2017 MotoGP/WSBK/Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter adamp93
  • 174 comments
Very sad to learn that Nicky Hayden has passed. Tragic way for any person to go but even more so when you lived your life on the edge.

RIP Nicky

Rest in peace Kentucky Kid, you were America's shining star in MotoGP, and a fantastic personality in motorsports. We won't ever forget you. ;-;7

Gut wrenching news to wake up to. :(

Thanks for all the great memories Nicky, it won't be the same without you.

Still can't believe it :( .
This news was the first i saw when i came home from work,i still had some hope for him.
This news is a shock.
RIP Kentucky Kid.

mDOsE3v.jpg

Last edited:
Just quite sad by the news, especially when I recall him winning his world championship in MotoGP when I was back in highschool. To me he was a great rider and no one deserves to have it end like this, I wish the best for his family and have nothing else to really describe the hurt.

RIP. To me, it says the most about him as a person that he won a World Championship, and yet I never heard anyone speak a bad word about him, nor him about others. That is truly rare.

Damn a huge loss to Motorsport, he was the first Rider to break Rossi's consecutive championships and bring the Repsol Team back into the championship fold after they lost their way, and although he didn't find the speed after that season his commitment was unquestioned.

and you got to love someone who can use 69 as his race number and keep a straight face.

RIP Mate.

and you got to love someone who can use 69 as his race number and keep a straight face.

RIP Mate.
He used it because his dad did, and Earl used it because he used to crash a lot so people could still read it with the bike upside down.

I'm still shocked by the news, I really admired Nicky both as a rider and a person. You could tell just by listening to him speak that he wasn't a typical world champion. They are normally arrogant (which is fine) but he was so humble and it earned him so much respect. This picture sums him up for me, he put his heart and soul into becoming a world champion; the raw emotion of his dream finally being realised and of course his family were there with him.
IMG_20170523_173610.jpg

I started watching motoGP races around 2000 (named 500 back then) and I remember finding my "hero" after just a few laps watching the TV screen. There was a group of riders raising their heads and chests under braking, simultaneously and in a composed way. All bikes pointing at the same direction. And in the middle of them there was a RedBull liveried Yamaha with its rear tyre sliding all over the place, as if its rider was losing control of it every single corner. He was the Australian Garry McCoy and he was hilarious to watch: he seemed like he was messing around and showing off, but he was actually competitive, winning races in the top class and finishing in the top5 at the end of the championship. The following years he had some injuries and slipped to the back of the field with a terrible Kawasaki, but luckily for me there was a new guy named Nicky Hayden, which brought back some fun to watch sliding to the front of the grid. And some powerslides exiting some corners, leaving a trail of smoke. He wasn't as flamboyant as McCoy but as the Australian, he was still clearly recognizable by his riding style, even with lots of electronic devices making their way into a MotoGP.
It's a real pity that lots of motorsport fans remember Hayden as the guy who won that 2006 championship only winning 2 races, and because of that labelling him as a soulless, boring and calculating rider, because he really wasn't.
Thanks for the memories and the slides Nicky, RIP

YouTube at .png

Sachsenring 2006.png

People really need to watch out for bikes on public road.

RIP Nicky.

Not to rain on the tragedy that clearly many of us motorsports fans are going through with this loss (me included) but if you actually look into the story it supposedly wasn't the driver's fault at this point. I don't want to derail this but I'd suggest looking into it and just keeping it simple to paying respect and not getting angry over said tragedy.

Was yesterday's Moto 3 race not the most exciting and bonkers thing that's ever happened? Incredible stuff from pretty much everyone, especially when you think only one person crashed.

The other 2 races were great as well, hats off to Petrucci!

Yeah moto3 was amazing !!!

Motogp was ok,unfortunately is was tyre limited so at the end the top 4 where equally fast and nobody could attack anymore....

Spy.

English rider Davey Lambert dies after crash during Isle of Man TT
The English rider Davey Lambert has died after being injured in a crash during the Isle of Man TT.

The 48-year-old from Gateshead suffered multiple injuries when his Kawasaki crashed on the third lap of the opening Superbike race at Greeba Castle on Sunday.
Source: theguardian
Hopefully he will be the only rider to lose his life on the Isle this year.

Today the Isle claimed two more lives :guilty:
A Dutch racer has died following a crash during an Isle of Man TT race.
Jochem van den Hoek, 28 and from Werkendam in the Netherlands, died from injuries sustained in a crash at the 11th milestone in the Superstock race.
Source: BBC
An Irish road racer has died following a crash during qualifying for the Senior TT on the Isle of Man, the third to lose his life at this year's event.
Alan Bonner, 33, from Stamullen in the Republic of Ireland suffered fatal injuries after crashing at the 33rd Milestone on the Mountain section.
Source: BBC

Guy Martin also had a big one and was very lucky to walk away with just bruises. He looked shellshocked when the interviewed him afterwards.

Guy Martin was quite lucky, Honda Racing have had lots of problems, with the new bike. His team mate, John McGuinness, had big crash, at the NW200, road race Northern Ireland. Honda withdrawed, from the race.

In the earlier years of MotoGP, a few riders were killed, every season, until safety got introduced. The TT Course, because of its nature, can never be, as safe, with gravel traps etc.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport...ay/tt-honda-in-crisis-after-mcguinness-crash/

Back