2017 Rallycross Thread. World RX/GRC/national championshipsRally 

Petter Solberg looks like a strong candidate for dad of the year, letting his son Oliver take his DS3 RX for a spin.
It shows that Solberg Jr. has been into motorsport since he was 5. He could become the Max Verstappen of Rally/Rallycross.

The clip is in Norwegian, so bear with the gibberish. :lol:

I'll admit he's pretty decent at gymkhana, but he's not the legend of rallycross that he thinks he is. It's just a shame he seems to be the poster child of British rallycross still, which only fuels his ego further.

On occasions I've had this with him. I wanted to interview him in Barcelona a couple of years back and he bluntly refused, but later sent me a message to apologise. I guess he thought I'd write something bad about him! The next time I interviewed him was at the Autosport Show in January of last year and he couldn't have been nicer and more forthcoming.

Tricky, but there's definitely two sides of a coin with Liam.

Tom
On occasions I've had this with him. I wanted to interview him in Barcelona a couple of years back and he bluntly refused, but later sent me a message to apologise. I guess he thought I'd write something bad about him! The next time I interviewed him was at the Autosport Show in January of last year and he couldn't have been nicer and more forthcoming.

Tricky, but there's definitely two sides of a coin with Liam.

He seems to have good days and bad days, and I've only ever caught him on a bad day. :lol:

Stowe taking shape. Looks like it connects at the top loop of the track?

C9iERJaXYAAPHg8.jpg:orig

C9iEDvzXkAA2qtg.jpg:orig

C9nzpGeW0AAXT2K.jpg:orig

C9nzpGcWsAEqW2e.jpg:orig

Last edited:
GRC is on NBC from Memphis. Early predictions so far are for VW to walk all over everybody, but at the same time, Dejong and Sandell are no slouches and may get a win a piece before it's over

For those of you with NBC Sports Network, NBCSN will show highlights of the Global Rallycross Lites racing around Memphis at the top of the hour. So we will get to see how the lighter variety of GRC starts up the 2017 campaign.

As a heads up, NBC is supposed to show highlights of the Global Rallycross round from Louisville, KY, USA at the top of the hour. Earlier this week, I saw highlights of FIA World Rallycross in Belgium. That was a crazy Final!

Stowe taking shape. Looks like it connects at the top loop of the track?

C9iERJaXYAAPHg8.jpg:orig

C9iEDvzXkAA2qtg.jpg:orig

C9nzpGeW0AAXT2K.jpg:orig

C9nzpGcWsAEqW2e.jpg:orig
Looks as rubbish as expected, the fans will have to use binoculars to see any of the action from half a mile away, the racing will be dull compared to Lydden Hill. At least the organisers will have nice shiny toilets though.

My photos from Global Rallycross Louisville are done!

https://flic.kr/s/aHsm1hj7Tn

Some highlights:

_DSC5485-32
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5580-42
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC5821-84
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC6055-126
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC6129-140
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC6645-229
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC6986-291
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC7361-393
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC7610-442
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC7650-453
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC7795-473
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC7949-503
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC8036-513
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC8152-528
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

_DSC8213-536
by Harry Dang, on Flickr

At the top of the hour, NBC will show highlights of Global Rallycross from Thompson, CT. I may or may not be able to see it since some bad weather is possible to come here in Houston. But again- GRC at Thompson at 5:00 PM EDT.

Olsbergs returns to its home nation for the World RX of Sweden, with two thirds of its GRC squad and their venerable Fiestas. Here's hoping the Civics turn up on the GP3R entry list (like they were always supposed to) and these kids get another outing

Olsbergs returns to its home nation for the World RX of Sweden, with two thirds of its GRC squad and their venerable Fiestas. Here's hoping the Civics turn up on the GP3R entry list (like they were always supposed to) and these kids get another outing

I too would love to see the Civics mix it up like the Subarus did. Oh! They should run WRX too!

It was inevitable but World RX will introduce a separate division for electric cars by 2020 at the earliest, alongside the current WRX categories.

The rallycross format will mask the current flaws and play up to the benefits of the drive system, honestly pretty excited for it. Using the electric Stard car as a base should give us a bunch of suitably punchy race cars.

It was inevitable but World RX will introduce a separate division for electric cars by 2020 at the earliest, alongside the current WRX categories.

The rallycross format will mask the current flaws and play up to the benefits of the drive system, honestly pretty excited for it. Using the electric Stard car as a base should give us a bunch of suitably punchy race cars.
Where's Traxxas when you need them?

Back