Turbocharged 4-cylinder in line, transversally installed
Distribution: two overhead camshafts, 16 valves
Displacement: 1742 cc
Bore x stroke: 83 x 80.5 mm
Max. output 350hp @ 6800 rpm
Max. torque: 440nm @ 3500 rpm
Lubrication: wet sump.

For real? @SlipZtrEm or @Famine

Hmm, is it possible to add the turbo from the 2.5L to the 2L MX-5 or add a Turbo to the 1.5L?
Also, wonder which body style. Sedan might be more aero friendly. However, hatch could be the option for Australia. Similar to Hyundai with both cars running either part of the world. However, MARC cars ran the 3-box shape over it's MARC V8 chassis. So, maybe sedan across the globe.

Edit: Old article
It’s understood that a number of Japanese manufacturers have been investigating developing a TCR car, with Nissan the most likely to make the move. Mazda have also been understood to have been looking at developing a TCR version of their Mazda 3, while Toyota are well-placed to start a TCR programme, with the new global Corolla being launched next year.

Last edited:
I remember seeing that old news about the meeting between Lotti and Japanese manufacturers. It was at Oschersleben if I remember correctly. I looked forward to seeing more manufacturers and there's a Corolla in the BTCC. I'd love to see those manufacturers come in.

It is understood that Mazda’s 3 TCR racer has been developed by its American racing division, which is set to shift its unsuccessful focus from IMSA prototype sports car racing to the TCR class of the Michelin Pilot Challenge series next year.

They're getting out of the prototype class? Is this a new development?

I remember seeing that old news about the meeting between Lotti and Japanese manufacturers. It was at Oschersleben if I remember correctly. I looked forward to seeing more manufacturers and there's a Corolla in the BTCC. I'd love to see those manufacturers come in.
I posted this last month. Same with Mazda, do Toyota just use this sedan or race the hatchback or both?

VW also use this model in the CTCC

They're getting out of the prototype class? Is this a new development?
I don't follow IMSA, was wondering the same.

2020 BTCC calendar revealed, including a return to Silverstone International.
http://www.btcc.net/2019/06/16/2020-kwik-fit-british-touring-car-calendar-announced/

Commanding Race 1 win for Jordan - great job by Smiley to hold off Chilton and the other WSR Beemers for second.
http://www.btcc.net/2019/06/16/andrew-jordan-claims-light-to-flag-win/

UPDATE: Jordan takes his fifth race win of the season, from Turkington and Cammish.
http://www.btcc.net/2019/06/16/high-five-for-andrew-jordan/

UPDATE 2: Chilton wins the reverse-grid race from pole over Cook and Plato. Turkington now goes into Oulton Park at the head of the drivers championship, 11 points up on Cook.
http://www.btcc.net/2019/06/16/chilton-edges-out-cook-and-plato-to-win-final-race-at-croft/

Last edited:
Back to Silverstone will be awesome.
They didn't leave Silverstone completely - in fact, they began using the National circuit in 2005 and it has remained a calendar fixture ever since. It'll be the first time that the BTCC has used the International circuit since its redevelopment, however - the last time they did was back in 2004...

Yep. Those young 86 drivers will definitely want to move up to TCR before S3/S2. ;)
Still waiting for a team to grab the speedy 308s.

Last edited:

Edit: One thing about what MArcello Lotti said about 4 manufacturewrs homologating new cars. We know of Mazda. There is also the MG concept. With Robert Brock a spocksperson for MG, wonder if he'd be involved in the program (if it comes about)here.

There's also WTCR at the NUrb this weekend.

Last edited:
So random question, I'm in Canada and interested in picking up this series, any recommendations on where I can watch it? Do they have live stream on YouTube? Or is there a paid service somewhere?

So random question, I'm in Canada and interested in picking up this series, any recommendations on where I can watch it? Do they have live stream on YouTube? Or is there a paid service somewhere?
TCR Australia? They live stream on their website.

Somebody uploads the WTCR races on YouTube. Google "WTCR race x" and you'll find them.

It is fascinating what was revealed about the Megane. Also, as you say about the Subaru.

Wonder how the Mazda Motorsports USA team are going(what engine was chosen and body style) and which Australian team are getting the deal to race them here.

So, 2 more Civics, another Hyundai and possibly a couple more Alfa's or Renault's. If there is a grid cap, they might want to think about increasing it before the year is out. :lol:

I wonder whats happening to my fellow country man Tiago Monteiro!
Did that crash in Barcelona ended his career? His results this season are below pathetic!

Latest Posts

Back