2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

That's one committed cameraman! Still focused right up until the "ohhhh boy this is gonna suck!" Moment, that other crash was like a GT6 public lobby, absolute insanity! Though sadly its fairly clear that someone is going to have to get seriously injured or worse until something is done about the driving standards, touring car racing is always the toughest of bumps and door banging, but that's definitely crossed the line of acceptability,

Plato has got a kiss from his grid girl. He's already the winner. Cancel all the races.

E - Matt Neal spins Morgan. Give him a race ban!

Last edited:
E - Matt Neal spins Morgan. Give him a race ban!
I was going to come in before you played the "dirty Honda" card, but it seems I'm late.

Morgan is starting to do what Ingram was doing. He's going all-out from the start and he's putting himself in stupid places. Matt gave him easily enough space to go around the outside, but Adam made contact twice, forced him to the grass, then swept across his nose in the braking zone. Neal had nowhere to go.

Turkington's pass on AJ was sublime.

Reactions: Bo
Turkington's pass on AJ was sublime.
There are two drivers who can consistently pedal NGTC cars with more precision than anyone else - Flash in front drive and Turks in rear drive. Colin's driving better than he was in 2009. The slice up the inside of Ingram was perfect.

Turkington is the man at this track, he was mega quick in the 1 series as well when he was with WSR and almost got the triple (a grid penalty scuppered his chances of that)

Something tell me Plato's mentality will be similar to Rosberg in F1, no matter what he does Turkington is quicker and better.

Petru Florescu was excluded from the entire weekend for punching another driver in the Formula 4 race which is entirely correct because that is not the kind of behaviour which should be in this sport. However the other driver (DeFrancesco) should be punished too, causing a huge crash when driving in a straight line is far more dangerous than a punch. A 10-place grid penalty is not sufficient.

Turkington is the man at this track, he was mega quick in the 1 series as well when he was with WSR and almost got the triple (a grid penalty scuppered his chances of that)

Something tell me Plato's mentality will be similar to Rosberg in F1, no matter what he does Turkington is quicker and better.
Well he did work here :lol:

Petru Florescu was excluded from the entire weekend for punching another driver in the Formula 4 race which is entirely correct because that is not the kind of behaviour which should be in this sport. However the other driver (DeFrancesco) should be punished too, causing a huge crash when driving in a straight line is far more dangerous than a punch. A 10-place grid penalty is not sufficient.
Not BTCC related.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...f4-formula-v8-formula-renault-trs-etc.346557/

Absolutely chucking it down for Rockingham qualifying. Currently under a 10 minute rain delay.

There has been a crash on lap 1. Surprisingly Alex Martin is involved.
There was also another crash on lap 1. Surprisingly Mark Howard is involved.

Shocking.

Turkington will be on the podium all three races this weekend. My prediction/hope for this weekend.

Although now he's under investigation :|

Hunter Abbott is a lucky man, he had a tyre fail coming through the oval turn but instead of a huge crash he got away with an harmless spin at the hairpin.

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/09/18/le-mans-winner-helps-boost-kelvin-fletcher/

Happy for the lad. It is so sad Kelvin has been self-taught and has gone without a coach for this long.

In that kind of business like sport you need the very best coaching available. It is not so relevant and important in some other spheres of life. But it is vital in motor sport and sport in general. It is a success founded on results based business. If you don't succeed and if you don't get the results you just...fade away. The likes of Matt Neal, Jason Plato, Colin Turkington and even talent a bit further down the ranking but still good like Adam Morgan haven't stayed afloat by always staying the mid-grid and lower end of the points chart. They have got a good team of people to guide them. To coach them. I am sure Kelvin will get better over time. OK Martin Plowman isn't the biggest and best star in terms of profile in sportscar racing but he will be more than enough for Kelvin Fletcher. What Martin knows and provides will take Kelvin far beyond what he has ever done so far.

It has just been announced on ITV that both the MGs have been disqualified from Race 1. However, they're waiting for confirmation.

EDIT: Both have been thrown out for a technical infringement. Both will start from the back of the grid.

It has just been announced on ITV that both the MGs have been disqualified from Race 1. However, they're waiting for confirmation.
Car didn't meet the specs I assume, very unlikely they'd be disqualified for driving standards.

Shame Neal had that puncture, unless Tordoff has an issue I can't see him losing it now, although I hope Collard can pull some points back on him

EDIT - Yep, rear wing alignment wasn't legal

Cracking racing. No Honda fan but Neal and Shedden both proved that they can make legit overtakes in R3, I suppose after Matt fulfilled his "hit a Mercedes every weekend" quota with Moffat in Race #1 it was a pleasant surprise. Been a vintage season and cannot wait for Brands.

If tordoff has a bad race 1 I won't be able to contain my excitement. Apart from that I can't see him or shedden losing, and I really wouldn't want to choose either of them.

But as we know this is the btcc and anything can happen

Time to place our bets! Who are you guys gunna be rooting for today?
Personally rooting for Tordoff, I really do think he deserves it - he really is pretty talented, and I think if he puts his mind to it and has some luck, he can do it!

I'm hoping for Turkington or either of the two Fords. But out of three people who can win it realistically I hope it's anybody but Tordoff. :P

Nice one Matt Neal, that's Jordan out.

Collard, although seems unlikely now so has to be Matt Neal. I really don't like shedden but i'd still prefer him to win it rather than tordoff.

Good job Plato :rolleyes: even I can't defend how bad he has been this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back