2019 Touring Car discussion - WTCC, BTCC etcTouring Cars 

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 664 comments
I wonder whats happening to my fellow country man Tiago Monteiro!
Did that crash in Barcelona ended his career? His results this season are below pathetic!
Last week, Monteiro competed in the Nürburgring 24 Hours in addition to the supporting WTCR races. He and his team won the TCR class in a Castrol-liveried Honda, which goes to show that Monteiro still has some pace in spite of his current results.

Meanwhile, at Oulton Park, BMW's Colin Turkington starts the first of today's three BTCC races on pole, with the Hondas of Sam Tordoff and Dan Cammish rounding out the top three. Leading title challengers Josh Cook and Ash Sutton have a lot of work to do, starting 22nd and 14th respectively.

Turkington wins Race 1 at Oulton Park from Cammish and Jordan, his 49th victory in the BTCC. In doing so, he builds his championship lead to 27 points over Sutton; with Cook unable to score any points, Jordan rises up to joint-third in the standings.

UPDATE 1: 50th win for Turkington in Race 2; 2nd place for Jordan moves him up to 2nd in the drivers' standings.

UPDATE 2: After inheriting the reverse-grid pole, Jake Hill (initially) storms to his debut victory in a dramatic Race 3. An early incident involving him tapping the Honda of Matt Neal into a spin casts the final results into doubt. Second-place finisher Stephen Jelley is left in a strong position pending the stewards' involvement...

UPDATE 3: ...and inherits the race win when Hill is given a 20-second penalty for the incident with Neal!

Last edited:
Fantastic that Leanne is trying to race next year.
Like Garth said, those racers that raced at the track last year, will have an advantage.

How's this?:)
https://www.tcraustralia.com/russell-ingall-gets-maiden-tcr-australia-chance-at-the-bend/
IMG_6934.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome. Hope Melbourne Performance Centre bring plenty of spares for the weekend. Get the feeling that Ingall is going have his elbows out. :lol:

The really poor production makes it frustrating to watch. The racing is great but half the time you can’t even really see what’s going on due to the bad camera work, lack of cameras and poor placement of cameras. Around the back of the track the cameras are angled so low that you can hardly see the positions of the cars. Since there are hardly any cameras around the track, if anything happens in the pack, it’s unlikely that we’ll see it.

If they’re really wanting to make something of TCR, they need to step up the professionalism.

If they’re really wanting to make something of TCR, they need to step up the professionalism.
I think that's unfortunately a side effect of tagging along with the Shannons tour. They're not used to professional broadcasts. All we can hope for is that the series grows enough to get picked up by something better.

As far as the race goes, the weather at this track can never make up it's mind. Wet, dry, wet, dry... Sucks for Andre in the Subaru, that thing is fast it just can't stay together. Sucks because I want to see it succeed. Great drive from Will Brown. And it didn't hit me who Jordan Cox was until they mentioned the Civic at Bathurst and then a light bulb went off. :lol:

Only caught the last couple of laps. What happened with Jordan Cox that caused him to get that 10 second penalty? Disappointed that John Martin dropped right off the pace on the final lap. Was looking like he'd get a podium at the very least.

Great drive from John Martin getting the first victory for Honda. Hopefully Jordan Cox can put together a deal for the rest of the season.

Something additional about the AGP
https://www.motoring.com.au/motorsport-tcr-eyes-undercard-spot-at-australian-f1-grand-prix-119519/
TCR is definitely being considered for the Rolex AGP, which will again open the Formula One world championship next year, according to program director Craig Fletcher.

“They are under consideration,” Fletcher confirms to carsales.com.au.

“There is a broad menu of Australian motorsport and we’re looking at all sorts of options. And they are one of those.”

Garth Tander looks unlikely to make anymore TCR Aus appearances this year due to his TV commitments. Hopefully he can help Leanne secure a full time spot on the grid next year. There seems to be enough cars to go around. :lol:
No doubt. I really hope she can get in.
What I also like are that Wall Racing and GRM will even help teams that buy their cars. I think Wall Racing said they'd run a team that buys a car. Maybe we get more 86 series drivers on the grid for next year.

Back