2016 MotoGP/ WSBK/ Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter Mike Rotch
  • 1,457 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah man in my opinion if I have more points than you in a championship and you are attacking me with your bare fangs in some corners and i get you back in others it does not mean that you are dangerous. Rossi said that because he was not fast enough to escape from Marc, ie it is his own fault for inviting Marc to overtake him. Rossi blocked Marc and when Marc wanted to escape from the blockade he took a chance to ride around Rossi but Rossi successfully blocked out his escape route. Imagine Marc being a dolphin getting cut of from his flock by a fisher boat. The dolphin will try swim around the boat but simply gets caught by the fisher boat instead as it is right in the path of the dolphin hehe.. That is my analogy of the whole thing. :D

last year was fun, lets hope it will continue to be as fun this year too, well it already is to be honest. Motogp ftw, F1 is so boring compared to Motogp :D

Last edited:
I find his style of riding quite boring
I find his style of riding rather interesting and impressive to be honest. I like watching him ride. Everything he does looks absolutely smooth. Everything goes hand in hand. He has no wobbles, doesn't get loose, doesn't need to put his foot down. It's all just one flow. He get's out on the track and immediately is right on the edge, while looking like he's casually going around the track.

I find his style of riding rather interesting and impressive to be honest. I like watching him ride. Everything he does looks absolutely smooth. Everything goes hand in hand. He has no wobbles, doesn't get loose, doesn't need to put his foot down. It's all just one flow. He get's out on the track and immediately is right on the edge, while looking like he's casually going around the track.

well, he rides as I think I ride but so much much slower than JL ofcourse :D
Like you said it is impressive that his riding style is that composed but I rather watch Marc. That is exiting riding, all the times he saves it and even when he hits the floor it looks impressive. Maverick is another rider I enjoy watching.

I'm a big Jorge fan and can't stand rossi, but even I'll admit I think he's just trying to cause problems. That move from rossi was fine, and it's wrong of Jorge to admit not having looked back at it and to have said all that, he's going fro the heat of the moment and we all know that is never a good thing.

His interview before the race about not being given upgrades is interesting too. I believe that is the case and could see it before he even mentioned it, however the way in which he said it, along with this now, only makes me believe he is trying his best to stir things up. The press are trying to make something out of nothing when rossi and marquez are together and I'm happy rossi is playing them down and saying the racing is fine (which it is), just hope Jorge would too. He believes that he can do what he wants due to his move to ducati, although I think he's going to embarrass himself.

I'm not a VR46 fan also,but i can respect him someway,what he has done and still doing is impressive.
I'm not sharing JL99's opinion about the overtake,if you don't take chances like that you'll never overtake anybody.It wasn't aggressive at all,VR46 was just taking an alternative line.

Dissapointed with MM93 last races tbh,especially at silverstone,he could have been second but should have been third.
It wasn't necessary to take so many risk for gaining some extra points when in advantage of your nearest rival.
Although it was awesome to watch and you can't deny his fighting spirit.But still imo he lost maybe important points over there.I still think he need to finish once or twice more in front of VR46 to claim to title with no big pressure on till the end.

In case it was missed, Binder and Oliveira will re-unite as teammates in Moto2 next year with Ajo KTM and Niccolo Antonelli is taking Binders Moto 3 spot.

In case it was missed, Binder and Oliveira will re-unite as teammates in Moto2 next year with Ajo KTM and Niccolo Antonelli is taking Binders Moto 3 spot.
So happy antonelli is going to ktm. He's had a truly bad year. I've supported him through these bad times and it's paid off lol

I'm not sure about the KTM Moto 2 bike, the last non Kalex race win was Sam Lowes in Texas last year I think. It would be nice to see some competition and maybe Ajo will run a good team but would you fancy accepting a ride not from Pons, Gresini or Marc VDS to be a title contender? So many good riders get lost in moto 2 now.

So many good riders get lost in moto 2 now.
This is very true.

From Binder and Oliveira's perspective though, it's a golden ticket to a factory MotoGP KTM ride in a few years, with the added benefit of understanding the trellis chassis. If they do get it right (and I am sure they will bring lessons from Moto3 - KTM that is), they will be the class of the field.

This is very true.

From Binder and Oliveira's perspective though, it's a golden ticket to a factory MotoGP KTM ride in a few years, with the added benefit of understanding the trellis chassis. If they do get it right (and I am sure they will bring lessons from Moto3 - KTM that is), they will be the class of the field.
They do have a great chance of getting it right, I'm stupidly forgetting that Ajo does have a moto 2 team already with Zarco riding, so they clearly know a thing or two.

Am I the only one finding Lorenzo pitfull with his attack on Rossi overtake ? Does anyone think he's right and want to try to explain to me why ?

He said again in Aragon that he believe that Rossi move was dangerous. I dont get it really. He said :
On the bike I couldn't see his line, and on the replay I could see his line.
But how are you suppose to see the line of someone overtaking you in motoGP as you dont have mirror ? I dont get what he's trying to imply or say. Anyone cares to explain to me ?

First lap was brutal up at the front, they were taking no prisoners.
Great racing in the MotoGP race and it's still 8 laps to go...

I'm satisfied with MM's performance although his pass at JL was a little agressive (maybe to).
Apologised immediatly.VR made the wrong tyre choice imo.
Championship is not over but it's looking very good from MM's perspective.

For the first time in a while, the moto 2 championship is the only one that's still open at this stage of the season.
Congrats to Brad Binder! :cheers:

motogp-making-of-repsol-challenge-2016-marc-marquez-repsol-honda.jpg

That's what it was like during qualifying when he was in moto 2. :lol:
Speaking of that class, Kent and Domi Aegeter will be in the Leopard racing team next year on Suters. However Aegeter's current team have sacked him claiming they had a verbal agreement in place over next season; Lecuona in to replace.

Still no Iannone this weekend but Pirro is busy testing the 2017 bike thousands of miles away so Barbera gets a promotion. His Avintia bike will be ridden by Australian superbike champion Mike Jones.

Lorenzo leading from a pretty good start. Awesome passing by Rossi and switch back by Marquez.

Edit: well, that's that. back to WEC...

Last edited:
I would never have picked both M1's being in the gravel this race :indiff: Well done MM, a little maturity has made him almost untouchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back