2016 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,290 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collard, although seems unlikely now so has to be Matt Neal. I really don't like shedden but i'd still prefer him to win it rather than tordoff.

Good job Plato :rolleyes: even I can't defend how bad he has been this season.

What did Plato do? :odd: Apart from the boost wind-ups.

What did Plato do? :odd: Apart from the boost wind-ups.
in 90% of races this season he just seems content to sit behind people all race. He doesn't seem to push or drive like he used to. When he does make a move it's usually by punting someone wide.

in 90% of races this season he just seems content to sit behind people all race. He doesn't seem to push or drive like he used to. When he does make a move it's usually by punting someone wide.

He's simply not as aggressive and doesn't put the car in stupid places like he used to.

He's simply not as aggressive and doesn't put the car in stupid places like he used to.
I agree. He's certainly calmed down a lot (confidence in the car I think) but he seems to have lost that small edge that even makes him push and try make a gap. If next year doesn't go well I expect he'll probably retire.

Anywho, race 2 and this will certainly be crucial. I think we'll have a tordoff/shedden dead heat going into race 3.

It would need a miracle but hopefully Turkington can win the title, he is the quickest and cleanest driver in the championship. Really he should've been a works BMW driver after 2009 but for being victim of bad timing.

Maybe Plato finally realises how easy it is to be spun out in a RWD car after spending years doing it to othe people?

I meant Plato but said BMW at first after that reading somebody elses post :P

Neal is out the championship. Hopefully Tordoff can attack Shedden now, he is in the danger zone with Aiden 'Pinball' Moffat behind him (Hopefully they take points off each other to help Turkington and Jackson).

Turkington is ever closer, and if Shedden and Tordoff have a coming together he's in the pound seat.

Turkington doesn't have the pace. :(

I wasn't sure whether Plato would back off or ignore Shedden would be too quick.

This is going to be so close in R3. One position in this race or the last could decided the title.

Current Standings:

btw its worth following Neil Hudson from TouringCarTimes, he's updating the standings mid race.

E- Of course these standings could change if MG get a 1-2 at Silverstone

E2 - Matt Neal has a concussion and won't start the final race.

Last edited:
So know even if Shedden and Tordoff clash it wouldn't be Turks who would win but Jackson!

The marshals have done a **** job of moving the Subaru out of the way, slight contact coming out of Sheene and somebody is going to get badly hurt.

E- And time to turn off before the interviews...

Last edited:
That is how you win a title. To think I was starting to write off Shedden a few rounds ago, so for him to crawl back into the hunt like this and steal the title at the death makes it a more deserving title for him.

Absolutely epic.

It must've just been something for last year then because he had their logos on his car (I thought it was a longer deal but the car doesn't have them this year): http://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Ant-Whorton-Eales-24.jpg
Ahh memories coming back now lol yeah I remember, not too sure, don't believe I've seen the logo anywhere with him his year. By the sounds of it he hasn't got any 'promotions' although he has been approached and there are offers on the table. I'd much rather see drivers like him and cammish in the series then people like fletcher and Howard.

Does anyone know how Lloyd did in the porsche? Afraid I missed the race :( but really hope he gets some funding for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back