2016 Nissan Maxima

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 306 comments
Yeah started on the 370z pretty sure, but while the case might be Similar, Nissan uses a V Style Brake LED where as the Lexus goes with a broken glass style.

On a side note, I can bet my life that Nissan Aus will replace our C12 Pulsar with the European C13 in about a year or two.

Nissan say they are not succeeding models despite the numbers as they are meant for different markets, but they are both on the same platform and the C13 basically looks like a more refined C12 with more modern engines.

I would consider the C13 if they sold it here but the C12 is just too disgusting to consider despite the enormous value of the 1.6T ST-S and SSS.

Last edited:
Photoshop anyone?

Edit: Updated, now with more low.

maxima.png

Last edited:
Maybe, but better IMO. Of course I've been around them for months now so the looks have grown on me quite a bit. If I could purchase one, I'd get the sporty SR trim with the spoiler, all black interior (comes with suede and blue stitching) in this color:

2015-nissan-gt-r-7

Same color will be available on the '16 Maxima.

looks wrong imo, if they made a Nismo Version that was making around 400hp though I could see that working.

I think having the body that close to the ground and the wheels that close to the fender makes the entire thing look oddly slab sided. It needs the height to make the fender lines have more impact.

I think having the body that close to the ground and the wheels that close to the fender makes the entire thing look oddly slab sided. It needs the height to make the fender lines have more impact.
The positive camber on that shopped rear wheel doesn't help either.

I like that blue on the GTR. Although i don't like the looks of the Maxima, i think that colour would suit it.

I'm still curious why the thread about a low-volume, performance-niche family sedan with front-drive and an automatic has garnered so much attention. Why does this thread even exist?

I'm still curious why the thread about a low-volume, performance-niche family sedan with front-drive and an automatic has garnered so much attention. Why does this thread even exist?
Because in terms of sales, Nissan needs this car to be a hit. And it will be interesting to watch people flock to them based on it's crazy styling (working for the new Murano) and it's huge step up in interior quality.

Also, when manufacturers get involved in Le Mans with outrageous, novel designs and tons of money, people tend to pay attention to their road cars in development.

Because someone here works for nissan, that is all.

Because in terms of sales, Nissan needs this car to be a hit. And it will be interesting to watch people flock to them based on it's crazy styling (working for the new Murano) and it's huge step up in interior quality.
They don't need this car to be a hit. The Maxima has been for several generations quite a low-volume car. I wouldn't doubt that twice as many Altimas are sold. If the Maxima died, not many people would be unhappy about it and Nissan would do just fine without its sportier Avalon competitor.

The only thing particularly interesting about this is that it serves as a bit of a design showcase for Nissan's new styling direction. But even so, there will be many more Muranos on the road looking good than there will be Maximas.

If Nissan wants an important car they need to sort their C Segment out, as a worldwide Brand this should be the bread and butter but as of current they got no idea what they are doing and the ones they do have are easily demolished by basically all competition.

Nissan tiida/Pulsar works in a 3rd world country as a budget car but gets eaten alive in any other market, Nismo is a good concept but without a good car base backing it up its still a joke.

I shouldn't judge the colours as I have not seen the car in the flesh. But it looks better in Silver than the red or blue.

Latest Posts

Back