2019 ADAC TOTAL Nurburgring 24hSports Cars 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 309 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
Discussion thread for this weekend's 24 hour race at the Nurburgring.

N24-2.jpg

Official Site
Entry List
Live Timing / Live Stream

I'm excited to be there again, for the second time, this year. I'll be heading up tomorrow afternoon and staying at a friend's house in Adenau. Last year was an amazing experience even with the cold and rain on Sunday. Weather is looking really good so it should be a great time. Go Manthey Racing!

I'm excited to be there again, for the second time, this year. I'll be heading up tomorrow afternoon and staying at a friend's house in Adenau. Last year was an amazing experience even with the cold and rain on Sunday. Weather is looking really good so it should be a great time. Go Manthey Racing!

I'm glad the weather forecast is good since it seems this race can have some extreme weather issues over the years. The hailstorm, last year's heavy rain and fog etc.

I'm glad the weather forecast is good since it seems this race can have some extreme weather issues over the years. The hailstorm, last year's heavy rain and fog etc.
They posted a little while ago about a storm hitting today with hail.

For anyone interested, here are the BoP values for the current race after the latest adjustment after the qualification race.
https://www.motorsport-total.com/24...che-und-audi-duerfen-wieder-ausladen-19060803

I only know this German source unfortunately, but I think it's easy to read the data for each car, which is:

Weight [kg]
Air restrictor diameter [mm]
Power [hp] engine test rig/car test rig
Fuel tank size/refill volume. [l]

In round brackets is the difference to the BoP before which was valid for the qualification race. Also, BMW and AMG had a change for ignition timing on low and mid rev values.

Looking at the values with respect to their qualifying speed (not taking into account later race performance as not all cars have 4 pro drivers on them, but I think every SP9 manufacturer has at least one pro):

It seems that either some teams were able to not show everything in the qualification race (which the organizers claimed wouldn't be possible anymore) or the ignition timing change has hit BMW hard.
The AMG Polesetters have a big advantage in power over the same weight BMWs.
Porsche with good power among the lighter weight cars.
Unleashed from BoP (or same weight, same power for everyone), we would probably see Ferrari, Audi and Glickenhaus in front (not surprising of course given mid-engine should be the fastest concept, but especially Ferrari have to live with a rather significant power disadvantage).
Nissan's performance really not that great considering their light weight and huge power.

Can someone tell me what the cones on the main straight do?

Do they still have two pit entrys or is the coned zone pit exit lane? :confused:

Looks like they were just for the practice / qualifying sessions to allow cars to start a flying lap without doing the entire track. The race should have both entrances open, at least there are no cones now.

Looks like they were just for the practice / qualifying sessions to allow cars to start a flying lap without doing the entire track. The race should have both entrances open, at least there are no cones now.

You loop around the GP track before you attack the lap proper. The cones are to ensure separation between those on a proper lap from those on a warm up lap.

Thanks for the explanation fellas. :)👍

Great heads up by the Porsches. Just realized there are no Bentleys. :boggled:

M3 Down. :(

Manta... DRINK!

Manta... DRINK!

Last edited:
Back