2016 Nissan Maxima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 306 comments
Spy pics of the Maxima

2016-Nissan-Maxima-1carscoops.jpg

2016-Nissan-Maxima-2carscoops.jpg

2016-Nissan-Maxima-3carscoops.jpg

I'm glad they decided to show it now instead of waiting until the NY Auto Show in April. Now we can pull the camo off.

image.jpg

The rear is interesting, but is see shades of the Murano CrossHorror with its roof up...

Best looking Maxima in a looooong time, that's for sure. Would be sweet if you could get a stick with the V6 again to relive those 4DSC memories.

Not too fond of it compared to the current shape of the cars. I feel this is just trying too much. I hope that the nismo version looks exactly like the concept those wheels in the commercial take a lot of that aggressive sporty look from it.

Funny thing I saw this car in camo out here some time ago. Nice to see the end product.

Last edited:
It looks really heavy.
I got that impression too when seeing it on the commercial, but the car isn't much bigger than an Altima.
Not too fond of it compared to the current shape of the cars. I feel this is just trying too much. I hope that the nismo version looks exactly like the concept those wheels in the commercial take a lot of that aggressive sporty look from it.

Funny thing I saw this car in camo out here some time ago. Nice to see the end product.
I feel they went with the wrong trim for the commercial. Since it was about a dad that races, they should have went with the sportier SR model with the 19's...

I got that impression too when seeing it on the commercial, but the car isn't much bigger than an Altima.

I feel they went with the wrong trim for the commercial. Since it was about a dad that races, they should have went with the sportier SR model with the 19's...

Does the SR have a Nismo package, or have they not gone that far with it yet?

That's too bad considering this would of most likely been the car I trade up to in a couple years.
They are taking their sweet time getting the Sentra Nismo out, so even if they do one for the Maxima, I wouldn't expect it until facelift time.

It's interesting Nissan's design language is adopting more and more of a French accent with each passing year...

I think it's supposed to be Nissans answer to the BMW 5/6 series. However, it too fat, soft to make a potential 5 series buyer think once, much less twice. The second generation car had a wonderful 6 speed (over drive) tranny linked to a really good straight six that was pulled from the old 280z car. With some attention form Nissan engineers and trickle down from the GTR the Maxima could be awesome. The trick would be to keep the sticker price right about 35 with the changes and bump in performance.

Back