2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
This seasons title is decided.
Already looking forwards to next year & i think Maverick will be someone to watch.
Maybe strange to say but he will be the nearest rival for MM93 imo.
About VR46 i don't believe he will gain his 10th title ever.Spoiled his chance on it last year.He's still performing well & impressive but somehow he fails.
Hope that DP26 will perform well next year and have a year without bad luck.

Mr big wallet Karel Abraham will replace Hernandez at Avintia next year. He's shown glimpses of talent in the past but there are people more deserving of that ride in my opinion.

As much as I hated Marquez last year, he deserve the title this year, he didnt had the best bike but manage to be very consistent, Rossi and Lorenzo couldnt sadly. Lorenzo because of his poor skill as soon as there's 2 drop of rain on the track and Rossi because he had too much 0 pts finish. Marquez did a very smart season and manage not to hurt himself on the fall he had.

Mr big wallet Karel Abraham will replace Hernandez at Avintia next year. He's shown glimpses of talent in the past but there are people more deserving of that ride in my opinion.
Is his dad paying or buying a share of the team? As that's how I remember he got the seat in the first time. I agree though, even hernandez deserves it more after his tricky season.

Marquez did a very smart season and managed not to hurt himself on the fall he had.
He's had a great season. It was also a nice touch that Marc dedicated his 5th title to his grandmother who passed away this year.

I remember Kasey Khane did the same thing after he won a Nascar race a few years back and had recently lost his grandmother. I lost my own grandmother in March so I relate and I shed a tear for all these grannies in heaven.

Last edited:
Is his dad paying or buying a share of the team? As that's how I remember he got the seat in the first time. I agree though, even hernandez deserves it more after his tricky season.
Not that I know of, last time his team were tied in with the Brno track which is owned by Abraham Sr.

Nicky Hayden called up to replace Pedrosa! That's a surprise tbh

I bet cal isn't happy :lol:
There are plenty of theories about regarding Cal. The main reason he wasn't given the bike is because the LCR team would suffer massively results and sponsor wise. Also there's the fact that Cal has a personal sponsorship from Monster but the Repsol team is sponsored by Red Bull.

Lorenzo showing his "wet" track skills again.....that was very embarrassing (+6.6sec).

At Ducati they better start praying for a whole dry season next year or let him visit a psychiatrist this winter.

Yikes, McPhee and Bastianini in a nasty crash in front of the pack. Red flags, the beast is on his feet but McPhee looks more serious. Apparently he us conscious now.

Yikes, McPhee and Bastianini in a nasty crash in front of the pack. Red flags, the beast is on his feet but McPhee looks more serious. Apparently he us conscious now.

Those two crashes looked pretty bad. Good to hear he is conscious.

All eyes on Zarco now..

YES CAL! Sooooo happy :D Wish I had watched it live now :(

Funny fact - Yesterday I go a new cory (type of catfish) and I decided to call him Cal. Why? because he spends most of his time on the floor :lol:

Superb stuff cal, bet he's glad he didn't get Pedrosa's seat

That was nasty indeed,i'm glad everything turned out fine.
But this is what's bothering me at Moto3,there to many riders in this class imo and it's a class where close battles are normal,i'm surprised that crashes like this happen not more often.
Hope that Livio Loi keeps performing like this next year,pleased with his current form.

Great performance from CC35,VR46 & MV25.
Don't know what happened if MM93 didn't crash out,CC35 was closing in to him,maybe they could have battled for victory,maybe even VR46 could have joined them.
Saddly for AE41 that he crashed out when he was in a good position.
Remarkable that JL99 couldn't cath PE44 during a full dry race.

Just watched the race and can't complain! Very nice to see Cal performing like that. Not sure I wanted him to win like this because it looked like he could go faster than MM. The interview with him was interesting too hearing him saying he pushed the front tire harder when the sun was behind the clouds and drove more relaxed when the sun was shining, closing with saying he wasn't really pushing that hard. Better keep his pace up like this!

Rossi really outperformed Lorenzo, I was a bit scared after qualifying with their performance for the race but Rossi really did good. Lorenzo needs to get himself together before the season is over or next year will be very doubtful for him..

Was really an Oh No! moment when Espargaro #41 fell, was fun seeing the Suzukis battling the Ducati for third place. Bit of a bummer seeing Hayden drop the bike, looked forced..

That was nasty indeed,i'm glad everything turned out fine.
But this is what's bothering me at Moto3,there to many riders in this class imo and it's a class where close battles are normal,i'm surprised that crashes like this happen not more often.
Hope that Livio Loi keeps performing like this next year,pleased with his current form.

Not sure having less drivers in the field makes it less dangerous. It was just very unlucky to have a crash like this. I think a crash like this in a field so big, with actually not that much drivers involved, kinda proves having a big field doesn't need to be a problem. It also makes possible to attract more talent than pay drivers. It can be just as dangerous just driving on your own, like what sadly happened in Moto2 not so long ago.

Was really an Oh No! moment when Espargaro #41 fell, was fun seeing the Suzukis battling the Ducati for third place. Bit of a bummer seeing Hayden drop the bike, looked forced..
Looks like tyre temps were a real tricky one this race and AE ended up on the wrong end as a result. Not clever from Miller on NH at all - very messy block pass and HRC can't be too happy it happened.

Not sure having less drivers in the field makes it less dangerous. .
I agree with you. This particular one was just bad circumstances - a fast section, funneling into a slow corner, plus in all the years I've watched racing at PI, that is the first time I've ever seen someone lose the front coming over Lukey Heights. Usually its like MM did two years ago, dumping it under breaking into the tight right hander.

McPhee very lucky to get away with what I think is only a broken thumb! He was out cold!

I just don't like that riders can get overridden by others,remember Sic.
The chances in Moto3 are higher because of the compact field that when riders go down they can get overridden by some others who can't avoid the crashed pilot.
In the second corner of the first lap it was close also,at the previous Moto3 race at Motegi there where also some close calls.
Luckely most of the incidents turning out with no life-threatening damage,
I don't know how to explain actually,but everytime someone goes down in a group battle my heart freezes a little bit and i'm praying that nobody will overide him.
The way that McPhee was lying wasn't nice to see.
No movement for a while and i was releaved when the message came everyone was ok.
It could have been a dramatic outcome for McPhee and i'm glad that only his thumb is broken.
The same counts offcourse for the Bastianini and Navarro incident.

The chances in Moto3 are higher because of the compact field that when riders go down they can get overridden by some others who can't avoid the crashed pilot.
In the second corner of the first lap it was close also,at the previous Moto3 race at Motegi there where also some close calls.
Luckely most of the incidents turning out with no life-threatening damage,
I don't know how to explain actually,but everytime someone goes down in a group battle my heart freezes a little bit and i'm praying that nobody will overide him.
The way that McPhee was lying wasn't nice to see.
No movement for a while and i was releaved when the message came everyone was ok.
It could have been a dramatic outcome for McPhee and i'm glad that only his thumb is broken.
The same counts offcourse for the Bastianini and Navarro incident.
It's just unfortunate when this happens it happens often aswell thankfully they are few and far apart and serious injuries are even less apparent
Usually when someone falls they go to the outside of the corner but when this is not the case then it always creates this scenario often a heart in mouth moment

My dad is one of the most anti health and safety people I know in his day and age. Although he hates watching bike starts now. He's just become so afraid of them and because if the situation.

Inflatable airbags are a good call, although i think they should have been mandatory anyway and earlier.

Personally I think bastiannini's accident was worse, thankfully the wings are being banned as he wouldn't have stood a chance if he was hit by a bike with a fairing on the wing :(

Then don't watch the races. By its very nature, being run over is a danger faced by motorcycle riders. It's not like the halo in Formula One deflecting debris away from a driver's head; there is no way to offset the danger in motorcycle rqcing.

I have to say Crutchlow's new bike and leather color scheme this weekend looks pretty damn fantastic.

motogp-malaysian-gp-2016-cal-crutchlow-team-lcr-honda.jpg

I've only just seen the moto 3 from Sunday. What were race direction playing at? When Binder, Mir, Dalla Porta and Di Giannantonio all went down in unison it wasn't difficult to tell that there was something on the track and the red flag should have been out straight away. Luckily whatever it was dried up quickly but when the leaders came back round the bikes were still being cleared so if the track was still wet a yellow flag won't change physics and the riders/marshals would be in danger.
To make matters worse they allowed Bulega and Binder to ride around without any bodywork after their respective crashes potentially contaminating the track even further; and just for good measure Binder can involve himself in a battle for the podium while 3 laps down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back