2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it right or wrong of Lorenzo to mix it with the three riders fighting
for the last podium spot?
If it was technically wrong he'd have been penalised. I think if he was running a similar pace he should stay back but since he was a fair amount quicker than those guys I don't see a problem. He still has every right to race on, albeit in an unlikely hope of any points. He's got far more important things to worry about anyway, such as why he was a lap down in the first place.

Bradley Smith is injured and will miss his home GP. Alex Lowes comes in as replacement, it's almost convenient as he was given a test on Pol's bike last week as a reward for winning the Suzuka 8hr.

Bradley Smith is injured and will miss his home GP. Alex Lowes comes in as replacement, it's almost convenient as he was given a test on Pol's bike last week as a reward for winning the Suzuka 8hr.
I think Alex will do quite well to be honest, but Sam wont be happy :lol:

Who is the guy riding bike #35? Because it's clearly not Cal Crutchlow. He's won a race, gotten pole and is walking around the paddock rather than slinking away with his tail between his legs.

Who is the guy riding bike #35? Because it's clearly not Cal Crutchlow. He's won a race, gotten pole and is walking around the paddock rather than slinking away with his tail between his legs.
I was surprised how subtle he was though, I expected him to be a bit more cocky. I'm not sure how comparable all laps were, as Crutchlow set his as it was getting wetter, although I believe his second fastest lap at the end of the session would have been good enough for pole. Gutted for Laverty though.

I think it's more a fact of luck for cal. If it was dry he wouldn't have had pole, a good result perhaps but not pole. However he really needs this to continue his momentum. Tomorrow should be good.

As a note, congratulations to Alex Sam Lowes. I have two conspiracy theories;

1. They are actually the same people. You never see them in the same place at the same time.
2. Alex and sam switched bikes so Sam could get more GP test time.

Please note I am not being serious :lol:

Breathless Moto3 race. Not a huge fan of that blow in wildcard bumping fenders with title contenders....

I must say Eugene Laverty has been really impressive this season
and it's nice to see he's doing good. From just four points finishes last year to ten so
far this year (from eleven races). That is a points finish percentage of 90
in 2016 and it puts him 11th overall in the standings (up from 22nd last year).
It's looking good today as well starting from sixth on the grid.

It's a shame he's going back to WSBK after this season.

Not sure what to make of that zarco situation. Struggling to get my head around it, very unlike him.

Lets hope Baz and Pol are okay 👍

That was absolutely sensational all round! Marquez going nuts for some reason and getting it just as hard back from Cal and Vale. Meanwhile Maverick just clears off, that doesn't happen very often any more, incredible performance.
7th different winner in as many races, 4th debut winner this year and 3rd in a row, all on different bikes.
In moto 3 Antonelli who finished 7th has been disqualified for being 2kg underweight.

After sleeping through most of the F1 display in Monza :yuck: really enjoyed all races in MotoGP today.

Great to see Maverick take the win on a Suzuki after 15 years(?).

Some strong moves from #93, not sure if that was worth the risk.

In the dry yes, however Vermeulen won at Le Mans in '07 in the wet.

You are absolutely correct. I could only remember Gibernau on the RGV500 in Valencia.
(So the question mark was in order ;))

Having been a huge Simoncelli fan (my riding hero) it's great to see the SIC 58 Squadra Corse team entering Moto3, I am going to be cheering so hard.

However as far as I was aware the number #58 had already been retired?

Who is that driving Pedrosa's bike? Haven't seen that in quite some time. :lol:
Everyone always write Dani off by now. I've come to expect this of him, the start of the season he does awful, everyone think's he's lost it, the about now towards the end of the season he starts winning and performing well again. It's crazy but not surprised. Not a huge fan of him, but he's a huge part of MotoGP and it's nice to see him back up there.

What a race from Pedrosa :eek:
Where did he found that performance?
Softer front tire than the 3 behind him. He had soft I think and Rossi/Marquez/Lorenzo were on medium. It was an awesome race nevertheless. I was sad but it's great for Dani.

Lorenzo with some sand in his vagazzle, claiming VR overtook him "dangerously" :lol:

He's turning into a crybaby because his chances of winning are slipping away from him. I saw a bunch of reactions on Facebook and boy, there are a bunch of overly sensitive people out there. If that is a dangerous move, they should stop racing all at once and just do hotlaps with one bike on track at a time.

But still, even if he is a crybaby it is nice that there is one in like JL in motogp line up. I find his style of riding quite boring but the things he says/does is fun to watch sometimes. And I do sometimes actually think he is right to question riders sometimes. He was right about Simoncelli and his aggressive style, he even said that it was just a matter of time before something would happen. And Rossi, well he is aggressive and have always been.

The thing is that we all know that Rossi is "a bit" of a hypocrite when it comes to how someone else can ride and how he himself can overtake/ride. Does anybody remember last year when he blocked Marc? That was to much for me hehe

Last edited:
I dont agree Pillo, obviously. What Marquez did to Rossi was dangerous and it was normal that it ended up that way. And Rossi called it before the GP. Off course it's not the best move he could have done but I totally understood him that time.

And Lorenzo didnt say anything when Marquez made suicidal move against Rossi so that he loose the WC. He said Marquez was right and that Rossi was dangerous, but now a perfectly valid overtake is too dangerous. Come on man.

Simoncelli didnt die because he was reckless, he died because he was unlucky. Lets make that clear.

Personally I used to like Lorenzo but I lost all respect at the end of last year. Plus his driving as soon as there's a drop of rain on the track is ridiculously bad. I understand why but he should have gotten over his crash. All the great champion did. I'm really looking forward to see him on a bike not developed by Rossi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back