2017 Rallycross Thread. World RX/GRC/national championshipsRally 

Solberg and Kristoffersson's Polo GTI for 2017. PSRX and VW Sweden combine forces...

C7XofYGXUAQZ8cC.jpg

C7XogcaXwAAO2PM.jpg

Last edited:
Love the car, not sure on the team name. PSRX Volkswagen Team World RX Team Sweden (or PSRXVTWRXTS for short) doesn't exactly roll of the tongue...

Last edited:
The Polo is almost definitely based on Kristoffersson's previous car, not the canned WRC car. But one note from the reveal livestream is that it now uses the GRC engine

All of the 2017 World Rallycross Championship races will be streamed live on the Ford Performance facebook page. You'll have to go HERE to see them. I tried to embed their announcement post but it wouldn't work.

I'm planning on going to a GRC event and the tickets are on sale. There are two days but I can't seem to find any info on what's on each day.

Depends on the event. Some of them are double headers, some aren't. All are 2 day shows.
If its a double header, both days are full shows with Heats, Semi finals, LCQ and Final.
If its not a double header then on day 1, its just a couple of heats.
All tickets are general admission though, and they wont sell out, so i dont know that I would recommend buying again.
There isnt any big benefit. I think they are a little cheaper if you buy ahead i guess.

Unfortunately someone had a brain fart and put him in the world feed commentary team...

So he was banned from competing in the sport for his behaviour but it's completely fine to endorse him as a commentator? :odd:

I can't wait to see the Global Rallycross action once that series starts up. Fun-to-watch, frenzied racing rallycross is. I'll probably look up more World Rallycross stuff on YouTube or something.

I read that he went to a car show in Norway and ended up getting into fist fights, breaking a tuners car by jumping on it with his fat ass then hiding under a car when the police came to arrest him. Its about time his career came to an end, he has a rubbish attitude and has only had the moderate success he has so far through his dad buying the best for him year after year.

Yeah, a cocaine-fuelled brawl at Gatebil is what did it for him.

He's just a spoilt kid. He's the rudest driver I've ever met, he doesn't even make eye contact with you at signing sessions. It's a shame since Pat Doran is such a nice guy.

Yeah, a cocaine-fuelled brawl at Gatebil is what did it for him.

He's just a spoilt kid. He's the rudest driver I've ever met, he doesn't even make eye contact with you at signing sessions. It's a shame since Pat Doran is such a nice guy.

And it doesn't help that he seems to be under the illusion that he's a legend in the sport.
He's tried to be the British Ken Block, and failed miserably.

And it doesn't help that he seems to be under the illusion that he's a legend in the sport.
He's tried to be the British Ken Block, and failed miserably.

I'll admit he's pretty decent at gymkhana, but he's not the legend of rallycross that he thinks he is. It's just a shame he seems to be the poster child of British rallycross still, which only fuels his ego further.

Latest Posts

Back