2016 Nissan Maxima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 306 comments
It looks like it has potential. I've warmed up to it and I think it looks pretty good in final form. My biggest concerns for it are visibility, how well they did the interior, and of course the price. If they want anything near $40k for a Nissan, they're tripping.

beware of the softop conversions from 1993-1996
th

Like the new Titan, it's much easier on the eyes in person. having been around both for months now, I quite like them. Interior is a huge step up over the current model (stepping into Infiniti territory) and I expect it to make at least 300hp, because it hauls ass. I wouldn't expect pricing to budge too much from current MSRP.

It does, but not in a fat and slovenly way. It looks mighty powerful. I like it. Nissan has a way with designing cars that don't look like other cars.

It's big in a Terran Battlecruiser way, I'll give you that. Maybe if it was a eight-or-more-cylinder rwd sedan it could sell that attitude. But a fwd V6?

It really is not as large as it looks in the ad.
I think that's kind of our point. They've made it look enormous when it doesn't really need to be. I think it looks big in a good way, not a bad way, but either way its a bit unnecessary.

Pretty bold design shown in the Superbowl ad; something I would imagine more on the Infiniti side of the lot than the Nissan. 👍

I don't think people care as long as it looks the part.

So much this.

Most people don't care about 0-60, lateral g's or Nurb times.

As long as the car is quick enough, big enough and comfortable enough, they'll consider it.

And if it looks fantastic, that's money in the bank. People will pay good money to stand in line to own a car nobody else owns.

-

Wait a minute...

I want to see it in that crazy orange color that was so popular with Nissan in the early/mid '00s.

As long as Nissan gets rid of that plum red that looks like **** after a few years, I'll be happy.

As long as Nissan gets rid of that plum red that looks like **** after a few years, I'll be happy.
The one in the commercial? I think it's the same color as the official photos, so that tells you how crappy the lighting was in the commercial. The red in the official photos is really nice in person.

Scratch that, I think they are different, but the color in the commercial is still nicer in person. It's a much deeper red.

The one in the commercial? I think it's the same color as the official photos, so that tells you how crappy the lighting was in the commercial. The red in the official photos is really nice in person.

Scratch that, I think they are different, but the color in the commercial is still nicer in person. It's a much deeper red.
Sooo.... like a soul red from Mazda?

The two reds are called Cayenne Red and Sonoma Sunset. Sonoma Sunset may be the worst automotive paint in the history of cars. It literally looks like dank ass the moment it's not kept in concours condition.

Latest Posts

Back