2017 MotoGP/WSBK/Road Racing ThreadMotorbikes 

• Thread starter adamp93
  • 174 comments
Speaking of Binder, what happened to him? We don't get much coverage of the opening rounds here since they're all at unusual hours, and I find it odd that the reigning Moto3 champion should be dumped after just two races. Was he injured or something?

He's still with Ajo, just recovering from an injury. If I remember correctly he hurt his arm late last year and has not been able to fully recover from that and after Argentina, where things got worse, they decided that another surgery was needed. I think he'll be back in time for France.

It was Jerez, not Barcelona.

Anyway Dani did ride a brilliant race which I'm sure everyone always loves to see, he and Dovi are the nice guys of the paddock that go under the radar a bit sometimes.
The moto 3 however was just nuts like always, it's an absolute crime that Ramirez didn't get on the podium because he rode absolutely beautifully throughout. Fair play to Canet though, he looks like another rider who just needed one win under his belt to really kick on (like Binder did after winning there last year).
:dunce::lol:

You're right, Catalunya is next month. How I managed to be convinced in to mixing up the two....I really don't know. Not like I haven't seen either of them before.

Still, point remains the same, seems like with Jerez there is always a few corners that take out guys one lap after another, or all at once. I suppose that is a vague statement, but to me it seems like the corners they would go off on are the ones I didn't expect to be an issue.

Speaking of Binder, what happened to him? We don't get much coverage of the opening rounds here since they're all at unusual hours, and I find it odd that the reigning Moto3 champion should be dumped after just two races. Was he injured or something?
On the first day of Moto2 testing at Valencia last year (day after he won the title), he high-sided and the bike landed on his arm, breaking it. He had an op and rode in Qatar injured and again at Argentina - where he actually rode to 9th with a broken arm as he rebroke it in warmup just riding the bike.

He's been re-operated on and I think it hoping to return after France.

Terribly sad news on the Kentucky Kid. Too many similarities with Schumi...I hope the guy pulls through.

People looked at me funny, but I still rode my beach cruiser, with a full face motorcycle helmet. Those foam things do nothing. I still don't know why those aren't banned. Even bmx & dirt bike helmets protect the face.

Just seems weird for motorsports pilots, not to wear helmets, in road traffic.

People looked at me funny, but I still rode my beach cruiser, with a full face motorcycle helmet. Those foam things do nothing. I still don't know why those aren't banned. Even bmx & dirt bike helmets protect the face.

Just seems weird for motorsports pilots, not to wear helmets, in road traffic.
Could you please not talk about who should have done what until some details of the accident are released. Or at least until the full severity of his injuries become clear.

Speaking of which, apparently there's been some clickbait 🤬 posted online. Only trust official sources, such as:

Could you please not talk about who should have done what until some details of the accident are released. Or at least until the full severity of his injuries become clear.

Speaking of which, apparently there's been some clickbait 🤬 posted online. Only trust official sources, such as:

I don't know what Nicky was wearing. I did not point a finger at him in particular. I see V8 Supercars pilots, who love cycling, only wearing a foam helmet and sunglasses.
I stated what I used to wear when I rode a push bike. Lance Armstrong never wore a full face helmet on his road bike. It's a wonder why a full face helmet is not worn by bicyclists. Knowing anything can happen on the road.

This morning, I've read Nicky's injuries are "severe". We'll find out when more news is available.

Edit: this one is edited and mentions his condition as " extremely critical".
http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorsp...t/news-story/f32f89e9ba012e9e33515bfb09b2dde7

Last edited:
Miller had an guardian angel with him.:eek:
Very lucky escape.

Huge crash in Moto3,almost everybody went down.:eek:
Race red flagged.

Hoping that Hayden pulls through in a liveable condition.

That Moto3 crash was remarkable.

Very lucky too because I spotted two riders on the ground managing to duck from one flying bike.

I can't remember ever seeing Rossi make a mistake on the last lap, then two come along at once! Fair play to Maverick though, he put the pressure on meaning Rossi had to go 100%
Massive congratulations to Zarco as well. 👍

No surprise unfortunately. If he made it out, chances are he would be living like Schumi is right now.

RIP Nicky, your fighting spirit will live on forever.

Back