeds and just happens to be lucky enough to be able to compete in motorsport and be pretty good at it.

Bradford ;)

Does he not work for the family business?

I think the Andy Jordan situation is a bit more complicated. He is sponsored by Pirtek and Red Bull, therefore those sponsors want what will move Andy as far up the field as possible with their names all over the car. Motorbase wanted a title sponsor, just like they had with Airwaves, they didn't have one and that is why they ran as 'Motorbase' rather than '*sponsor name* racing', I believe from what has been said that there are strong suggestions that they now have this.

This situation would cause conflicts with Pirtek and Red Bull, whenever he does well there are loads of shots of a car with 'Pirtek' in big letters all over it and then when he is interviewed after the race he is drinking a can of Red Bull. If the sponsor was for example another drinks company, they wouldn't want him drinking Red Bull, or if it was a title sponsor they wouldn't want him driving a car with Pirtek all over it.

Any new team have to be prepared to let him do his own thing to bring his money in
We have a winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back